Strictly for fans of Audio Note UK (all things Audio Note UK)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Richard Austen, Mar 19, 2015.

1. NapaBob

NapaBob Forum Resident

But we know that Richard is a big fan of the TT3 with high torque, computer controlled motors. Why not stick to that theme?

[​IMG]

Tesla Roadster. Yea, OK, the audio sucks, but it is blindingly fast.

2. Subagent

Subagent down the rabbit hole, they argue over esoterica

For less than the price of a Gaku-On! Unless you grab one of the 1000 reservations for the "Founders Edition," which is $50K more expensive.

Richard Austen likes this.
  3. Kimiimacman

Kimiimacman Forum Resident

4. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident Thread Starter

The more I spend on a car the less I have for the stereo. So Miata/Ford is my range.

I see so many Tesla's here in HK. The fit and finish and reliabilty ratings leave much to be desired. Break down in Saskatchewan...good luck getting it repaired.

I have watched too many Scotty Kilmer videos to ever buy a German or Italian car lol.

jonwoody and Joe Spivey like this.
  5. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

Yes, it's mostly BMW parts with a Toyota badge (I think built in Austria)... but the Toyota Supra would be high on the list. I owned one 20 yrs ago and man it was fun car to drive and lots of good memories. Inline 6, manual, rear wheel drive. Maybe I should test drive one of these....hmmm

[​IMG]

Richard Austen and jonwoody like this.
  6. finn

finn Forum Resident

Aside from great looks and real unreliability was the manufacture claim of the paintwork being done in one of Ferrari 's workshops, lovely sound when they worked though.
    All of this chat about fast coupes has me scratching my head, we just went from a Mercedes 2 door to a Volvo XC60 suv because it was eminitely more practical, comfortable and suitable for the future. Maybe I need a midlife crisis to check my realities.

Acapella48 and jonwoody like this.
  7. Richard Austen

B&W engine and electronics etc etc.

They are revamping the less expensive 86 next year - 255hp from 201 and apparently upgrading the cabin. You could buy two for the price of the Supra :)

Joe Spivey likes this.
  8. Acapella48

Acapella48 Forum Resident

I went from the Alfa Spider Veloce to a '79 Volvo 244DL for the same reasons.

finn likes this.
  9. Richard Austen

You see you guys had the chance in your youth to buy those sports cars. I never did. So is it a midlife crises or just wanting to have that experience before I shuffle off the blue ball? I am going in the opposite direction

These have been my last few cars: Toyota Corolla 2000

[​IMG]

Kia Rondo in light green

[​IMG]

Honda Civic Hatchback

[​IMG]

Grrrrrr - I need something FUUUUUN

10. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

The good thing about that amp I traded it and $1000 for the amp I've now had for the last 14 years, so not too bad.

[​IMG]

sailfish, Acapella48, finn and 2 others like this.
  11. finn

finn Forum Resident

You’re a school teacher.
    You’re obsessed about hifi.
    You personally know content on at least 10 individual forums.
    I don’t know if your single or happily partnered up but the odds of you having fun ,when those first 3 facts are taken into account, are not looking good.

just saying.......

12. Encore

Encore Forum Resident

I haven't owned a car in 13 years, and that definitely contributes to my happiness. Cycling to work (free fitness), and when I need a car, I rent on an hourly basis and have many car types to choose from spread out in several Danish cities: About LetsGo - LetsGo Maintenance is taken care of by the non-profit, winter tires just magically appear on the cars, a yearly one-time payment of about US$100 waives ALL liability, and cars are never more than three years old. Oh, and dedicated parking spaces in Copenhagen.

SetANE, Richard Austen, Dai and 6 others like this.
  13. Andrew Mackay

Andrew Mackay Forum Resident

Here in France, they are very big into car-sharing and - it being France - they have pleasant picnic areas in the car-sharing stops... fancy cars tend to get dinged in the supermarket car parks which is why most people run theirs into the ground (300,000 kms on the clock is commonplace) to blend in!

jonwoody and Encore like this.
  14. Encore

Encore Forum Resident

Yeah, I had heard about how cars are parked in Paris but I didn't quite believe it until I saw it my own eyes :laugh:

To reconnect all this car talk to Audio Note, I can say that while I have wasted quite a bit of money on unwise purchases during my years away from Audio Note, I have lost less money on that hobby than my dad did on cars during his lifetime.

jonwoody and finn like this.
  15. spartree

spartree Forum Resident

I bought a Land Rover Defender when I was in Germany, what does that say about me? :laugh: Actually they hold their value like crazy if you take care of them, especially in North America.

[​IMG]

Shiver, BettisDad, J.Uotila and 3 others like this.
  16. klonk

klonk Forum Resident

You have a beautifully coloured Land Rover Defender and just like Audio Note gear they hold their value well.

spartree likes this.
  17. jonwoody

Since we're talking cars I bought a low mileage 2003 VW Passat back in 2007, four years ago I had a really good shop go through and replace/repair everything that needed it. Belts, hoses, suspension wheels, tires really everything and man is it fun to drive. And these days I barely drive, pre-Covid I was averaging 7-8000 miles per year. I love my car and love to drive but opportunities are few and far between. I will say this though it may be my last car 120K miles and counting!

18. Acapella48

Meanwhile, back in Audio Note land ...

Friends, Audio Note India and Infinimation Technologies invite you to the fifth session of ‘Master Class in Audio’. We are delighted to have Peter Qvortrup from Audio Note UK to discuss ‘All Things Audio’.
    Zoom link for the session is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87389922214...

The link is to be used for joining the session. Kindly note that the maximum number of participants for the Zoom session is 500 and is on a first come-first serve basis.
    Looking forward to hosting Audio enthusiasts from around the globe.

[​IMG]

19. jonwoody

If I have the time right it's 6AM here on the east coast US sadly I am out looks cool though.

20. Encore

Encore Forum Resident

Won't it be 7AM? Here in Europe it's a more manageable time but I'm afraid I won't be able to attend either.

21. jonwoody

You're right 7AM when I googled it said 6 but then the actual converter said 7AM that seems to be correct. Still too early for me!

22. Acapella48

4 am here on the West Coast :shake:

23. Sugar Man

Sugar Man Forum Resident

Will a recorded session be available for later viewing?

Encore likes this.
  24. Acapella48

Don't know. I will see if I can get additional info.

25. NapaBob

NapaBob Forum Resident

The audio gods are not smiling on me. A TT3 arrived on Saturday. By Sunday night, the power was off and there were 3 wildfires around the Napa Valley. We haven’t had to evacuate yet, but all I can do is sit and admire that lovely turntable. Sigh.

SetANE likes this.