Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. wownflutter

wownflutter Nocturnal Member

Do it!!
    :D

AlmanacZinger likes this.
  2. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

I have not posted since I upgraded, so for the sake of "Updatedness" Here is my upgraded system. What is new: The Rega Planar 8 with the Apheta III moving coil cartridge. I upgraded the dust cover to fully protect that very vulnerable cartridge and stylus. At the bottom of the rack, I sold my Parasound A-21 and purchased the newer slightly more robust model A-21+ power amplifier, small upgrade, but trying to keep up to date and improve my analog presentation.

[​IMG]

1. Rega Planar 8 with custom dust cover and Apheta III moving coil cartridge

2. Parasound JC-2 BP Pre-Amplifier

3. Marantz SA-10 CD/SACD/DAC

4. Parasound JC-3 Jr. Phono Stage

5. Rega speed control module

6. Sony 4K Blu-Ray Player

7. Parasound A-21 + Power Amplifier

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JUCO, Kyhl, Tim 2 and 42 others like this.
  3. Litejazz53

Just a fantastic baby proof listening room, love the green curtains and that nice green throw rug. Beautiful room, floors and that CD shelf is top notch, such a neat and clean listening area, YES! :righton:

4. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

5. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Nice! No love for the speakers? Not on list:)

6. Litejazz53

I have shown such love for these now discontinued Polk LSiM series loudspeakers. Between me and SandandGlass, we have both been town criers about these loudspeakers. So many people join the forum and ask, what is a great bookshelf or floorstander and both SandandGlass and I immediately jump on and push the Polk LSiM Flagship speakers. Now, being a discontinued model, people are giving these speakers away and they are so darn nice, beautifully finished in two colors, a super cool magnetic grill on all the various models, the 703's 705's and 707"s. A three way design bookshelf speaker which is just fantastic and all of this series can be found for about 50% off list price, as they are discontinued, however they were Polks flagship loudspeaker for many years, so I scooped up a pair of 707's and the large bookshelf 703's, so, I know SandandGlass will follow me on this post, but hey, if you are searching for a speaker that cuts the mustard, these Polk LSiM series speakers are the ticket.

Because I love a brilliant, detailed high end, in other words, things can't get too bright for me, I added the really cool and very adjustable Aperion Planar and Ribbon Super Tweeters, a killer add on, and they can be adjusted for almost any loudspeaker. That is NOT to say the Polks are deficient, they are absolutely NOT, but, again, for me, there can't be enough brilliance and detail on the high end of things, I just love UM!

Here are a few quick pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

barfko, Funky54, ayrehead and 13 others like this.
  7. Litejazz53

That is just the ultimate cool pic and I thought I was good with pictures, makes me want to have a little libation and a few puffs of my smooth blend!

Funky54 likes this.
  8. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Nice!

Litejazz53 likes this.
  9. fcdvpds

fcdvpds Forum Resident

Thanks for your reply Rolltide. Not much people using the Luxman MQ-88uC so it's not that easy to get feedback from other users.

Indeed pairing the amplifier with the matching CL-38uC preamp is the logical option but maybe the dealer likes Soulution amplifiers very much. To be fair I shouldn't say he recommended since I was not interested in purchasing a pre-amplifier when I bought the MQ-88uC from him. Still, he used the Soulution 325 to demo the MQ-88uC and praised the combination very proudly.

10. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

That looks like an old Premier rack. Everything in my system sounded better when I changed that out.

11. Art K

Sweet!

Xulio likes this.
  12. Litejazz53

That sounds like a plan, when you got rid of your Premier audio rack, what did you replace it with, and how did you find the Premier rack was reducing the fidelity of all your components?

Art K likes this.
  13. user119861

user119861 Forum Resident

My modest system in my very little room, but I'm really happy with it! :righton:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JUCO, barfko, BluTorch and 56 others like this.
  14. Art K

I had the Premier rack for a lot of years. It’s a little ringy and muddy. It was the best I ever had when I bought it. Once I recognized that it rang a bit I treated it with sound damping material. That helped the ringing but also deadened the sound a bit much.

One of the best demo’s I’ve ever had was when a friend, who was a dealer at the time, brought a rack to my home. Together we removed my gear from the Premier rack and placed it on a Box Furniture Co rack...without disconnecting anything. The difference was immediately noticeable. The soundstage opened up, imaging was more precise, tone was richer and the sound was just more alive. I see why John Devore and Jonathan Halpern really love Box racks. Eventually I got one at a discount because it had been custom made for a customer who cancelled the order. Mine is only 3 shelf so it holds my most important pieces. I can’t see ever parting with it unless I win the lotto and can get a bigger one.

Slippers-on likes this.
  15. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

16. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

Very wise use of space. Great job!

Manimal likes this.
  17. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

You have this guy to help put cds in the player? ;):D

[​IMG]

timind and Hofy like this.
  18. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

At the risk of being obtuse or missing the obvious, how do you reach the CDs, controls, etc?

19. user119861

Thanks to everybody! :cheers:

I'm not surprised that someone asked about the height of the CD tray, volume knob etcetera.
    The CD tray is at about 195 cm, or 6'5 feet.
    Me and my wife are both taller than 6 foot, so no problem really. :righton:

timind likes this.
  20. user119861

Yes, it definitely is.
    I was very lucky when I bought it, in 1992. I was not so expert in hifi, but I wanted to upgrade my Nad 3020e, and the dealer advised me about how good the Naim was. He was totally right.
    About three years ago, I took the Nait to Sheffield UK while we were on a holiday trip in England, to have a recap done. Good choice, it came back as good as new.
    Also, I think the Nait matches very, very well with the Focal 906's, they are very precise and detailed. I can listen to them for hours without any fatigue at all.
    Despite having little space, the soundstage is quite wide and deep.

21. Ingenious use of space Tom...

...I'd love to do something similar with my small listening room.

But sadly my wife loves her Victorian fireplace and mirror too much:-

[​IMG]

22. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

Lovely looking listening area there.:edthumbs:

Theadmans likes this.
  23. Thanks - believe it or not I still have a 2001 Panasonic CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) TV...

I am not so much into TV - but the wife likes to watch "Countryfile".

If I could get rid of that bloody TV - I could have my AVI Neutron IV speakers on proper stands...

...but I doubt this will ever happen!

BTW the weird looking little black lollipop like attachment on the TV is a microphone...

...a market research firm pay me in Amazon vouchers to watch TV.

I just switch the set on and leave the room...

...the vouchers come in handy for music purchases (so the TV isn't all bad).

Mad Dog, timind and Andy Saunders like this.
  24. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

Main speaker in above mentioned setup is Paradigm Persona B. Beryllium tweeter and Beryllium woofer.

[​IMG]

barfko, Turntable, 33na3rd and 21 others like this.
  25. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

paradigm are lovely speakers. I have a 10” Paradigm sub from the 90s and it totally bumps.

Slippers-on, trd and pdxway like this.