Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I have been weaning myself off the meds. Too many side effects.

But I did have some tequila shots for breakfast.

;)

theMess, Martin de Dios, Sean and 4 others like this.
  2. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

3. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

4. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

fingers crossed!

Haristar likes this.
  5. AlienGirlWorx

AlienGirlWorx Forum Resident

The "Home Recordings" off the new Flaming Pie release felt as close to a McCartney III as I've ever heard, I love them so much. Probably listened to that disc more than the actual album.

"Oh no, Snu Snu Snu Snu..."

Hep Alien, Sean and omikron like this.
  6. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

Hep Alien, theMess, Sean and 4 others like this.
  7. Beattles

Beattles Senior Member

That is what I thought but this wording sounded different from earlier Abbey Road half speed masterings. They specifically said "pressed from a master CUT (to me that means acetate not digital file) from the original 1970 Master Tapes" I know you guys already discussed this but I didn't see it.

Thanks

8. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Снова в СССР.

Hep Alien, Zeroninety, Sean and 3 others like this.
  9. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

and what about his 2000 released project
    "Liverpool Sound Collage" ?

10. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

Leftover does not equal "the same as." Neither album sounded remotely like their predecessor, or though they were indeed weaker (slightly in the case of OTG, severely for POP).

11. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

Still an utterly horrifying thought.

12. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Question -- did this thread disappear for a few days?

13. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

I tend to stay clear of things that horrify me.
    Considering that we will be talking an awful lot about McCartney III here, I would avoid this thread; particularly if I were spooked by the very notion.
    But that's just me, I'm a scaredy cat.

14. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged Thread Starter

Don’t think so. I’ve been checking it quite frequently in case someone with more direct knowledge than me chimes in with additional info...

theMess, AlienGirlWorx, Sean and 3 others like this.
  15. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

That would be something...

Sean, supermd and longdist01 like this.
  16. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Well I guess we all see things differently. I won't down your take on it.
    Fan service it is not. She was a part of McCartney 1 & 2. She was the only one there that wasn't him. She did harmonies and took pics and was there while he was doing what he did and for him to go into that mode and have her not be there and for him to not think of her is absurd.
    McCartney 1 & 2 were very family oriented, pics by Linda, pics of Paul with the kids, Linda being on the records. For him to not think of that and connect it and her to the titles and circumstances of the recording while doing a third one would be crazy.
    So you think it was fan service for L.I.L.Y. to appear on "Run Devil Run"?
    You think that dedication deserved to be removed because Linda was not there?
    Paul has always seemed very family oriented to me. Going all the way back to his mother and father. Naming his son James as he is a James and his father before him. Keeping that tradition alive.
    Fan service to me would be dedicating wings over America archive to Linda because she has passed on.
    But not the L.I.L.Y. on "Run". ..she wanted him to do a RNR cover album and it was what he did after she died and it appeared. That wasn't fan service. It was a simple nod to the woman he was in love with.
    Like I said "McCartney" & "Mccartney 2" weren't just a solo artist having a Eponymous run, it mentioned Linda in harmonies with a heart and it had pics of him with his children.
    For him to not pay any attention her while recording in this manner is against how he has lived and presented himself.
    As I said before, if he doesn't mention Linda because he is married now I'll understand that but I also wouldn't be surprised to see something like "for Linda" or "to Linda" on it in the liner notes.
    Again though, that's just my take and I guess yours is different, that's ok.

17. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

:pineapple:

This development makes me very happy. I love reissues but new albums are where it’s it!

Thanks for the tips folks.

18. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I meant original material, but thanks for the info. :)

19. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Not at all. Linda had just died (first album he released after her death) and he even had recorded "Lonesome Town" for the album, one of her favorite songs.

20. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

...one of mine too as well.

theMess and supermd like this.
  21. supermd

supermd Senior Member

He even played that at Linda's concert after her death. It was a sweet tribute.

theMess and Wiserforthetime like this.
  22. Dr-Winston

Dr-Winston Forum Resident

Let me think, I have the original UK pressing, the original German pressing, the Ampex 7.5 ips reel tape, the DCC CD, the Archive Edition box set and the archive edition double LP.

I think I'm done.

23. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

@mrjinks have you seen any press releases or cover art from any of your sources?

24. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Why do I want a McCIII?:
    'Coz some good, silly, crazy, (for Paul, that is....)dumb, funny, funky noise would be the PERFECT antidote for these times.....for ME, anyway....

25. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

The Linda McCartney Retrospective, Wide Prairie, The Polaroid Diaries, The Beatles: Get Back, etc.

Hep Alien likes this.