Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

2. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Totally agree - not sure I need the scrapbook though! I guess they're running out of ways of re-selling this album to us.

Frightwig likes this.
  3. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

4. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Frightwig likes this.
  5. croquetlawns

I’m getting the CD version shipped from Import CDs, but the vinyl may be too heavy.

Jimmy Agates and Frightwig like this.
  6. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

It's a good price compared with JB ($320). Import CDs very cheap but as you say - they won't ship because it's 'too heavy' - perhaps they're talking about the music :)

7. croquetlawns

I'm in a bit of a quandary now - I've had a pre-order for the CD box since July 10, and there's been no mention of it being too heavy to ship. Now I don't know if I should cancel it and pre-order with Amazon in case Import CDs tells me on release date that they're cancelling my order as it's too heavy!

BTW, Import CDs also won't ship the Bowie Conversation Piece set due to the weight.

8. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

I feel for JB as they only source their stock from Australian wholesalers who set the price where as Amazon have global reach so can offer much better deals from overseas. I say I feel for JB as I would prefer to buy from them than Amazon as they have a retail presents here in Aus and are far more easy to communicate with.

Frightwig and croquetlawns like this.
  9. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

How quickly have people been seeing stuff ship from Amazon UK recently?

I ordered something last Friday and there's been zero updates. I even chose the top shipping option, $17 on top of Prime.

I assume COVID is still wreaking havoc over there?

10. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

I recently bought the Love From Planet Gong box set from Amazon UK. It took around 10 days to actually pick my order and debit my card but once it was on it's way it took around 3 days to get to me.

Frightwig, jɑmbo and croquetlawns like this.
  11. Big Swifty

Frightwig likes this.
  12. wellhamsrus

wellhamsrus Surrender to the sound

I ordered a Pink Floyd box a few weeks ago from Amazon UK and it arrived relatively quickly, standard postage. (Poorly packed, but no damage.) Airmail will remain problematic until planes start flying again, but postal services seem to be getting rid of their backlogs slowly. Things I ordered from smaller sellers from Europe (including the UK) just before the slowdown have been taking two or three months to arrive, but they have been arriving.

jɑmbo and croquetlawns like this.
  13. Big Swifty

14. Big Swifty

15. Big Swifty

16. Big Swifty

17. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

Ok, so hopefully I'll see an update this week. Such a contrast to Amazon US, where I got something in 4 days (including shipping over a weekend).

Frightwig likes this.
  18. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

I think if they accepted your order, stick with it. As you'd know Amazon's preorders are usually unavailable on release date.

Jimmy Agates, ispace and croquetlawns like this.
  19. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Big Swifty likes this.
  20. croquetlawns

Yep, I was factoring in the (sometimes) two month wait on Amazon pre-orders! :D

But yep, I'll stick with it and hope for the best. :righton:

Frightwig likes this.
  21. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Same here - I had a parcel sent tracked with Royal Mail - took about 3 or 4 days to leave UK but after that it was quick - took 12 days all up

OTH I have one in the US coming and it been in Chicago for 10 days :(

22. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Because they're using DHL - they have their own planes - must be costing Amazon a fortune!!

23. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

I was really surprised with my Beethoven box set from Amazon US.

Ordered on a Thursday and sent the same day via UPS Express. I had it in my hands at 10am on Monday morning.

I ended up getting the shipping refunded as well, because there was a decent dent on one corner.

croquetlawns likes this.
  24. candyflip69

candyflip69 What's good?!

Take us through your process for that?
    Did you have to return the item?
    I just got a 4LP set delivered from Amazon UK and it was shoved in a local Post Office employees front motorbike basket (squashed to fit in) - DHL all the way, then local PO in Melbourne because of Lockdown 2.0
    I cannot retun it as the postage will not be covered, so did you pseak to someone to at least get a few $$'s knocked off the purchase price?

25. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

I didn't have to return it luckily.

I went to Amazon Contact Us and then selected my order and then these options:

[​IMG]

From there, I scrolled all the way down and clicked on the email button.

[​IMG]

I explained that the box had been damaged, but the CDs seemed fine.

Amazon Customer Support replied later that day saying that they would refund the shipping costs (I chose the fastest option which was $17 extra) and also gave me a free extra month of Prime membership.