When will the Simpsons end?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sear, Sep 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sear

Sear Dad rocker Thread Starter

They stopped being good and funny more than 20 years ago. But they keep going. Why don't pull the plug instead of let them wither for so long?

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

$$$

3. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

I keep trying to guess what season will be the last and why. My latest is ending with season 34 because they'll have 750 episodes. They recently got bought by Disney though and I'm sure they want a few sessions under their belt after buying them. I stopped watching after season 25 but I'm still interested in how long they'll continue.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  4. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

With all the controversy regarding people voicing characters of different ethnicity and such I expect the actors to throw in the towel sooner rather than later. Lisa and Maggie will probably get a spinoff or something.

fr in sc and Jack Lord like this.
  5. As Troy McClure said, the show will end when it stops being profitable. Why it still is, I have no idea.

fr in sc, cdnostalgia, Vidiot and 5 others like this.
  6. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

The voice actors have to be getting up there in age, then again, they wouldn’t be the first show to replace them. I don’t know anyone who still watches it. It’s like when an old actor dies and you think, “ I thought they were dead for years.”

7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

When either Dan, Julie, Yeardley, Nancy, Hank, 0r Harry does.....

goodiesguy, Galley, milankey and 2 others like this.
  8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I'd like to show THIS piece of work, from Season 29!
    In less than 2 minutes, they show all whole BUNCH of different foods & restaurants from New Orleans!
    The time spent making the food look like...well, FOOD, and the attention to detail on all the different restaurants they show is truly mind-boggling...considering they go by so fast,,,,,
    Why should you see this...well, it seems like their attention to making LOOK great is more important than actual plot!
    Sad, but true!

9. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

They won't end soon enough for me.

Scooterpiety likes this.
  10. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

That was embarrassingly stupid to the utmost degree. Perfect example of purely manufactured faux outrage.

fr in sc, Doctor Worm, Troyh and 6 others like this.
  11. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Have opinions much??? Here's how it will end: You just don't watch and don't talk about it and it's over for you.

It's on for 30 minutes on Sunday on Fox. I haven't seen a commercial for it since I got a Tivo - hey 20 years ago!

And I DEMAND that you PROVE that it stopped being funny 20 years ago. Maybe it was 18 years and 3 months ago. Maybe it's still funny. Maybe it's funny sometimes . Maybe you have a rare disease where funny things aren't funny to you if they are predominately yellow??

I remember in the good old days we'd have to wait for the encyclopedias to be published each year to see someone call you the cancellation of Gunsmoke.

12. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Just like when Family Guy thinks a shot-for-shot copy of a commercial is humor. It's not.

mr. steak and audiomixer like this.
  13. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

It ended years ago. After season 18 and the movie. At least on my TV.

goodiesguy and audiomixer like this.
  14. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

It ends when nobody is watching them and/or advertisers don't want to be placed during it? There are a lot of shows I'm hoping go away before this one though.

15. Sear

Is there anybody still watching The Simpsons? In 2020?
    They are not relevant anymore, youngest people don't even know who they are. Their time was the 90s.
    Let them die. And remember them as the great show it was in the 90s.

fr in sc likes this.
  16. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

GenX staple. Once it's over we become officially irrelevant....for gods sake keep it going

17. Sear

I don't know anybody who still watches this show. Neither GenX nor millennials. Nobody.
    In any home I've been people pass the channel when they broadcast the Simpsons. (is "broadcast" well used here?)

18. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

People that haven’t watched in 20 years aren’t really in a position to judge how good it is today. Do they make bad episodes? Yes. Every season has its fair share of clunkers. Can they still create hysterically funny episodes? Oh God, yes. As for when it will be cancelled, my gut tells me that we’re closer to the end than we are the beginning.

19. Sear

To have a cameo as a guest in The Simpsons nowadays is seriously uncool.

20. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Well...GenX is already irrelevant already so what the hell just kill it

Sear likes this.
  21. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Maybe you could ask yourself why you're so hung up on this still being around. It looks like it's triggered something else in you.

drpep, Grand_Ennui and planetexpress like this.
  22. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

Hopefully soon as it's a mere shell of itself and has been for years

fr in sc likes this.
  23. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I think as long as the core cast wants to keep going there will be people wanting to put the episodes together. After all the cast took a pay cut a while back to keep it going.
    I'd like to write for the show myself before they go off the air but I don't think I'll get on their radar in a way that it'll ever happen. Maybe it's not up to the standards that the show was back when... well that's debatable but I still find the show entertaining myself. I've certainly fallen behind in terms of watching the latest episodes but I think I'll try and get into the next season when it starts up.

24. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

It will end when Bart dies of old age.

25. I have read your O/P and replies...and it is clear you do not like the show any longer.
    I believe this is when YOU move on to something more entertaining to you, while not trying to drag anyone with you as a display of how correct you are.

The Simpsons was, and still is, a popular show. Understand this and learn to live with it.

The Simpsons began without your knowledge or approval, has run a very long time without your input, and will cease to be a show when they are ready to stop...again, without your permission.

Watch the show if you like, and skip over it if you desire, because that is what works for you...Own your choice about The Simpsons...It is okay for you to think this way.

GoodKitty, Andrew J, drpep and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.