USPS issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by larry333, Jun 30, 2020.

1. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Media mail shipments have been very slow for me. If it goes through DC forget it, just expect a several day delay.

rob68 likes this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

At this point anyone who doesn't know Media Mail is a black hole is living under a rock.

3. Francophile50

Francophile50 The man with the satisfied ear.

IDK new buyer or people who purchase things rarely.

4. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

My package managed to get from Guangzhou, China to Narita, Japan, to Anchorage, Alaska, to Memphis, Tennessee in two days. Now it's gonna take two more days to travel the 120 miles from Memphis to here.

Dave likes this.
  5. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Have a good Media Mail story ... 3 days from NC to Portland OR. And delivered on a holiday!

6. JayDog

JayDog Well-Known Member

I haven't seen USPS delays that bad yet anyway, mainly just a day late. I did however get my first lost package in many years of quite a few packages being delivered. Guessing they delivered it to someone else as had it going to my office where someone is available all day to receive so not like a porch theft. Have a claim open see if they find it this week.

7. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Edit: I saw our carrier later today and thanked him for making his parcel round.

black sheriff and c-eling like this.
  8. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I suspect somebody decided to refresh this thread...because the ones already running were being "spoiled" by enough people who knew what was really going on, they couldn't just get the story out there, that "the post office needs to be 'dealt with'".

Face it, there is nothing new you could put in this thread, that couldn't be discussed in the other three. You just don't want it discussed where we've been actually answering your questions, dealing in detail with the issues, and calling people out who are trying to turn the issue into a highly-polarizing and confusing talking-point-regurgitator.

Please, for the love of your fellow citizens...let this thread die, and stop churning out fresh ones. We're onto you.

riverrat likes this.
  9. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch the Face of God -

I think I'm gonna be needing your "shazaam in my doorstep after I paid" technique on my situation. Its been 3 months now and I just found out I haven't got my ultavox cassette tape from UK. I might cry especially knowing for it took a caravan ride to mexico....:biglaugh:

c-eling likes this.
  10. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

:laugh:
    Noticed domestic shipping finally has got back to normal around here. Still going on over a month for a UK I'm still waiting for.

11. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

I'm good friends with a couple of my local one's. Feel bad for these guys and gals, they're always the first 'ear' to complaints when 90% of the issues are out of their control.

Alan G likes this.
  12. Classic Car Guy

Aaaah. I'm not trying to make an exemption. Every person I see on the internet when they order something, the want the seller to be a magician.. Kaboom.. they want their stuff at the door in a split second. kids-Kids-KIDS......:biglaugh:

13. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

The USPS is a disaster.

Motorcity supernaut likes this.
  14. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

You paid good coin for that too. We're all bitchin' about media mail. :laugh:

15. Classic Car Guy

Shazaaaam!

16. joefont

joefont Senior Member

Well that's it then.....I'm not shipping anything to Niles!

17. Classic Car Guy

Just like what the other guy said, They want everything cheap, including a star trek free shipping, and blame someone else after crying.... Huuaaaaah..:help:

18. Francophile50

Classic Car Guy likes this.
  19. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Disagree.

SJP likes this.
  20. Classic Car Guy

21. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Wouldn't be surprised if it was stuck behind a desk or in a drawer for some accidental reason. Who knows, maybe jostled-loose and got noticed when one of them moved one of those ultra-efficient sorting machines the Postbastard Generalissimo has been trying to get rid of.

Only question I have is, I wonder what they're gonna do with it, if the current recipient has to stick it back in his mailbox, marked, "not at this address". :D

22. Francophile50

Yes. So when you start complaining on how long it's taking to get your mail just pray it gets to you in your lifetime.

23. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Frasier can pass it on to Niles.

24. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

More Media Mail success stories:

Portland OR to Lancaster PA. 3 days.
    Portland OR to Aztec NM. 3 days.

Both these were dropped at my local PO on Saturday around noon, and both were delivered today.

25. rjh_54

rjh_54 Well-Known Member

Tracking for an item I sold on Discogs shows as delivery attempted and claimed they would try the next business day, which was two weeks ago. The buyer called the post office and they told him the package was lost, so I'm confused as to why they would claim that they attempted delivery. Filed a claim on the USPS website and didn't hear from them for days. The other night they e-mailed me requesting feedback. Left them all negative feedback because the issue hasn't been resolved and I was never contacted by them regarding the issue. I'm wondering if I should file another claim. Very strange..