Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Got That Lonesome Song , Jamey Johnson , cd, about $6.
    American Sharks , 11 11 , Lp,about $ 6.
    And Van Halen studio albums , cd, $21.
    $ 5 discount Total. 15% Off , AUTUMN , code.

2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Reminder that the Autumn 15% off discount code expires at noon central time, just over an hour away. I managed to pick up four LPs out the door for $38 & change including a pre-order for the new album by The Apartments (release date tomorrow). I had my eye on that one to buy a colored vinyl version from overseas but glad I held out for the locally sourced black vinyl that came out to around $15 with discount.

Also a great time to use the discount on some box sets. Chicago Quadio as noted above is a welcome sight for those who missed out the first time. The new Prince "Sign..." box comes out tomorrow and I received a shipping notice yesterday (pre-ordered that one long ago). Good times for another hour!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    hutlock, jamesc and Juggsnelson like this.
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Reminder that the Autumn 15% off discount code expires at noon central time, just over an hour away.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I think I might drop a pre-order on the New Order Power, Corruption and Lies set... its $93 before the extra discount but I’m guessing it will get hit with the extra shipping charges too... hmmm.

latheofheaven, Juggsnelson and SJP like this.
  5. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

dang was going to get the discounted bruce lee criteron plus the coupon, but its backorder.

SJP likes this.
  6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

That seems like it will be a pretty solid price, even with the extra few bucks for shipping. Hard to resist as I have the Movement box already. I'm pretty much committed to keep up with these through Brotherhood at the very least.

What the heck, I just ordered it. The price was right in line with what it'd be if purchased as part of a later B2G1 at Target and here you only have to buy one. $85 out the door, no heavy item shipping either.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    latheofheaven likes this.
  7. hutlock

Yep, was just going to report that there was no extra shipping. Amazon preorder price is $111 so definitely seemed like a deal.

DD also has a bundle of the four 12” singles coming out to accompany the box (Blue Monday, Confusion, Thieves Like Us, and Murder) but for some reason THAT has the extra shipping charge attached? Weird. Passed on that one.

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  8. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

you guys almost talked me into it as i was entering the CC i thought no i've spent way too much lately on records and RSD is this weekend.

that was a great deal though

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  9. hutlock

I pulled the trigger 4 minutes before the coupon expired myself hahaha I had to make sure it was the best deal on it and it definitely was.

I don’t think I’ve ever pre-ordered from DD before but I assume they charge when it ships?

10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

FYI the coupon is still working for me.

11. hutlock

Excellent/horrible news because now I’m tempted to squeeze another order in... thanks/no thanks, man!!!

12. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

im still browsing for something i want thats a good deal and worth getting, so far everything i wants backordered or only slightly less with coupon.

13. hutlock

I would think you wouldn’t have to wait too terribly long for most backorder items from them, no? I am looking at (and talking myself out of) that Bruce Lee set too! Lol

14. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i always end up with backorders from them cancelled (on blowoutbin) i just assume everything else would be the same.

15. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

codes dead now.

16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

It might depend on how you pay.

Often I'd juice an order like this to include something else to go over $100 and get 6 months interest free from PayPal credit. Those charge me right away but I'd never care because it is interest free (always pay off before interest is charged). I don't recall any time that I've used a credit card directly so I'm not positive on when the charge goes through.

17. hutlock

Yeah, I used a credit card just because I was curious... it looks like there is a hold pending on my card but it hasn’t actually been charged yet, so I’ll check tomorrow and see what the deal is.

18. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

yea, they will place a hold for the total order price and then it goes away. The card is charged when the item actually ships. What I don't know for sure is if a order has items releasing on different dates then will they ship as they become available or hold on until everything is in stock/released. So, just to be safe I placed 8 different pre-orders last night lol

hutlock, latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  19. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

What's not to like about 8 DIFFERENT PRE-ORDERS!

20. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

haha yes!!

In case someone is interested:

1) UFO - strangers in the night deluxe box and vinyl reissue
    2) Wildflowers and all the rest CD box set
    3) Bob Mould - Distortion 24cd box set
    4) Peter Gabriel - Secret World live and Growing up live LPs
    5) Hum - Inlet cd for my old car along with the vinyl
    6) Beastie Boys music vinyl comp., Mastodon Medium Rarities Pink vinyl lol, Melody Gardot Sunset in the blue LP
    7) Four Tet - There is love in you expanded vinyl reissue, Kylie Minogue Disco Deluxe ;-0
    8) Laurel & Hardy: The Definitive Restorations blu-ray box (well this is not a pre-order, shipped today)

21. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I pre ordered a few of those myself! I used to watch Laurel and Hardy with my Grandfather....they were his favorite!

aperfecttool and latheofheaven like this.
  22. putz

putz Forum Resident

I also did an Autumn preorder binge with 52 minutes to spare (trying not to live too dangerously these days).

Gold [140-Gram Black Vinyl] [Import]

Bangles
    LP
    Release date: 10/2/2020
    Pre-order$24.18$24.18

Letter To You

Bruce Springsteen
    LP
    Release date: 10/23/2020
    Pre-order$32.35$32.35

Muddy Water Blues (A Tribute To Muddy Waters) / Various (Orange Vinyl)

LP
    Release date: 10/2/2020
    Pre-order$31.48$31.48

Zacherle's Monster Gallery

Zacherle
    848064010975LP
    Release date: 10/9/2020
    Pre-order$23.37$23.37

Juggsnelson and hutlock like this.
  23. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Their were a bunch of Flicker Alley blu-ray's I wanted (major sale + the 15%) but almost all were back ordered..............

24. hutlock

Well if anyone is still debating on the New Order Power, Corruption & Lies set, pre-order price is down to $89.99.

Amazon price is still at $111.

25. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Got my three, Van Halen studio cd s is really cool, mini albums in a box. Jamey Johnson cd is great. Both good sound and artwork. The American Sharks lp looks great and the music is rockin. Nice haul. Put a bunch in the cart for the future

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.