Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. timind

timind phorum rezident

Nice dance floor.

2. jcn3

jcn3 Forum Resident

Really like it - beautifully made and very sturdy. Highly recommended.

Echoes Myron, OC Zed and Rick58 like this.
  3. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Nice to see Jacco Gardner in there. Fellow Dutchman, used to work with his manager.

heliocentric likes this.
  4. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

That's a room with a view! Nice.

jcn3 and bever70 like this.
  5. trd

trd Forum Resident

I recently purchased some skyline diffusers from a local craftsman and finally was able to get them up today. I’m quite pleased with the improvement - imaging, clarity and depth of soundstage are all noticeably better. It’s been one of those nights where I am poring through my collection because everything I throw on is fresh sounding.

When doing serious listening I have an ATS panel that goes in front of the TV but I removed it for the photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dred, JUCO, Kyhl and 47 others like this.
  6. merlperl

merlperl Forum Resident

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    JUCO, barfko, A_Lad_Insane and 50 others like this.
  7. merlperl

merlperl Forum Resident

[​IMG]

barfko, BigGame, Litejazz53 and 17 others like this.
  8. FalseMetal666

FalseMetal666 Forum Resident

Yup, that's about what I expected. Totally killer. What do you use the Musical Fidelity buffer for?

9. merlperl

merlperl Forum Resident

I’ve played around with that over the years. It’s currently between the dac and the preamp. Although I just ordered some balanced xlr cables to go directly from the dac to the preamp so I will be comparing that connection to the tube buffer. Should be interesting.

10. merlperl

merlperl Forum Resident

Audio research and Sonus faber is a good combo. Possibly my end game for amp/speaker. Might start working on the analog front end! Although it sounds pretty good. All my gear is listed in my profile.

TeflonScoundrel, timind and trd like this.
  11. merlperl

merlperl Forum Resident

Also not visible is my sumiko S.9 subwoofer

12. jenkovix

jenkovix Forum Resident

if you would remove the tv and lower the diffusers down to the level where now the tv is then you would be really surprised ;)

Archguy, timind and bever70 like this.
  13. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

It appears I went to bed early last night and missed the Sonus Faber hour! Well done guys gorgeous speakers! :righton:

Ntotrar, timind, talkingh and 2 others like this.
  14. trd

trd Forum Resident

This is so obviously true that I’m wondering what possible purpose your post is supposed to serve? Do you genuinely think I don’t know that? Did you not see where I said that I place a panel in front of the tv for serious listening? Doesn’t that indicate that I am well aware of the effects the television has? And perhaps, since I’m obviously well aware of the effects and have clearly chosen to leave the TV in place that I’ve decided it’s simply a compromise I need to live with?

The compulsion of people in this thread to make the most utterly banal points about other people’s setup, as though they are revealing some deep knowledge to us poor pitiful proles, will never stop amusing me.

I have the same thoughts when I view other people’s photos but I’m not compelled to offer my unsolicited advice. I assume anyone with thousands of dollars in equipment who regularly posts on a forum like this is likely well aware of such obvious issues and if someone wants advice they’ll solicit it.

15. Vibrolux_Reverb

Vibrolux_Reverb Forum Resident

Very nice set up phan. Is that a Pollock on the wall?

trd likes this.
  16. trd

trd Forum Resident

Indeed! That’s the print that came with the RSD Junta run some years back

jonwoody and Rick58 like this.
  17. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Love the space. I personally hate blocking windows.

Tim 2, Scratcha and Andy Saunders like this.
  18. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

I'm sure the commenter meant no offense, but sometimes I too am compelled to reply with some banal point ...

Which ATS panel do you use? I also have a TV in the center of my setup-to-be (in my new Idaho house that I haven't been able to set up my audio system in yet). Probably doesn't really matter, just curious.
    ATS Suede Acoustic Panel - 24x48x4 seems like a candidate, but thinking I'd measure and maybe get a custom size.

Skyline diffusers? Does the craftsman take orders? I live in Dublin so could pick them up and will be driving to ID sometime over the next couple months (weather permitting).

[​IMG]

My space is very much a work in progress ... planning on using MA Silver 8s (initially, may try others), left one next to rack, right one spaced to right, centered on TV, and out into the room at least beyond rack front ... might lower the TV some on stand. Will also have large Yamaha 'soundbar' for movie/surround use (if it works, haven't tried it yet). May set absorber on top of soundbar (likely) or in front of it, covering it and the TV. Maybe absorptive panels on RH side behind RH speaker? Lots of things to think about/experiment with ... but the skyline diffuser(s) above the TV wasn't something I was thinking about, thanks !!!

PS/Edit: there seem to be a plethora of skyline diffusers available now on 'etsy' and elsewhere ... I remember when these were exotic and prohibitively expensive. Similarly with traditional acoustic panels ... so maybe I don't need exact models you use! Oh well thanks for the discussion anyway if you want to answer.

PPS: Wonder if a 'portable' skyline diffuser placed on top of soundbar (covering TV surface) would be even better? Commenter talked about diffusion in alignment with speakers being preferred ... maybe fixed diffuser above and portable placed when listening critically? :angel: :D

Kyhl, mktracy, Tim 2 and 7 others like this.
  19. trd

trd Forum Resident

You’re right and I owe @jenkovix an apology. Those types of posts are a pet peeve of mine and I unfairly unloaded on you. You meant no offense and I should not have reacted that way.

That’s the size I use, though they are not suede. It’s a cheap and easy solution.

He does! I actually found him on Etsy after many months of searching online for someone. He delivered them to me, so I’m sure he’d be fine with pickup. I believe he’s in Livermore, diffusing the situation by AcousticSolutions on Etsy

Enjoy your new space!

G B Kuipers, Rick58 and Echoes Myron like this.
  20. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

WOW, cool !!! Right down the block so to speak. Might have things shipped to Idaho though ... we'll see. Free shipping? OK, yes.

And thanks! I hope/pray to be moving in Feb. 2021 ... not a great time to move to ID from CA but it's when my apt lease is up and I do NOT want to renew for short term or long. Time to get outta Dodge, so to speak.

PS/Edit: Many things to consider (depth, etc.) ... I imagine the 6" depth is 'best' and I'll want to 'analyze' things a bit WRT freq. response/effects for the various types. MANY types besides these too of course. But his with the LEDs seem appealing! :)

trd likes this.
  21. Charles Hidalgo

Charles Hidalgo Tubes, Horns, tape, analog!

A few spinners put into the system for play.

REK-O-KUT Rondine Deluxe mono setup With Gray Research and ROK arms. The 78’s and mono LP’s player.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greg Metz STS modified Thorens TD124 MKII, rewired Ortofon RMG212 tonearm, with an Andy Kim Needle Clinic rebuilt and retipped Ortofon S15-T MC cartridge with a linear contact diamond tip, and aluminium cantilever. The Ray Brown Trio had the honor of first play.and it didn’t disappoint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kyhl, OldSoul, 33na3rd and 43 others like this.
  22. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

A friend gave me a bottle of that Nikka whisky from Japan and it's sublime! I still have a little left, kind of waiting for a cold, fall weekend to polish it off in my music room. Been too unseasonably warm here for that.

Nice setup and whiskeys all around!

dan c

Tim 2, Funky54, Ntotrar and 3 others like this.
  23. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Simple, no? Music by Art Pepper. Count Basie on deck...

24. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I have the RP6>Exact>Fono>LM integrated in my office. Very satisfying.

ogdens_sliced, trd and Ntotrar like this.
  25. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

...and I know very well Cornwalls are putting out quite a show there fuelled by piano and sax!

Echoes Myron and Ntotrar like this.