Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I feel your pain. We started a bathroom renovation project in October or November, and the project was halted for two months beginning in March due to you-know-what.

2. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Thanks man, it sucks. The rig sounds pretty good all things considered, but I'm gonna have to tear the room down once the work starts, so I haven't gone all out on speaker placement or anything. I did have to buy a bunch of cheap accoustic panels for first and second reflection points and the frigging ceiling! The accoustics in here are terrible.

Once we get the team in here, I'm gonna have them raise the ceiling a foot, double sheetrock the walls with green glue, wall to wall carpeting with thick accoustic foam underneath and in wall storage for my albums and CDs. It's should be killer when I'm done, but for now even with some gear upgrades, my old room was a bit better in most ways except scale and dynamics. I'm pretty hopeful, but getting impatient. Frigging Covid!

Manimal, timind, jonwoody and 7 others like this.
  3. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

Often yes... Sometimes Its chosen because I am too lazy to make a change..lol In truth I chose the black bottle of Espolon extra Anejo because i started the night with tequila. If I started the night with just Jet it would have been straight up Irish Whiskey.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    jonwoody likes this.
  4. Funky54

Its a pretty good tequila. This one is the Anejo. The nose is slightly sweet cooked agave, cinnamon, Vanilla. Taste is similar, Vanilla, cinnamon. Finish is light, cinnamon and pepper followed by an agave/oak. For an Anejo its on the lighter side. Great for sipping but would work well with ceviche or a light fish.

Originally discovered it while on a business trip to New York

[​IMG]

Tim 2, BKphoto, Manimal and 3 others like this.
  5. Radley

Radley Forum Resident

6. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

I could use a couple shots right now.

7. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

:evil::)
    Here's the big question. Did it contain a worm and did you consume it? Be careful how you answer because it tells us a lot about your Tequila consumption.:evil::)

8. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

9 days with Zu Omen DW and like 'em. They will not be going back after trial. None of the negative reviews jive with what I am hearing.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dred, JUCO, barfko and 62 others like this.
  9. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

The hickory finish is the PERFECT complement to your rustic walls!

Man, I'd love to hear those Zu's someday...

Manimal, billb51, JorgeGvb and 3 others like this.
  10. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Love that lamp.

Manimal likes this.
  11. Funky54

Contrary to myth... If you find a worm in your tequila, DON’T DRINK IT. I know there is an expensive novelty or gimmicky tequila that sticks the worm in there... not cool.

Good tequila is no different from good Scotch. In fact in recent years a lot of Whiskey and Bourbon drinkers are the cross over adoptees of Tequila. Tequila can still taste traditional but many of the modern Anejo tequilas taste great to whiskey and bourbon drinkers because of the subtle change of the barrel aging just like scotch and bourbon. In fact many of the old guard Tequila drinkers hate the new and modern takes of Anejo.

schwaggy and Slippers-on like this.
  12. Funky54

We’d be fools not to.

BKphoto, Manimal and action pact like this.
  13. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Mezcal has the worm. Tequila is a type of Mezcal, but Mezcal is not Tequila and only Mezcal has the worm, or larva if you will.

sixthstreet, fuse999, Helom and 4 others like this.
  14. Funky54

Yes blue Weber and steamed is Tequila, any Pinia (not just blue Weber) can be Mezcal. The worm is still a myth. The real difference between Mezcal and Tequila is 1) region, 2) agave plant, 3) process of roasted vs steamed.

Slight obsession:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We wont discuss Whiskey.... I look unstable enough just with the tequila

16hz lover, Kyhl, Donniej and 19 others like this.
  15. Funky54

16. Funky54

17. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

For us Scotch drinkers it's mouse droppings lol...where there's barley there's mice:) the worm eaters need not feel ashamed now ;)

18. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

I would be so at home in such a beautiful place and setup you got there.

Manimal, action pact, trd and 4 others like this.
  19. Funky54

20. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

I’d say our liquor and wine collection is similar...located in various places in our little townhome. Well done.

Echoes Myron and Funky54 like this.
  21. Funky54

Yep... once it got past the record cabinet and started to infiltrate the top of our fridge... then to my den, the wife started asking questions. I keep her liquors, vodka and rum stocked in the kitchen pantry and she seems to keep quiet. We usually have about 6-8 ounces an evening about 4-5 nights a week. She still buys beer but in truth I rarely want it anymore. I use to be a beer nut but sorta grew out of it.

I made a deal with myself that I buy cheap stuff like Espolon $22 and Jameson Stoutcask $24 for every bottle over $50, keeps the money down. When I buy a nice bottle they can sometimes last over a year that way. When Covid nonsense hit, I ended up with many of my bottles at the same time approaching the half way mark.. and I always kill the bottle when it gets past half way. So Its been expensive to build back up with good stuff lol.

drew phillips, Art K and Echoes Myron like this.
  22. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

nice and very interesting amp ! seems like a good option for the SET crowd, i bet it has lots to do with how you like the Zus.

Echoes Myron, trd and Funky54 like this.
  23. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Looking good! You almost never see those old Alon's these days I used to have a pair of Lotus Elite Signatures about 15 years ago. Nice speakers but too big when we moved to my current digs.

Echoes Myron and Funky54 like this.
  24. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

Quite a collection.... love the Mexican combo... whoever fixed up that tostadas knows their food - crema and all!

25. Funky54

Thanks. I dearly love those Alons. I dragged some Wilson Audio Watt Puppy’s here once for a couple of days. Ive had some Sonus Fabre’s, PMC’s.. I can say nothing has trumped them.

jonwoody likes this.