Who else misses That Metal Show?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vinyldad62, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinyldad62

vinyldad62 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Wish they would bring that one back...

2. Rawkdude

Rawkdude Forum Resident

Miss the guests, the co hosts and the overall format and props for Trunk making it all happen but Eddie Trunk is a bit of an opinionated tool

3. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Didn't know it went off the air

4. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

I wouldn't say I miss it but I did enjoy it. Eddie Trunk is toolish and his co-hosts were foolish but that was part of the fun.

PacificOceanBlue likes this.
  5. MassHysteria

MassHysteria Music Lover

I concur with Rawkdude, Eddie is a tool. Did like the show but it gets old with Eddie acting like he's best friends with all the rock stars and that his opinion is the only one that will ever count.

BGLeduc likes this.
  6. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I miss it and keeping current on metal

vinyldad62 likes this.
  7. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I miss some of the debates they would have and the segment when their guest would go through their catalog and rate their albums.

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I don't find Eddie Trunk to be a tool. And I say this as someone who both disagrees with his musical assessments far more than I agree with them, and as someone who is far less enamored of hard rock than Eddie. Sure, he's opinionated. But at least he has opinions, and I find how deeply he cares about all this stuff endearing.

He's a fanboy who found his niche, both working in the industry and then later on radio/air. He knows more about his narrow lane of hard rock music than most people with shows. And I find him reasonably entertaining.

9. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

I watched it up until the end of 2011. The Jani Lane episode was a shocker to say the least! It was a fun show and his co hosts were kind of funny. Interesting guests he had on his show. I was sad to hear when Miss "Box Of Junk" Kerri Lee Tucker passed away. I was more into metal in my youth but this show brought back some good memories. I thought it was a good show. My Mom even liked it.

10. redfloatboat

redfloatboat Forum Resident

I've only watched it a few times, many years ago, it never gets shown anymore. I like Eddie coz he's a UFO fan! Didn't know he was a bit of a tool.
    What's his radio show like?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

Never heard of it, was this TV, radio, internet?

12. vinyldad62

vinyldad62 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hep Alien and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I miss it !

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Totally miss it, wish they would bring it back. I don't understand all the disdain for Eddie Trunk around here.

15. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

Not Eddie because he only pretty much likes older bands or new bands comprised of older people but the other 2 hosts voiced their displeasure for not really being allowed to promote newer metal bands

16. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

More like they were best friends with him. The guy is an egotistical jackass. UFO is the best band ever? You've got to be kidding me.

BGLeduc and MassHysteria like this.
  17. MassHysteria

MassHysteria Music Lover

Yup, exactly what I meant. Lol! His UFO obsession is a prime example of his opinion being the only one that supposedly matters.

slovell likes this.
  18. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

You know what they say about opinions? They're like a$#h*&es, everyone has one and they all smell. :D

MassHysteria likes this.
  19. JakeKlas

JakeKlas Impatiently waiting for an 8-track revival

Given the state of the world at the moment, a return of a TV show where three guys can be silly/stupid/funny talking about hard rock and metal, and then bring in some cool guests, would be most appreciated.

20. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

I agree. :)

21. MassHysteria

MassHysteria Music Lover

Always thought Don and Jim made up for Eddie's douchiness. Without them the show would have seemed a bit flat imo.

brankin172 likes this.
  22. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Miss the show. Bunch of NJ boys who still listen to records in their cellars. Guests were great, Mark Farner giving us the lowdown on what happened with GFR, Jake E Lee interview was touching, BOC's Buck Dharma was also a great interview. Wished I never deleted the ones I had years back on my DVR.

Hep Alien and Matthew Tate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.