Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I concur!

Echoes Myron likes this.
  2. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

I missed it, too! I'm going to jump in here since I am a new, (very) happy Sonus Faber owner, and am just loving listening through these. Haven't posted in this thread in quite some time, and have an entirely new, dedicated room and lots of new equipment, also. So, more to follow....

[​IMG]

JUCO, Kyhl, OldSoul and 44 others like this.
  3. timind

timind phorum rezident

Now those are some real beauties. Bet they sound as good as they look.

Check this thread out if you get a chance: Any other Sonus Faber fans here ?

merlperl, Tim 2 and jonwoody like this.
  4. Noel Patterson

Noel Patterson Music Junkie

:drool:

jonwoody likes this.
  5. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Stunning speakers!

Tim 2 likes this.
  6. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

[​IMG]

Just a little taster of my Croft Series 7 power amp. I was using the PA stage of my XTZ amp with a Stereo Coffee LDR Pre-amp but a whole integrated for those duties is overkill.

I'm not regretting it!

33na3rd, BigGame, bluemooze and 8 others like this.
  7. ogdens_sliced

ogdens_sliced Walnut Plug

Nice system.
    Can I ask; how do you find the Matrix Element M as a Roon endpoint?
    Any issues / niggles / recommended?
    Am 90% about to pull the trigger on one.

8. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

That looks fantastic! Great gear, how would you describe the Elysians?
    I really like the look of the wall, does it have any positive or negative effect on the acoustics?

9. Hydrology

Hydrology Forum Resident

Thanks!
    The Matrix was great - sounded fabulous and never had a hitch or hiccup in the few months I owned it. I have since replaced this however (and my Roon Nucleus) with an Innuos ZEN MK3 which is connected via USB to the Hegel.

jonwoody and ogdens_sliced like this.
  10. Hydrology

Hydrology Forum Resident

Great sense of scale. Smooth top end. The drivers work seamlessly together.
    In an ideal world you shouldnt have anything between your stereo speakers, so the TV doesnt helps.
    The wall is actually textured wallpaper, so, dunno!

jonwoody likes this.
  11. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Beautiful. :righton:

displayname and jonwoody like this.
  12. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

I have been looking at the Elysian 2's but almost no reviews to be found online. So a review of yours would be nice :D! What did you have before ?

M.R.Collins likes this.
  13. M.R.Collins

M.R.Collins Forum Resident

Not exactly a critical review but an opinion.

BigGame, bluemooze, bever70 and 3 others like this.
  14. jonwoody

Interesting review, the reviewer, whose name I totally missed, was right I've not seem an AMT or any ribbon tweeter I can remember in a waveguide like that. Very cool and wow those are some gorgeous speakers and they look like a solid value at $7k. One thing I don't think he mentioned and was curious about, the ring around each driver surround had that pattern of rectangular cutouts all the way around. I was wondering if that's just a design flourish or is there some acoustic property to those?

That Denon integrated was super cool too guessing that model doesn't make it to the west.

bever70 and M.R.Collins like this.
  15. FalseMetal666

FalseMetal666 Forum Resident

Dude mentioned in an old video that the Denon was a Japanese market import and he runs a step-up transformer.

jonwoody likes this.
  16. jonwoody

Ah ok I don't really watch Youtube equipment reviews as I hate to pause my music to do so. But the 15 mins or so I watched was quite informative and makes sense that was a Japan only amp.

17. FalseMetal666

FalseMetal666 Forum Resident

Yeah I definitely took note because it looks like an extremely nice piece of kit. Those wharfedales have my attention now as well.

mreeter, M.R.Collins and jonwoody like this.
  18. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

I think the Wharfedale Elysian 2's, with the factory stands are nothing short of drop dead sexy :winkgrin: I'd love to get ears on a pair one day:agree:

19. M.R.Collins

M.R.Collins Forum Resident

Me too!!

20. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

That's also the only one I could find ;).
    They have been on the market for a few months now I believe. Guess I'll just have to be patient... Looks are outstanding imo !

jonwoody, M.R.Collins and mreeter like this.
  21. Noel Patterson

Noel Patterson Music Junkie

[​IMG]
    Just added a Rega P2...me likey very much!

thxphotog, Kyhl, 33na3rd and 34 others like this.
  22. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

What is the ATS panel that you use in front of the tv. Interested in something to put in front of my tv.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    trd likes this.
  23. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I know how you feel. Some guy was criticizing my setup on the placement area of my TT. My room dictates where I can place components. I went to great effort and expense in ameliorating the undesired effects. No **** Sherlock of course I considered alternatives. Of course the D-dong know it all didn't have his equipment listed and posted no pictures of his wonderful set up as an example. Again, my room is for comfort and convenience as well as a good listening environment. We do the best with what we have.

24. terzinator

terzinator boots lost in transit

this place is great like that

25. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Like many here I am sure, I have more equipment than I need...and in some cases, more than I can actually use. I've had some of this unused equipment (mostly vintage gear) in our living room for many months...trying to decide what to use and how to position and pair it up. Well, the wife finally asked if I could make it happen, sell it or store it again. Then my son asks, "Could we hook it up downstairs and have tunes to listen to during workouts?"

I jumped on Amazon and purchased a cheap TV stand to house the items. The photos below show the new stand and this equipment in the unfinished area of the basement where the weight training equipment is: Rotel RC-980BX preamp, Rotel RB-980BX amp and a 1970's era Sansui receiver not in use right now. These are hooked to New Large Advent speakers with utility cabinets. The source is a FiiO M7 playing mostly 24-bit/96kHz vinyl rips from my collection.

So to re-cap...wife is now happy unused equipment is gone from the living room and these items are now being used for about an hour a day six days a week. Winning!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dred, Kyhl, Ingres3225 and 30 others like this.