Real Gone Once-a-Year sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by spanky1, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just got a notification from Real Gone that they are having their once-a-year sale.

Welcome to our Once-A-Year Sale! This is your ONE chance during 2020 to save on our back catalog of titles. But, like everything else about this year, this Sale is going to be a little different. Due to Covid precautions, we have limited staffing in our warehouse. So, we’re going to offer our Sale in two stages. First up is our CD Sale…and what a CD sale it is! From now until midnight Sunday, September 20, we’re marking down 248 CD titles by at least 20%. That’s the MINIMUM amount we’ve discounted these releases! You’ll also find 48 titles marked down to $4…save up to 80%! Plus a bunch of double CD sets priced as low as $5. Simply put—huge CD savings all around!
    You know what else is different about this year’s Sale? We actually pressed up some long out-of-print CD titles just for the occasion! Newly restored to our catalog are Grateful Dead: Dick’s Picks Vol. 25 and Vol. 26, Dusty Springfield: The Complete Philadelphia Sessions—A Brand New Me and Come for a Dream—The U.K. Sessions 1970-1971, Mason Williams: Phonograph, Barbara Lynn: The Complete Atlantic Recordings, and Alice Babs & Duke Ellington: Serenade to Sweden. And guess what? Even though they are more or less new releases, you get 20% off them, too!
    OK, so we know some of you are thinking, what about the LPs? Well, we are going to put those on sale two weeks from now, and that sale will last a week (we can’t combine CD Sale and LP Sale orders this year). Yup, we’re trying to “flatten the curve” so our warehouse staff can handle the volume. As always with this sale, EXTREMELY LIMITED QUANTITIES on some titles. So don’t wait!
    One last way in which this year’s sale is different. You probably have heard about the postal service issues. Take it from us, they are real. So please be patient…between USPS and our own staffing shortfall, your order probably will take a little longer than usual.
    It is our great pleasure to welcome you, our customers, to our ONCE-A-YEAR SALE (Part 1). Have at it! And thanks as always for your support.

2. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

I didn't find much in the last couple Real Gone sales (how many of those Durocs CDs did they press?), but this time I ordered the 3 Cheap Trick Epic Archive discs and the expanded .45 Grave Sleep in Safety CD.

SJP likes this.
  3. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Just ordered, CDs first. Listened to a bunch on you tube. Got five. Love this label.

4. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Well this just cost me fifty bucks
    Stuffs selling out a few things I saw avail hours ago are gone

melstapler, Greenalishi and SJP like this.
  5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I ordered the Cheap Trick archive volumes 1 & 2 (already have 3). Solid price, appreciate the sharing of the link to this sale.

melstapler and Greenalishi like this.
  6. Greenalishi

Order summary
    [​IMG]
    Tony Joe White That on the Road Look CD × 1

$8.00

[​IMG]
    Larry Williams CD × 1

$5.00

[​IMG]
    Keely Smith The Intimate Keely Smith (Expanded Edition) CD × 1

$5.00

[​IMG]
    George Braith CD × 1

$5.00

[​IMG]
    Cannonball Adderley Big Man CD × 1

$4.00

7. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

The road trips and dick's picks are a pretty solid deal if you're into the Dead.

elsanto likes this.
  8. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I got that George Braith CD during last year’s sale. Good stuff there for sure.

Greenalishi and melstapler like this.
  9. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Grabbed the Mamas & Papas, Grass Roots & Rascals singles collections. Also grabbed the 3 Cheap Trick titles.

Thanks for the head's up on this!

supermd, Greenalishi and melstapler like this.
  10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Forgot to share mine:
    the first two are either out of print or hard to find.

Circle Jerks
    obsessed
    blue oyster cult
    freddie king
    mississippi fred mcdowell

Greenalishi likes this.
  11. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I thought it was a pretty good sale. A couple that I noticed sold out were the AMAZING RHYTHM ACES two-fer and the LITTLE WILLIE JOHN 2-cd set. I'm surprised the BILLY WARD/DOMINOES set is still around since it's a great price, and great music. Although the discount isn't huge, there will be people clamoring for the BOB WILLS TIFFANY reprint that will undoubtedly sell-out in the not-too-distant future.

Looked at the Booker T singles, and the Gordon Lightfoot singles, but the discount was pretty minimal.

I really love this label, and hope they stick around for many years.

longdist01 and Greenalishi like this.
  12. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Nice. Grabbed the Alan Parsons Project Eye in the Sky, 5.1 on Blu Ray.

PhantomStranger, Greenalishi and SJP like this.
  13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The $4/$5 stuff is the exact same stuff that has been available for the same price for the past couple of years, at least. There are some more interesting titles, but at only modest discounts from list.

Greenalishi likes this.
  14. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yeah i got the boc it was only about a buck or two off, same with obsessed
    but i was ordering circle jerks and freddie king anyway so i just got them too

Greenalishi likes this.
  15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

BTW...any fans of pop should pick up the Beckies CD reissue for $4 from this sale. It was the last major project for Michael Brown (Left Banke, Stories), and it's the only CD issue ever.

The Beckies CD

16. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I picked up the 3 Cheap Trick CDs too.

If you are looking for a nice blind buy, check out the offering by Artful Dodger. I have this package and it sounds good. They were a great power pop band of the late 70s/early 80s. The 2-CD set is really their first 3 albums. I wish it offered their 4th album Rave On, which is my favorite.

MJConroy, rockerreds, keef00 and 4 others like this.
  17. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

There goes $70 !! .............. thanks for posting , I have to say always VERY reasonable shipping with this place :righton:

supermd, Greenalishi and JorgeGvb like this.
  18. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Which GD Roadtrips are the ones considered the best?

Greenalishi likes this.
  19. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

elsanto and mpayan like this.
  20. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

21. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

Thanks! Ordered that along with Badfinger, Marc Jonson, and Alan Parsons.

Greenalishi likes this.
  22. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

Agreed. I have Rave On on cd that was given out at a Cleveland show, but it is from a vinyl source.

Greenalishi likes this.
  23. Greenalishi

So the Black Jazz stuff has really got me intrigued. Each release I you tube and I want some of this stuff. Not on sale but some real interesting creative music I never heard of. Such a trippy label. Lots o variety but somehow cohesive

oldjollymon likes this.
  24. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

rod and Greenalishi like this.
  25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The nice thing about the Black Jazz label is that their entire discography is very short--so one could easily envision collecting the whole thing. (Well, the original pressings will set you back some coin, but certainly as reissues).

Greenalishi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.