Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

"A very, very personal and intimate album by Paul McCartney, recorded exclusively in his bedroom..."

Hep Alien and mrjinks like this.
  2. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I think you're thinking of Memory Pretty Darn Full... :cool:

3. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

i suppose, but here’s the definition of a club sandwich:

Description
    A club sandwich, also called a clubhouse sandwich, is a sandwich of bread, sliced cooked poultry, ham or fried bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. It is often cut into quarters or halves and held together by cocktail sticks.

Hep Alien, omikron and jmxw like this.
  4. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

... on the Special Edition vinyl... :shh:

Monasmee likes this.
  5. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

ilIf that’s the case, will Paul be getting another cover story in Playgirl magazine?

Hep Alien likes this.
  6. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Your memory is obviously better than mine. ;)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  7. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Full Moon Covid Edition

Enclosed in a biohazard case, the set comes with:
    • a vial of the Russian vaccine with the Back In The USSR album artwork
    • a map of the moon suitable for framing
    • Linda prints of moon photos
    • A "Go Veggie" face mask
    • Special bonus track "Socially Distant", rewritten to the tune of "Cosmically Conscious"
    • A second special bonus track of Ozzy and Paul doing a duet remake of Ozzy's solo classic "Bark At The Moon"

8. postscripum

postscripum Forum Resident

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he was in a confident place at that time. Lovely song but I think I saw him with that 'band' of 'youthful' session people someone must have imposed on him, on various TV shows, four or five times and it never looked right. Paul was bobbing about like he was listening to a completely different song with a completely different tempo, and that 'drummer,' if he really was a drummer rather than the spotty twerp borrowed from McDonalds that he appears to be, with his stupid 'Look at me! Look at me!' weird drummer poses, he just made me want to slap him every time I saw him. I'd forgotten all about that but seeing this brought it all back. My apologies, but wow did I want to punch him!

Hep Alien likes this.
  9. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

If so, they could use the newly leaked picture of him in the bathtub with his McWeen peeking out. :D

10. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Oh God yes. Yes yes yes. I can't believe we fans are finally getting McCartney III, after years of wondering and joking about such an idea. Wow. Thank you for the information, Jinksy.

11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I see absolutely no reason for Linda to be saluted in a McIII. The reason she was featured in many ways on McI and McII is because she was his wife. Nancy is his wife now, and has been for many years. Paul is happy with her (he even told us so on his last album :p). So, no reason for Linda to be used or mentioned in the slightest. That would be some weird kind of fan service as a desperate way to try and connect these albums.

mrjinks, Sean, jmxw and 1 other person like this.
  12. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

omikron likes this.
  13. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

She’s the mother of most of his children, and was a huge part of his solo music career. Whatever reference he could choose to have would presumably have merit

AlienGirlWorx likes this.
  14. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Doesn’t matter. This is confirmed news. It will be a little while before we get official word but McCartney III is a go. :)

15. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Yes, but to do it simply because she had a hand in Mc1 and 2 to continue some kind of trend seems odd... to me.

16. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

The Scottish WEEN 'cover band'!

Boognish and edenofflowers like this.
  17. Beattles

Beattles Senior Member

I saw this quote but could not find a discussion.

"The 50th anniversary Record Store Day limited edition of McCartney was pressed from a master cut by Miles Showell at half speed using the original 1970 master tapes at Abbey Road Studios. It was made as a vinyl specific transfer in high resolution and without digital peak limiting for the best possible reproduction."

Reading it Mastered from "the original 1970 Master Tapes" makes me think Analog. But the "vinyl specific transfer without digital peak limiting" makes me question if the Master(digital) was made from the original Analog Master Tape and the LP cut from the digital master as the other half speed Abbey Road LPs were.

Martin de Dios likes this.
  18. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Well, it is pretty darn full ... of McCartney music trivia... :help:

mrjinks likes this.
  19. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

A second special bonus track of Ozzy and Paul doing a duet remake of Ozzy's solo classic "Bark At The Moon" with exclusive etched artwork on the other side...

Numbered and signed by Paul McCartney's ex-wife's third cousin

All for the low, low collectible price of $750 [or three interest-free payments of $250 each]!!

omikron likes this.
  20. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

He came in through the bathtub window. ;)

omikron and jmxw like this.
  21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

22. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

Confirmed by who?

23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

The last time we got a studio album produced by Paul was McCartney II, right? If that's true, this album should be very interesting. I have wondered if we would ever get another produced by him.

I'm eager to hear what music he makes when it's him and him alone. And if the prior two McCartney albums are anything to go by, we'll get some instrumentals, which I love. :) This man is pure melody.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  24. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Multiple trustworthy sources.

25. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

The recent pic floating around I believe had something to do with Rick Rubin, not sure of it’s context, but a Rubin produced Macca record would definitely be interesting