Better Call Saul - Season Three Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stereoptic, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayfold

Dayfold Forum Resident

I disagree! I thought the Walt Whitman book was a nice touch.

It harked back to two previous scenes: one in Season 3 when Gale impresses Walt by reciting a Whitman poem from memory; and a later scene where Hank asks Walt to look at Gale's chemistry notes. They see a dedication to 'W.W' with a Whitman quotation, and Walt says, "you got me, I'm W.W" (or something to that effect.)

The writers would have revealed their hand by introducing the book earlier, it would have been too obvious that the book would play a part in Walt's downfall, and so its effectiveness as a great, foreshadowed, plot twist would have been lost.

Vinyl Addict, Scotian and artfromtex like this.
  2. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Ed Zachary!!

Dayfold likes this.
  3. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Meh. To me it just seems like something they came up with long afterwards. To me it feels like a cheat. You go 4 whole seasons wondering how he is going to get busted and it all comes down to an item and event that wasn’t even mentioned until that very episode. I find it very dissatisfying.

4. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

what very episode? Didn’t the book come up in the 4th season?

5. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

It was only introduced in flashbacks in the very episode Hank found it.

6. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Have to say some of Mabel and Witness really dragged. How long was that scene of Ehrentraut looking for the tracer and taking apart that car? Too long for me.

7. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

The episode about the hearing into whether Jimmy should be disbarred was great, mostly the one story, and a nice twist with the prospect of Jimmy screwing up again and then being successfully disbarred cheering up Chuck.

On another tack, I'm sure looking forward to Don Hector meeting a very unhappy ending.

George P likes this.
  8. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Don't tell him!

John B Good likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.