Jazz Vinyl Reissues on Amazon DOT ca and other CAD retailers

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by mcrichley, Sep 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident Thread Starter

There are a small group of us looking for amazon.ca or other Canadian retailer options for jazz vinyl reissues in the Tone Poet, Verve Label Group threads.

Consider this thread to post pre-order links and keep your fellow Canadians in the loop on jazz vinyl reissue releases.

audiolab1, Stu02 and Smith like this.
  2. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

soundboi, Smith, nosliw and 1 other person like this.
  3. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

Toronto
    Soundscapes will order in any BN 80 and sell for $28 bucks.

polchik and mcrichley like this.
  4. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Amazon.ca doesn't have The Verve Series pre-orders for the Nina Simone titles up yet, (November 6)
    But the US site does, these are the numbers to check back later on the Canada site:

I Put A Spell on You : B08BR5TQ8Z
    Pastel Blues: B08BQLWKR2

5. Hogues

Hogues Forum Resident

Thanks!

DeRosa likes this.
  6. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

Following.

7. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Fractured likes this.
  8. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

9. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

They aren't links, they are the item number that Amazon.ca will use when they are listed. (they aren't listed yet)
    You can use the item number to search the .ca site, and when they are listed, you'll find them.

The best way to find out what the Tone Poet or Verve Series listings will be on the Canada site
    is by taking the item number from the USA site that have the listings up weeks before the Canada site.

10. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

Oh, ok thanks!

DeRosa likes this.
  11. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Is anyone else in Canada concerned about the pricing on Amazon.ca over the past few months? It's complete nonsense...80th Blue Notes for $35-40, Tone Poets over $50...the deals are slipping away and I'm not seeing the same on Amazon.com. I have about 200 titles in my save for later cart and track pricing regularly. Before July I was buying 5-10 titles a month at good prices. Now...maybe one a month. :(

DeRosa likes this.
  12. mcrichley

I think there must be some kind of new inventory / supply chain / retail POS issues with vinyl for Canadian distributors which is limiting the number of retailers with product and therefore the competitors pricing.

The only way to get good pricing on Amazon is to pre-order.

DeRosa likes this.
  13. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

mcrichley likes this.
  14. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

100% agree, they are clearly leveraging their power and shipping with higher vinyl prices.
    Some new releases that i've been watching they list at over $40 when when they are under $30 at my local retailers.
    I've switched to some discogs sellers (like Redcat Records) but they can't do pre-orders, and so i'm finding
    limited options for on-line. I'm avoiding Amazon as much as possible, on principle now.

I won't cut off my nose, but it's frustrating that because many people are not shopping in person right now,
    Amazon raises prices because they know they have a market advantage in Canada. I'm not seeing the
    same price hikes on the USA site. This is a problem for the independent shops, they don't have the resources
    to move on-line quickly enough to compete right now. The problem is access to the titles you want,
    i just can't find them from other sellers. I wish there were an "acoustic sounds" or similar
    speciality on-line vinyl seller in Canada.

15. mcrichley

I only bought on-line from Northern Volume for 2-3 years, it's too bad they had to shut down.

16. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Me too. I bought a lot of records from Matt. I used to live in Toronto, and when i moved, i kept
    buying from him because he was amazing,. After a while i'd give him my wish list,
    and tell him to ship when he had 4 or 5 ready to go. He'd open and check them before sending,
    he's the one that started me on flattening warps, he would do it for me if the copy he got
    wasn't perfect. It's too bad there wasn't enough profit for him to keep going.

What we always talked about was how there should be a market for serving regular customers
    who just want to pay a reasonable price, and get the records you're looking for. I started buying
    from him when i said look, you have great service and our taste overlaps, so why don't i just
    buy everything from you instead of running all over the internet. That's what I want, just someone
    who knows what they're doing and makes it easy.

The problem for him was that all the delays and the distributors not getting his orders, it made
    it extra time and work for him. I guess in the end it wasn't working, and his costs for shipping
    must have really taken most of the margin he got, and not enough left to make it worth it.

Fractured likes this.
  17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Wrong forum.

This is the forum for discussions about the buying process, about retailers, etc. NOT about links for upcoming releases.

18. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

You might want to try asking a small independent to order a select lp with in for you.
    soundscapes got me the larry young BN 80 for 28 bucks. Took 4 days.

DeRosa likes this.
  19. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

I dont see the harm of a more broad thread. Its all Canadian related stuff. And we are hardly likely to be over run here as there is only so much Canuk content out there

soundboi likes this.
  20. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

You guys should check out Diamond Groove out near Hamilton. He ( another Chad) is retiring but there is lots of stock and good sales on audiophile. Some MM too if I recall correctly
    It a warehouse mail order vinyl setup but you can drop by if in the area and get a discount and avoid shipping costs

21. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

I used to visit the HiFi shop location when that was going, but since have moved to B.C.
    i've been ordering online from Chad for a while, scooped up some great records recently,
    he had an Audio Fidelity Sade Diamond Life i got on my last order!

Stu02 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.