Amazon Prime Shipping Long Delivery Times

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by rockin_since_58, Oct 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident Thread Starter

They should be refunding some of the Prime fee based on these delayed deliveries. It is not happening everywhere. I am in a large metropolitan area so this should not be happening here.

Big Blue likes this.
  2. rockin_since_58

Just placed an Amazon order to be shipped to my daughter in South Carolina and the items will get there in 2 days for one and next day for the other. Something is going on for Southern California deliveries.

3. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Longer travel times due to avoiding the fires perhaps? How have trucking routes been affected?

Galley likes this.
  4. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Thing is, the delays don’t seem to be the shipping time, they are the fulfillment time. So metro area or not, shouldn’t matter; they should be figuring out how to get things out the door.

5. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

This does depend on what the items are, for me. For example, I prefer records come packed on their own, because of the inexcusably haphazard way I’ve seen them packed among other items (such as, no joke, under a case of canned dog food...). Otherwise, though, I do prefer less boxes, too.

Still, if I place an order today for something, this week’s Prime Day is not offered to me. They’d have me waiting for next week (soonest delivery for anything is next week, anyway).

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I've seen the problem up here in the Seattle area on some items.

7. rockin_since_58

No fires in the area I live and there are multiple fulfillment centers in the metro Los Angele area.

8. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

I also don’t think Amazon’s expected delivery dates on the product pages account for stuff like that, anyway. They’re simply not filling orders within a day like they used to.

9. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

But the products still need to get TO the local fulfillment centers, which could be causing the delays. Glad you’re safe.

rockin_since_58 likes this.
  10. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

I do still get some surprises with Prime. My pre-order of the new Lennon didn't ship on delivery day as expected and estimated delivery didn't show until Tuesday. Last night I got an email that it shipped so I thought I might get in on Monday if things worked out. This afternoon I tripped over it as I walked out my front door. So I did get it two days after release. It was in transit for less than 24 hours.

11. rockin_since_58

Decided to call Amazon to ask about this and after having to escalate to a supervisor, they told me all orders to my zip code have an extended delay and they don't have an estimate for return to normal shipping times. They said they would provide an update in 4 business days. If this doesn't change by the end of next week, I will call and ask for a refund equivalent to 1 month of my Prime membership.

12. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Just had an Amazon Prime order here in 3 days. Think it originated in SLC from the markings on the label.

13. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

I thought California was pretty locked down due to Covid?

14. rockin_since_58

It is somewhat but has not affected Amazon deliveries except in the beginning of the pandemic when they were giving priority to essential items. The county I live in is now at the red level with dine in at restaurants happening again. Amazon stated the problem was specific to my zip code. We have nothing out of the ordinary happening here. I can order something and have it shipped to my parents who are about 50 miles from me and it gets there in 1 or 2 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.