Amazon Prime Shipping Long Delivery Times

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by rockin_since_58, Oct 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident Thread Starter

All of a sudden, all Items I am looking at to buy on Amazon listed as "Prime" are showing a 10 day delivery. Not seeing any 2 day or next day deliveries. This happened at the beginning of the Covid pandemic but got back to normal fairly early on in the pandemic. We have a nearby distribution facility so this makes no sense. The only thing I use Prime for is the expedited shipping.

Anybody else seeing this happening?

Gramps Tom likes this.
  2. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

No, I’m not seeing it. I placed four Prime orders in the last two weeks. Three of them were delivered 2 days after I placed the order. One was delivered the next day.

3. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Most of my "Prime" orders take at least three or four days now.

Mister Charlie likes this.
  4. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Two to three days here.

5. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Nope, usual 2 to 3 days so far.

6. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

I made a Prime order last night around 10pm and got a shipping notice this morning that it'll be here by 10am tomorrow. Turns out it's being shipped from a facility that's less than 20 miles away, so I daresay it'll be there in time.

7. rockin_since_58

Geez... I wonder what is going on in my part of the country? Everything is showing an October 19th delivery date which is 10 days out. Come to think of it, I have seen very few Amazon delivery vans lately. My last couple of orders have been delivered by FedEx.

8. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

No issues here. Still receiving my orders in 1-2 days. Sorry to hear about that.

9. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

2 to 3 days if the item is showing as being in stock.

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Some are 1-2 days, like Prime is supposed to be. Some are 1+ weeks.

Amazon took advantage of COVID to basically decrease their Prime shipping costs, and they probably aren't to ever go back to the earlier guaranteed 2 day shipping.

11. rockin_since_58

2 day shipping is the key selling point for a Prime account and is how they advertise it.

Big Blue likes this.
  12. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

Everything about Amazon is not what it used to be. No surprise. Don't use them !

13. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Forest fires?

14. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Is Amazon anticipating a busy 'Prime Days' sale on October 13 and 14 and want to give lots of leeway regarding deliveries?

15. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Whatever it is, I find it particularly galling during a time when they have their own proprietary delivery services in many markets, particularly near fullfillment centers, up and running.

16. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Most stuff is way longer than 2-3 days for me... And has been since like March. I’m puzzled as to how this is news to the OP, or how some of you are saying it’s not happening at all...

17. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Yeah, I’m seriously considering cancelling it if they don’t catch up soon. I understood when things went crazy earlier in the year, but you can’t convince me Amazon doesn’t have the resources to have figured out how to meet their obligations by now...

18. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Still pretty quick here but I never really need something in 2 days so I'm not sitting around waiting for it. Last week I did order the Cronenberg movie Shivers' on Blu-ray one afternoon and it arrived the next day!

19. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

While some things come very quickly, I find I'm better off just ordering things for my Prime Day. I find it tedious for 3/4 empty boxes come with most of my order. I'd rather they ship once a week and it takes a few days longer anyway.

For the most part, my experience with Amazon has been steady, before covid, with only some deliveries taking a few days longer.

Big Blue likes this.
  20. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

1-2 days here.
    Also this thread should be in Marketplace Discussions, and has been reported for such.

21. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

I find a lot of the time they're just managing your expectations, they say 10 days and you have it in 2-3.

22. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

The USPS has all but collapsed due to orders from the top. Ben Franklin would be turning in his grave. This is having a ripple effect on everything.

23. No problem here - I placed a Prime order Wednesday, and received it today.

24. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

In the past few months, the orders I have done on Amazon arrive on or close to the date indicated before I hit the final button to purchase.
    Some may take longer than 1-2 days, but at least it tells me it will.

25. Gramps Tom

Gramps Tom Forum Resident

Yep, this issue has been going on for me since Spring. Expedited shipping was the only Prime benefit I used, as I don't stream music or videos. I canceled my Prime membership about a month ago without regret. In reality, It doesn't matter to me if it takes an extra day or two to take delivery of a reissued 40 - yr old album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.