Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Well I still haven't learned to like McCartney II yet.

Sean, foxylady, Choba b CCCP and 12 others like this.
  2. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

If there is any outside help on this album I would hope it's with the mixing.

Paul has 78 year old ears that have played thousands of gigs, there's no harm at all in having some younger ears help with mixing decisions!

3. Pianoman99

Pianoman99 Forum Resident

And in 2021 we will see the "Homeoffice edition", the "Social Distance edition" and at last the "Vaccination edition"...
    Each time with some new quarantine bonus tracks ;-)

whisper3978, JakeKlas, Eska68 and 8 others like this.
  4. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

"Vaccination Station" may be a bonus track from a previous album. ;)

5. We can hope for its deliverance. I really like the idea. A new McCartney album coming up. Fantastic.

6. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

THIS :love:

7. Songs written & sung by Paul.

8. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

I'm not surprised...leave that man alone in a studio and not busy with touring and live-performances and an album will appear sooner or later.

Sean, 5th-beatle, Carlox and 8 others like this.
  9. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

He meant, required elementes for a McCartney album titled "McCartney" :cool:

10. Bilbo Swaggins

Bilbo Swaggins Forum Resident

Or two albums the way things are going :rolleyes:

Yovra and tug_of_war like this.
  11. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

From GQ interview: At home with Paul McCartney: His most candid interview yet

So, how was lockdown for you, Paul?

I was very lucky, actually. At the beginning of the year we were on holiday and then the lockdown started just after we got back and so I flew to England and spent the time with my daughter, Mary, and her kids on the farm. So, suddenly, we were all locked down there. So it’s not been bad at all. In fact, I feel a bit guilty admitting that it’s not been bad, and a lot of people do. They don’t want to admit that, actually, you know, [they’re] enjoying it. I’m very lucky. The weather’s been brilliant and Mary and her kids are great, so I’m seeing a lot of my grandkids and [wife] Nancy, so it’s been all right. I feel dreadfully sorry for all those who are less fortunate and obviously all those who have lost loved ones, but I’ve been lucky. I’ve been able to write and get into music, starting songs, finishing songs. I’ve had a few little things to write and it’s given me the time to finish some songs that I hadn’t found the time to get around to, you know? I’ve been recording using lots of hand wipes and disinfectant and social distancing, which was good because I don’t like not working.

12. pobbard

pobbard Still buying CDs

I remember being bummed back in 1990 that we didn't get a McCartney III! I thought it would be like John Updike's Rabbit books: one every ten years for forty years, more or less.

5th-beatle, ajsmith, ptijerm and 7 others like this.
  13. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

If this does wind up being true and we also get a deluxe All Things Must Pass, it will totally make the Let It be delay much more bearable

OobuJoobu, supermd, theMess and 6 others like this.
  14. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Reminds me of a quote from Donovan about Paul - If he trips and falls by a piano, he’ll have written 3 songs by the time he gets up.

15. I know. And I gave a serious answer. I just want Paul songs done by Paul.

16. Fabsmith

Fabsmith Forum Resident

If McCartney III is coming out Dec. 11 that squares with his inability to let Harrison have a moment in the sun. So he’ll get all the media coverage and take the air out of rumored ATMP-50 box set. I hope Harrison camp pushes that box set into February if that’s the case.

tug_of_war likes this.
  17. Little Willow

Little Willow Forum Resident

That goes without saying but yeah, I should have added it.

18. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

You expect Eight O'Clock News coverage on the re-release of a 50 year old record?

agaraffa, Sean, ARK and 22 others like this.
  19. Sean

Sean Senior Member

This time Paul's Temporary Secretary will be working from home.

20. Little Willow

Little Willow Forum Resident

September: Egypt Station
    October: Imagine : The Ultimate Mix
    November: The Beatles Anniversary Edition
    December: Wings 1971-1973

October: Gimme Some Truth : The Ultimate Mixes
    November: All Things Must Pass Anniversary Edition
    December: McCartney III

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  21. Fabsmith

Fabsmith Forum Resident

The greatest solo album ever? I at least expected it would get the spotlight. But no, only Paul and John deserve that!

22. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Great post.

To mirror the first McCartney album, my preference would be a somewhat random still life photo by LINDA (lots of options from her recent Polaroids book or something similar in the archives) with no text or title whatsoever, and on the back cover, a new portrait of Paul by their daughter MARY (who appeared as a baby on the back of the original) with McCartney III written on the back. Legacy. Old and new. Paul, Linda and Mary all involved again. That would be perfect.

23. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Is it a requirement that half of it be mediocre at best or was that just a quirk of the first two?

As long as it contains a classic like Maybe I'm Amazed or as fun and catchy a tune as Coming Up - I can live with the crap and just make my own playlist.

24. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but where is this supposed December 11th date coming from.

25. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

We have the cover:

[​IMG]

"Old Guy" is the first single. And here is the chorus::

So you're a young guy
    Like a really strong guy
    Just can't go along guy
    Chin never too long guy
    I'm that bold type
    Need a cane to walk type
    Make your mama sad type