Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Seabass

Seabass Old Git

Where does “1,000 Pin Up Girls”’automatically open?

oboogie likes this.
  2. FalseMetal666

FalseMetal666 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

bluemooze, Manimal, Funky54 and 4 others like this.
  3. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Damn man, that's a seriously cool looking integrated. Good for you sir!

Rick58 and FalseMetal666 like this.
  4. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

Simaudio Moon i-7 is in the house and it rips. I've only had a chance to do a little listening thus far, but noticed immediate improvement in every category when compared to my outgoing Outlaw RR2150; more dynamic, cleaner/more coherent treble, more musical bass, MUCH wider and slightly deeper soundstage, and just more "musically convincing," for want of a better description.

Credenza is a little crowded now and I have to revisit cable management, but it's extremely fun to finally have a piece of gear that seems to be objectively world class.
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]
    Nice! That amp just may make you thinking about upgrading speakers.

Bevok, Jerjo, Dennis0675 and 6 others like this.
  5. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Damn that was a cruel thought to put in his head so soon! :D

james, Rick58, timind and 2 others like this.
  6. FalseMetal666

That was part of the calculus - the amp is as close to upgrade proof as I can manage. Should be able to drive any speaker I'll ever be able to afford or steal.

Rick58, timind and jonwoody like this.
  7. Russian_Autumn_Heart

Russian_Autumn_Heart Forum Resident

Actually, mine on the previous page is an Audio Technica LP60X instead of an LP60.

Still, I'll be upgrading a turntable at some point in the next year.

Rick58 and jonwoody like this.
  8. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

super nice ,does that amp have enough power for such big speakers?

9. Slippers-on

Wasn't trying to be rude or mean....apologies to you. But I've been at this a while ....and I know how much amp that is. It's a whopper of an amp.

Rick58, okc_craft and FalseMetal666 like this.
  10. FalseMetal666

No sweat bro, didn't take it as being negative in the slightest. And since we all have the same sickness/perversion, I am obviously fantasizing about new speakers already.

Any tidbits about the i7 you can share? Like I mention above, not a whole lot of info on the forum about it.

Slippers-on, Rick58 and okc_craft like this.
  11. timind

timind phorum rezident

I purchased mine figuring I'd never need to upgrade amps again. So far, I haven't even had an itch. If I ever do swap it out, it will be to downsize, which will also mean a downgrade.

Hard to imagine a speaker it won't drive. I've used it with some supposedly hard to drive Magnepan 1.7s. It never broke a sweat. Oddly though, I even enjoy the amp with a lowly pair of NHT SuperZero 2.1s.

12. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

Yeah baby !!! Nice amp, even has remote balance control which I deem essential for tweaking in the soundstage ... finally got remote balance with a McIntosh C220 preamp I had for a few years and now with Parasound P 7. Maybe with tubes especially it's nice to tweak slightly for best soundscape. This can vary a little recording to recording or as tubes age ... I used to get up and move my right speaker (always right for some reason) back and forth 1/2" or so until things locked in. MUCH nicer having remote balance!

Folks have been lauding the KEF R3/5/7/11 as seemingly good upgrades (?) over the LS50s, specifically in the bass ... imagine the Moon would drive any of those with no sweat.

VERY sweet setup there! :cheers: :righton: :cool: :pineapple:

PS/Edit: it is strange to me how they put the LS50 / wireless in the "Flagship" category with the $250,000 speakers. They do have various 'categories' with some 'crossover' between them though.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    FalseMetal666 likes this.
  13. kdejonge

kdejonge Forum Resident

Ow yeah definitely. The previous rotels did not this makes them sing!

[email protected] likes this.
  14. Slippers-on

From my listening to that amp it was a very neutral amp. Well balanced and very transparent. While I thought the amp was excellent, some buddys with me said it was dry. But that depends on ones ears and ones preference. That's some nice hardware! I thought it was a very nice sounding amp. Has nice power with a lots in reserve if every needed. Can drive just about any speaker, Solid build and quality parts. In my opinion it would do well with nice transparent slightly lively cables and a slightly lively speakers. Even tho I heard them with Dynaudio Confidence C1 stand mounts it did sound nice. If I owned that amp, I'd get some Wireworld Speaker cables... their Silver Eclipse interconnects. As well as their phono cables. I'd get a very nice power cord as well. You have a quality amp...deserves quality connected to it in order to get the best it has to offer. Congrats!

FalseMetal666 likes this.
  15. okc_craft

okc_craft It All Matters

I added a new (to me) SOTA Sapphire with an ET1 arm a couple of weeks ago. I have now seen the light, such an incredible sound to my ears compare to my Technics 1200. I have long lusted after these tables and when one came available locally I decided I would regret not having a chance to own it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kyhl, cut-out, RDriftwood and 54 others like this.
  16. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

Nice!Eminent Tech arm/air bearing is a thing of beauty:)Thier lft1 planar speakers are 1 of the great bargains in audio also.An engineering company that appears to do things because they genuinely want to advance the hobby.

jonwoody and Rick58 like this.
  17. DangerCow

DangerCow Forum Resident

Sanded and polished the dust cover and got new feet for my third-system's Pioneer PL-518

[​IMG]

18. okc_craft

okc_craft It All Matters

It really is an engineering beauty. I know little about them outside of this arm though.

jonwoody likes this.
  19. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

Check out the Eminent Technology website...the rotary subwoofer is pure genius....although it may reproduce subway systems on your recordings that you don't need to hear;)

Rick58 and jonwoody like this.
  20. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I've gone through four of those ET arms over the years, having one, trying something else, buying another, etc. Like Brokeback Mountain: I can't quit you!

Once you've settled in with it check out Bruce's website for still-available upgrades.The improved aluminum arm base is well worth it. There's also an aluminum joint that the arm wand attaches to in order to further stiffen things up and improve bass response. And don't get me started on pumps and air pressure tweaks.

Bruce also supplies a longer I-beam. Adjusting the length of the beam and the stiffness of the springs can help dial in resonance for pretty much any cartridge. Bruce will likely be happy to explain it to you.

JohnK

33na3rd and jonwoody like this.
  21. okc_craft

okc_craft It All Matters

Holy crap, now that’s sub bass!!!
    I wonder how the LFT 16a sounds, looks like an interesting speaker.

Rick58 likes this.
  22. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Are you certain ?

23. okc_craft

okc_craft It All Matters

Yeah, I gathered this arm was a tweaker’s dream. I immediately had to rewire the arm as the old wires were a little out of shape, probably from age and handling, and were interfering with the arm’s movement. I stopped short of the final connections so I could observe the range of move was correct.

24. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

The ideal situation is to rewire from the cartridge clips to your phono pre in an unbroken run. There are a lot of solder joints in the arm/spindle. I did it with one of mine and used Bullet Plugs for the RCAs. But since you've just done some of that already I'd put it on the Future Upgrades list.

JohnK

okc_craft likes this.
  25. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Now That's What I Call...having your speakers IN the room :righton::righton:!

Rick58 likes this.