AP UHQR Jethro Tull Aqualung

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gordon Johnson, May 4, 2019.

1. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I don't think anyone has said they aren't ordering because of shipping.

2. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I was confused by this as well.

3. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

Thanks so much for pointing this out and saving me a nice chunk of cash. If this is true then this release needs to be marketed as a repress. And Fremer should not be writing that this release will be the best sounding version ever made without comparing it with the Classic 45RPM, which is pressed on only one side of four 200 gram slabs of Clarity vinyl.

I also want to add that if this is only a repress of an earlier title then it greatly diminishes the UHQR brand. It should always be a unique mastering in this series.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    chris8519 and John D. like this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The easiest pass of all of this year's repackagings and BS.
    Already have a 33.3 BG Classic
    A DCC 100% analog
    The SW 40th Anniversary pressing
    + I've sold copies !!!
    Pretty sure I could die, come back as a dog, and still not hear anything I haven't heard already. :laugh:

john lennonist and MrCJF like this.
  5. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying

6. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Sounds like false advertising to me, if you already own the Classic 45 rpm you are basically buying it again and not even knowing it . :confused:

PoeRaider and Diskhound like this.
  7. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

Yes. Of course. They will do a 45 RPM Axis in Mono and Stereo.

Twinsfan007 likes this.
  8. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

Ordered. I have the Classic Records version which is fantastic but wanted this one too.

9. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

I think I'm with ya Slick........Been thinkin 'bout it but I really think the SW remix is pretty outstanding, compared to my original pressings. This recording is known to not be that great originally, so what could they do to make it a sonic miracle?? For me Aqualung is a masterpc of an album.....Gonna pass.

Slick Willie likes this.
  10. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

But I don’t think we know that Acis was cut at 45 rpm. Deja Vu definitely was. You need artist clearance though. Ownership of the old Classic mothers doesn’t mean you can press up copies and sell the album .

Twinsfan007 likes this.
  11. Mok

Mok Has Potential

On one hand, the idea of it being a repress of Classic parts is, to some, a trick or a bait & switch. I prefer to think of it as another great chance at fulfilling on the promise of them having bought and owning the metalwork. Most of those Classic pressings are just way out of my (and many people's) range at this point, being as good and collectible as they are. I'm thrilled that this is happening, as I didn't have a chance to get the Classic 45 set, and if it's the same parts, then it should be as good, and save me more than a few hundred bucks to get it.

And we only know 99% sure that it's those parts being reused (based on MF's nearly-always-right-but-sometimes-wrong track record). So if it's a new cut, it'll be great, and if it's the old cut, it'll be great. Bellman is a genius IMO. PUMPED!

Joti Cover likes this.
  12. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Interesting to see how long this takes to sell out.
    Did Bellman cut the Classic Records Clarity version?

13. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

Yes.

14. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I’m currently playing the Classic 331/3 version. It’s been a while and I really do enjoy the Steven Wilson version but this sounds pretty good too. I’m optimistic this UHQR will quite nice. One of the best albums ever IMO.

Dmann201 and Joti Cover like this.
  15. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Classic Records redo basically. Fancy box bah. Glossy gatefold with the clarity vinyl. $65.95. Would have been better.!

Catcher10 likes this.
  16. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

According to the Discogs listings, Bellman cut both the 33 (200g Quiex, SV-P) and Clarity 45.

Jethro Tull - Aqualung
    Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Maybe someone with a copy can confirm that the listings are correct. (I don't have either.)

Tullman likes this.
  17. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Yes, my Classic 33 clearly has the CB etched on both sides. (I had my readers on so I could see it well).

Fractured likes this.
  18. Hell why not free? That'd be way better!!

musictoad likes this.
  19. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

If you are in UK would suggest ordering from Diverse Vinyl at £145. I worked out that with rising carriage costs, VAT and customs this will almost certainly be cheaper than buying from AS. Learnt this from buying the Hendrix direct.

20. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

:rant:

:D

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  21. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

You mean most of them are laughable. The 'I prefer an inferior cheap 33 rpm pressing to 45 rpm or Giles Martin to remix it' brigade.

Twinsfan007 likes this.
  22. Latech

Latech Forum Resident

I would order Deja Vu on day 1 if this ever happens!!!! And have a big ol' smile on my face.

Twinsfan007 and Glenn coates like this.
  23. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Here is the reply I just received from Acoustic Sounds after asking that question:

This is the same mastering from Chris Bellman from Classic records.

Thank you,
    Bud, Domestic Sales

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please reply to this email.

24. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Well, there you go.

25. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Is Acoustic Sounds the only one taking pre-orders?
    Also, wondering why Free Shipping doesn't occur as item is well over $50 when it applies.