Amazon Canada customers. Has delivery sped up a lot for you?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by John B Good, Oct 3, 2020.

1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

In the last several months I’ve had a few orders here in 3 days time, and I am just choosing Free Delivery. For some months of course there was a notice about Covid affecting deliveries. But now its sometimes unaccountably fast.

One thing I’ve noticed is a new delivery agent, called Intelcom. It sends me an email the day something is to arrive, saying it will be at my door in a few hours.

2. gfong

gfong Forum Resident

Yes, I agree that it has sped up and feels to me like normal now. I have Prime so 1 or 2 day shipping is available and they meet the target with Intelcom like you mentioned. Off topic: I find their inventory and selection is still way down pre Covid.

3. John B Good

I'm not on Prime, so I am surprised at some of the queck delivery.

I agree the selection is way down on the cds or video disks I look for, but think that is in part due to the decline in physical media, not just Covid..

4. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Intelcom has been delivering to me in Ontario for over a year. They are pretty reliable.

John B Good likes this.
  5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Amazon started using Intelcom in my area for all sized orders since April. They’re really good. For my area FedEx usually just resends through Canada Post and UPS won’t ever attempt deliveries. Intelcom has young people in small vans that always make the delivery.

6. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

My last 2 amazon prime orders were about 5 days later than the expected delivery. It was Intelcom. I wonder if it’s harder to do deliveries when it’s dark by 5pm. Especially where I live with lots of confusing addresses and steep driveways. Earlier in the summer they were making fast deliveries as late as 9pm.

7. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Not up here, they don't have ski-planes or dog sleds.

Dave and noname74 like this.
  8. Paul W

Paul W Senior Member

I get most of my orders within a day or two with Amazon Prime.

9. John B Good

More change. Haven't seen Intelcom involved in recent orders, but something identified as Amazon has left parcels at the door.

10. Dalziel53

Dalziel53 Senior Member

I get most things within a day or two with Prime. If it's not Prime or not supplied by Amazon then it is unpredictable.

In general I thing the answer to your question is yes, it is faster than in the past.

11. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Definitely sped up. I am receiving things on release date now which wasnt happening since Covid. Elvis 71 box, Richard Ashcroft and War all arrived by 11AM today.

12. monte4

monte4 Senior Member

Wow, way faster. I ordered an LP last Sunday at around 3 p.m. It was delivered the next afternoon.

Dave likes this.
  13. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

As opposed to old people in large trucks? :confused:

John B Good likes this.
  14. John B Good

Currently waiting for a cd ordered 17 Dec that I now know is coming from Britain.

The supplier asked for patience in view of the difficulties over there.

I wish it was clearer on Amazon where the product from 3rd party suppliers was actually coming from.