GLOW - Netflix Series (6/23/2017)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jmobrien68, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Doubtful she made enough to cover the whole debt, but she could pay enough of it off that it got the heat off her. I didn't take it that she was a gambling addict so much as just bored and looking for a distraction that got out of hand. They are, after all, in Vegas. It would stretch creduilty if not one of them ran into money problems. The writers might work in an addiction story next season for her. But I can remember when the 'Big Love' writers tried a shopping addiction storyline for Nicki and quickly realized there wasn't anywhere to go with it. You can mention it occasionally, just to prove to the audience you haven't forgotten, but trying to come up with an actual arc would be a challenge.

rnranimal likes this.
  2. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Yeah, there's no way they made anywhere near what she owed for that one mud wrestling match. It just seemed to be an odd story to not conclud in some way or even revisit. Especially how they make it a point to show Gina Davis be so hardcore about her demand of being paid in a week. Then we see them do a single mud wrestling match which couldn't have gotten them much money and then they leave Vegas without another mention. Even if they are to have Cherry having a gambling issue again in the next season, I'm speaking about the specific storyline in Vegas. I guess they could go back and reveal what played out but the way they had them leave Vegas, I have the feeling they won't be looking back in the next season. Guess we'll see. Or not. Not renewed yet

kouzie and 93curr like this.
  3. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

I'd figured that -- it was just slightly amusing to think that you were possibly watching the show to see actual wrestling :)

rnranimal likes this.
  4. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

I'd only known Gilpin from Nurse Jackie, where she had a relatively minor role but an interesting character. I think she's really good at physically inhabiting a character with mannerisms and facial expressions.

93curr likes this.
  5. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Enjoying Season 3 but yeah the tone is different. My other half said last night "I miss all the wrestling stuff!" Then the episode we watched was the costume switcheroo one which was more back to old Glow style.

6. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I was kind of bored with season 3 until around the middle of the 2nd episode. I thought: now it's another relationship drama? But, now either I'm attuned to it or they had deal work through some exposition. I'm in the middle of episode 3, and loving it! It's hilarious, and titillating, too! Nearly everyone is getting some good scenes.

7. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

I finished S3 last week and enjoyed it. And yes, there are only two episodes in which “wrastling” is featured and they were half efforts, at best. But as the show script repeats often, there’s not much worth in watching them perform the same routines. I did enjoy the personal focus this season, but didn’t care much for the reliance upon or the amount of time spent on drag.

8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Finished S3 today. I loved this season. Yeah there was less wrestling but I think that would've worn thin anyway, especially since the wrestling matches are even repetitive on the show (as they mention often in this series).

I hope they do a season 4 to tie up the loose ends left at the end of season 3. Not sure they got enough to continue going past that though.

JackBnimble and Dan C like this.
  9. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

Season 4 has been confirmd and will be the last.

10. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I just started watching this because I need more Betty Gilpin who I just watched in The Hunt. What a body she has in that movie.

11. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

Oh, just you wait, if you liked her body in The Hunt.

Also, she and Brie acting together in GLOW is brilliant.

budwhite and JackBnimble like this.
  12. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

They've sadly now cancelled it and won't move forth with the final season.

The first two seasons are something my wife and I will re-watch for years to come.

13. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

:(

14. Exitmusic

Exitmusic Forum Resident

That's really annoying,I thought it was a very entertaining show that felt it was really hitting it's stride towards the final season.
    I just hope Netflix doesn't cancel Better Call Saul!

15. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

You don't have to worry about that as it's not a Netflix series. It airs first on AMC here in US then winds up on Netflix.

MikaelaArsenault and George P like this.
  16. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

17. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

First two seasons were good and fun. Third season not so much.

18. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Agreed.

19. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

WTF!!!! This seriously ticks me off! I know there are far far far worse things going on right now, but escapism is important too and this is total bs. They already had a couple of episodes shot, didn't they?

dan c

jlocke08 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  20. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Yes they did.

21. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Oh...bummer...:rolleyes: I miss watching shows set in the 80's and you think "Wow the only thing we worried about back then was nuclear annihilation or whether my deodorant/hairspray was killing the planet!"

Happy days, seriously...happy days!!!

I guess more teen fantasy horror shows that only last one season is the Netflix plan. One of them might stick eventually.

eddiel and mynameistaken like this.
  22. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

What the heck! That's dirty pool Netflix!

RobMac likes this.
  23. the jesus abyss

the jesus abyss Forum Resident

Seems strange that'd outright cancel it. Why not delay it a couple of years when hopefully this **** has buggered off & the cast would all be free to do it? Seemed a major hit for Netflix. Great show, yeah season 3 wasn't as strong as the first 2 but it's one of those shows where I just loved hanging out with the characters that even when the show wasn't nailing it plot-wise I was still happy to go along for the ride. Hopefully enough people moan & they find a way of bringing it back sometime.

Dan C likes this.
  24. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

For what it's worth, Marc Maron said in one of his live morning coffee video chats on IGTV that they were supposed to start up production again in March 2021 with shooting to commence in May 2021 but that for Netflix it came down to the costs of office space and keeping the sets built on soundstages for all of that time. He also encouraged fans to try to convince Netflix that they should at least be able to eventually make a final movie to wrap up all of the plotlines.

He starts talking about Glow in the video below from 9:40-15:50:

Dan C, eddiel and the jesus abyss like this.
  25. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

A wrap up movie would do.

dougotte and Leviethan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.