Let It Be 50th Anniversary (pt. 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GlassPepper, May 11, 2020.

1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Forum Resident

2. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

3. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

4. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Same here. I pre-ordered for $49.99 in June, when the listing had minimal detail, and it now shows the colorful Twickenham image. (BTW - fwiw - not a big fan of that lighting / color scheme.)

5. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

I also pre-ordered this back on March 5
    $37.40 before Tax.

6. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

7. anthony_beat

anthony_beat Forum Resident

My order
    Book - £33.96
    Postage & Packing in Russia - £8.48

pseudopod likes this.
  8. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

Well, we all have ordered it. Shall we go on? :)

9. Max Wilbury

Max Wilbury Berlin Beetle

Luckily pre-ordered on January the 6th for 30 euros on Amazon DE. Link is the same as it matches my January order.

Now did any crazy fools, like me, watch the video in slow motion ? I even did some screenshots. :D
    Among other thing, some nice excerpts of a dialogue between George Martin and Glyn Jones about two songs Martin calls The Long Long Road and Mother Mary. Also some allusions to George's... exit (as Mal Evans put it).

I wonder if the movie will be built the same way with those three successive acts (Twickenham, Apple Studios, Apple Rooftop).

10. Cristiano Cortellazzi

So, there will be if I’m correct:

- a LET IT BE box set (with the LIB movie as a bonus)
    - other LET IT BE audio configurations

- a GET BACK movie (on big screen and homevideo)
    - a GET BACK book
    - a GET BACK possible soundtrack

:tiphat:

Lewisboogie likes this.
  11. Beatles Fan 4 Life

Beatles Fan 4 Life Forum Resident

I received my email saying Spizer’s book is shipping today. Something to look forward to in 2020 instead of having to wait until 2021. :wiggle:

12. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Unless I'm misremembering, I thought it was implied by our insiders that the LiB movie would not be part of any box set. Of course it makes sense to include it, but if Apple does indeed stick to their guns of releasing it after the Jackson doc, and we can assume any LiB box set would all be released to coincide with said doc, then it would probably be released after all that.
    Again, probably misread. But if they aren't going to release it early or as a standalone then it should totally be included in the box.

saborlord123 likes this.
  13. A Local Bloke

A Local Bloke Forum President

So a music box set will definitely be happening this year?

Beatlemen likes this.
  14. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Probably not, but at this point who knows.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

The ONLY music box for the Beatles in 2020 will be:

;)

16. Cristiano Cortellazzi

I don’t remember Our Men at The Havana saying the movie will be released on its own, but I could be wrong.

It could well be of course: damn, after all it’s one of the five original Beatles movies.

But again: how many LIB/GB configurations will they release? The more the better from my point of view, but generally speaking I’m afraid all this flood would kill sales, especially if they issue all this stuff simultaneously.

Are the LIB/GB plans that big? Just wondering.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Lewisboogie likes this.
  17. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Yeah, I might have misread something, but the press release originally stated the original would be rereleased after the Jackson film, so it's that type of fine print that makes me go "waittaminute" because I can't see them not releasing an audio set (whether it includes the original movie or not) simultaneously with the Jackson film, to ride all the attention and hype from that, so if it does wind up being the case and they wind up contradicting themselves, I don't think anyone would mind!
    As far as how many configurations... that is the exciting/frightening prospect about the whole project isn't it? But I think it would be a safe bet to expect the deluxe box set for Let it Be (hopefully with original movie, which can also be sold separately , with it's own book that details the tracks. If they are afraid of flooding the market with product I can easily see a 2 disc highlights of outtakes from the box set issued in lieu of a "soundtrack" album, with the new book being the major tie in product for the film. They showed a little restraint imo by not issuing the Esher demos on their own, so they may do something similar here.
    So many possibilities....to think we would have all this already if it wasn't for this pandemic. Wear your masks and stay safe everyone!

Lewisboogie and Changingman like this.
  18. sbeaupre

sbeaupre Everything must go

I’d be greatly surprised if the original movie ever surfaces. I suspect what we’ll see is a coordinated release of the new movie and an audio-only box of some sort. (And it’s also possible “box” is overstating things.) I still can’t understand the rationale behind delaying the movie and audio box a year, particularly if it’s over a lack of theatrical release. Release the new movie on Netflix (or equivalent), get the box in the hands of fans, and move on.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  19. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

It was previously mentioned* that the film isn’t fully done as Peter Jackson wasn’t able to get into his studios starting around late Feb or so. You could still argue that this should’ve delayed the film by a few months and not a full year. But given the uncertainties of the pandemic, who can blame them for taking a very conservative view.....

*specific post and source somewhere in this thread or one of the other LIB50 ones.

20. Cristiano Cortellazzi

It’s been repeated a thousand times that the old movie HAS BEEN RESTORED and is ready to go. Check the original Jan 2019 Apple statement itself.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  21. Cristiano Cortellazzi

It certainly is :nauga:

22. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Any many of us pre-ordered back then.

23. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

With Billy Preston

24. albabe

albabe Forum Resident

I have an old friend who worked as a Producer with Paul on "Driving Rain" around 2000-2001... and it was around this time that I asked him about the Film "Get Back." He told me back then that the Film had been Restored. He said "they" went back and fixed the Nagra Audio so that the songs weren't in different keys because the Nagra was sometimes Battery Operated.

I guess some of the songs were actually in Different Keys and not at Concert Pitch because the Beatles hadn't tuned to a piano for some songs. In theory, they left those alone... but they fixed the ones that sped-up because the Recorder Slowed-Down during Recording. That was about 20 years ago (today)... so things may have changed considerably. Maybe it's be "Restored" a few times.

25. Cristiano Cortellazzi

It has been restored and remastered several times through the years, in the 80’s, in ‘92, for the Anthology project and in the early 2000’s for the failed Naked DVD release. No doubt.

This time is different: Apple has spent a lot of money and put a lot of work in to the project so keeping saying it won’t come out is rather silly (no offense).