Uncle Floyd Show Returns On YouTube and Zoom!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by FredV, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Jeffhitz

Jeffhitz Forum Resident

Hey Now Fred - I've been watching all of the StageIt shows, and I'm pretty sure you were mentioned a few times - am I correct? My question is - do you have a copy of the song Jan & Dean sung last night on the show - Surf Bunky (Surf City sung in Dutch)?

2. FredV

FredV Senior Member Thread Starter

I have a copy of the video their appearance is on, not the song itself.

However, check this eBay link! ;)

Jan & Dean FLEXI-DISC "Surf Bunkey" aka "Surf City" in DUTCH Live 1980 Forever | eBay

3. Jeffhitz

Jeffhitz Forum Resident

Thanks Fred! I did see that listing on eBay already - $15.00 is a little rich for my blood, especially these days. Would it be possible for you to post a link to that video segment from the show that you mentioned? I actually remembered seeing it back when it first aired on the UF Show - I never forgot Jan's "lip-synching" the interview.

4. FredV

Be sure to get your virtual tickets for tonight's, September 7th, 2021, online Uncle Floyd Show. Can't say who the special guest might be, but you'll find yourself crawling from the wreckage and singing the blues if you miss it. Sometimes girl's talk, but me and the boys can't wait to see Floyd and the gang. Hope we'll see you there, we'll hear you knocking!

Link: https://www.stageit.com/uncle_floyd...with_uncle_floyd_and_scott_gordon_live/100976

vinnie likes this.
  5. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

OMG! If I read your clues right ...

Wreckage ... Gordon Lightfoot
    Singing the Blues ... Guy Mitchell
    Girls Talk ... Elvis Costello
    Hear You Knocking ... The Rolling Stones

Quite the lineup!

:)

6. FredV

Close, it was Dave Edmunds.

Don’t miss the next online Uncle Floyd Show, you don’t know who the special guest will be! :winkgrin:

[​IMG]

RayS likes this.
  7. FredV

Here's what you missed if you didn't catch the online Uncle Floyd Show.

[​IMG]

Lowrider75 and nosticker like this.
  8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

His resemblance to the son of Sam always bothered me

9. FredV

10. Paul Cammarata

Paul Cammarata Active Member

Does anyone have the video of when the Misfits appeared on Uncle Floyd on 10/31/1980?

11. FredV

12. FredV

13. W.B.

W.B. The Collector's Collector

Or was that Uncle Earl?

14. W.B.

W.B. The Collector's Collector

Perhaps the most successful show to emanate from an otherwise very unsuccessful UHF TV station in New Jersey.

rockerreds likes this.
  15. Ginger Ale

Ginger Ale Snackophile

This really takes me back! We used to watch him on a black and white TV set, I guess from a UHF channel. Fun times!

altaeria likes this.
  16. FredV

jupiter8 likes this.
  17. FredV

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  18. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Floyd is from my home town, Glen Rock, New Jersey.

I moved from there to CA in 7th grade but did go to a GRHS reunion about 10 years ago and Floyd was the MC and entertainment. He was a year ahead of me. As mentioned, both his brothers are well known, but also in that group was Lee Shapiro who was in the 70s version of The Four Seasons.

Earlier this month they had a reunion of sorts as a tribute to the music teacher there, and they played a concert in the school auditorium. Lee was there with all the Vivino's and several other GR musicians that ended up with musical careers. It was filmed for a documentary of sorts to be released in the spring.

Btw, Lee and I were and are close friends but I never knew the Vivinos. Apparently they moved there several months after I left. I met Floyd at that reunion and Jimmy and Jerry at a LA Fab Faux appearance about 10 years ago. Of course we have dozens of common friends.

RoyalScam and FredV like this.
  19. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I lived in Hawthorne for about 18 months, right on Rock Road. Ridgewood was right across the street (along with double the property tax), and Glen Rock began right down the road on Lincoln. Can't say I have fond memories, but I did discover you can't take the city out of the boy or the boy out of the city, apparently.

Anyway, no means to divert. Carry on... :winkgrin:

20. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

I've been back dozens of times since I moved out west. I love it there, but many of the kids don't, claiming there is nothing to do for them there. Glen Rock has pretty high property taxes as well. My friends there pay more than double what I pay for a similar valued house in So Cal.

It was great growing up so close to NYC. I used to go there on weekends with my dad to a technical library across from the UN building. He'd do his research and I'd read all the encyclopedias and we'd eat at the UN cafeteria.

We moved out here in Nov 64, but it seemed like a lot of things moved from NYC to LA at around that time, including my favorite radio DJ, B Mitchell Reid.

RoyalScam likes this.
  21. FredV

22. FredV

23. FredV

24. FredV

25. FredV

RayS likes this.