THE BEATLES -"GET BACK" film directed by Peter Jackson on Disney+

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sfligio, Jan 30, 2019.

1. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

I'm a SH Forum "Forum Resident". No doubt that skill set is high on the list.

Leviethan likes this.
  2. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

They’ll give you a free house and the key to Wellington.

PauliesGirl likes this.
  3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Can I at least get a TRAILER?!?!??

4. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

[​IMG]

gogators1, Simon A, jmxw and 2 others like this.
  5. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Ooh Tiny Houses are very on trend!

6. anthony_beat

anthony_beat Forum Resident

The film was supposed to premiere today...

And we still haven't even seen the teaser.

7. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

She took me half the way there. ;)

Mr Bass, Curiosity, gogators1 and 6 others like this.
  8. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Depends on the trophy points

9. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

The book is now officially set for August 31, 2021.

10. Floater

Floater Forum Resident

11. TimeWarper

TimeWarper A Well Respected Man

Is that seriously the book cover. I sure hope that’s some sort of prototype, something about the silver text and overly extended picture seems off to me. Also the inclusion of ‘by The Beatles’ which I believe was also in the Anthology book (same font and everything). I sure hope Ringo hasn’t written too much because every sentence would end with ‘peace and love’ followed by seven emojis.

bluesbro and alexpop like this.
  12. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

ANNOUNCING THE BEATLES: GET BACK

The Beatles’ First Official Book Since the Bestselling The Beatles Anthology London / New York – September 16, 2020 - Callaway Arts & Entertainment and Apple Corps Ltd. are pleased to announce plans for the global publication on August 31, 2021 of THE BEATLES: GET BACK, the first official standalone book to be released by The Beatles since international bestseller The Beatles Anthology. Beautifully designed and produced, the 240-page hardcover tells the story of The Beatles’ creation of their 1970 album, Let It Be, in their own words. Presenting transcribed conversations drawn from over 120 recorded hours of the band’s studio sessions with hundreds of previously unpublished images, including photos by Ethan A. Russell and Linda McCartney

THE BEATLES: GET BACK also includes a foreword written by Peter Jackson and an introduction by Hanif Kureishi. The book’s texts are edited by John Harris from original conversations between John, Paul, George and Ringo spanning three weeks of recording, culminating in The Beatles’ historic final rooftop concert. THE BEATLES: GET BACK will be a special and essential companion to director Peter Jackson’s “THE BEATLES: GET BACK” feature documentary film, set for theatrical release on August 27, 2021.

13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Most of the photos are miniaturised in comparison with the original.

14. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Cover ? Seen worse( McCartney extreme left).But the original looked way more classy.

15. anthony_beat

anthony_beat Forum Resident

It's amazing! Fantastic book! :yikes::pineapple:

I pre-ordered back in February)))

16. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

"Get Back!" to 2025, Lulz.

17. damien

damien Forum Resident

So it has an 'Act One, Two and Three' structure. I wonder if that has owt to do with the way the film will be presented.
    Interesting also to see Hanf Kureshi is doing a bit of an essay for it, he's a great writer, top bloke all round.

Also.. i'm guessing this will just to some degree rehash* the original let It Be book.

*no pun intended!

18. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

Not to mention the DRAMATIS PERSONAE, which is soooo theatrical o_O

19. damien

damien Forum Resident

haha yeah, excellent, i hadn't spotted that.

20. Graham

Graham Senior Member

August 31, 2021 with preorder 11.5 months beforehand. :shake:

Floater and musicfan37 like this.
  21. maclen

maclen Senior Member

It looks like it might be set up very similar to the original book with the printed dialogue between the band.

22. TimeWarper

TimeWarper A Well Respected Man

Has anyone checked if the Get Back used is a new remix or they just used the regular mix/previous remix. To me it sounds like a new remix but I'm probably wrong.

Floater likes this.
  23. Quantum Reason

Quantum Reason Forum Resident

Look on the bright side...of The Beatles. Honestly, I was expecting like a $150 book. Nice that it is affordable. And, there's almost a whole year to save up for it. Nice! Really looking forward to the movie. Maybe by then it will be safe to head back to the theaters. Otherwise, guess I could pay an arm and leg so Disney can rake me over the coals with a digital streaming charge that rivals the blu-ray price. But, hey, it's the Beatles and yes, I am willing to shell out for a bare bones blu-ray release. But, perhaps I can pony up for the Giles Martin remix with some outtakes and opt in for the super duper extra special box set for like $1000. Well, just half joking here. But, yeah, going to start saving for the events to come next year. That is, if there is a next year; unless it's getting cancelled. :)

Floater likes this.
  24. Quantum Reason

Quantum Reason Forum Resident

I would bet it is probably going to be a remix. The original LP sounded very muddy without much top end. But, the Get Back song playing over the book trailer had more of the high end and clarity as found on Let It Be...Naked. So, who knows what we are going to get but probably not the muddied mixes that were originally released.

Floater likes this.
  25. Goobilee

Goobilee Forum Resident

Sounds close to the ‘Naked’ version, but Paul’s voice seems a bit lower and George’s guitar on the right is louder.

Floater likes this.