Pink Floyd Delicate Sound Of Thunder 2020 Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sis+erRay, Sep 24, 2020.

1. drsmuts

drsmuts Forum Resident

Not sure to get the bluray or the boxset...it's not my favorite PF era to be honest and was never that keen on the VHS which was really cheesily edited and the OTT percussionist and Scott Page on Sax got rather grating but happy to give the new edit a chance.

Paul_T and sparkmeister like this.
  2. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Ah, I was looking at the UK price converted to USD. It's still $38 shipped to Canada plus possible import dues. Going to wait for a local retailer to list it at a more reasonable price before taking the plunge

Keeping the bonus tracks exclusive to the big box is a really nasty move...

3. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

i
    hadn't checked the price. seems its 69$ + tax +shipping

I think Pulse was like 80$ right. that was 4LPs

Its definitely a bit on the high side for just 3LPs. we do get a nice box though. maybe a booklet?

I suppose i can manage.
    [​IMG]

Szeppelin75 and Michael Rose like this.
  4. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

I'm not rushing out to get it. I'll either pick it up from Best Buy or Amazon at some point.

5. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

scobb likes this.
  6. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

Vinyl box pre-ordered... - Now I'll need to sell my two other copies of DSOT...

LivingForever and Szeppelin75 like this.
  7. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

This is lazy last year they showed this same video in the build up too the release of the box set

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  8. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

Just pre ordered on amazon....as someone that couldn't afford the way overpriced Later Years set, i can't wait for this
    and hope they do individual releases for all the other dvd's and cd's in that set.

I still think the deluxe version of this new set is a bit much too, but i can afford $80-$90 instead of the crazy $450 or whatever
    for that box set.

Pancat likes this.
  9. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

So to be 100% clear. There are 5 extra songs on this new release that aren't on the LATER years??
    If so that is a disgrace for all the fans who bought the LAter years box.

Paul_T likes this.
  10. Merman

Merman Forum Resident

Thank God I didn´t buy the Later Years box set.

11. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

It seems there are 2 different threads with people having the same conversation in each one! So just to repeat what I said in the other thread:

For those who have The Later Years boxset, I don't believe you are missing anything.

Paul_T, kenbefound, mestreech and 2 others like this.
  12. Merman

Merman Forum Resident

Scott Page look is very annoying.

13. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

The official Pink Floyd website clearly says the bluray consists of "2 hours 02 mins/16 tracks". The same as the bluray in the Later Years big box.

The 5 extra tracks - Yet Another Movie, Round and Around, A New Machine (Part 1), Terminal Frost and A New Machine (Part 2) - might be included as bonus material, though.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  14. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

That is exactly my understanding. However, the bonus songs are only in the deluxe set. They are not on the standalone blu ray and dvd.

aphexj and Deek57 like this.
  15. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

That was the plan!

The standalone Blu Ray and DVD releases have 16 songs.

The DVD and Blu Rays in the multi format box set adds 5 bonus tracks in their correct running order, these are the same 5 that were included on a bonus disc in the Later Years box.

mestreech likes this.
  16. drsmuts

drsmuts Forum Resident

There was a few songs where he played guitar...didn't the crew keep making his lead shorter to keep him in the background more? :laugh:

St. Troy and Paul_T like this.
  17. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

The two guys sat on the bed was one of the exhibits in the Mortal Remains exhibition.

18. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

Until Roger's stuff is included on the PF website I think we can forget all about that :(

19. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

I mean, are the 5 bonus tracks all from AMLOR that essential?

Galaga King likes this.
  20. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Clearly, that has been decided for you already

21. Awesome

Awesome Forum Resident

22. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

Indeed. I wasn't aware of that. I don't think the bonus songs are placed in the main concert film though. The Pink Floyd website states that the 5 songs are "bonus content", which means that they are a separate feature.

Exactly.

aphexj and Bink like this.
  23. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

I'll get this, but am I the only one annoyed that they transferred in 4k but don't release a 4k bluray to go with the regular blu and DVD?

24. obi

obi Forum Resident

No that's not the case. "The Later Years" had everything in this new release.
    The only difference is that the extra tracks were located on a different disc that collected various videos and bonus content and with this new release those tracks are added as bonus tracks on the same disc as the main concert movie.

25. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

If they were already adding extra tracks in to the 2019 version, why didn't they just add them all in?

BeatleJWOL likes this.