Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

They’ll add more but if it’s like last time you will find some stuff Amazon doesn’t have and in some cases the amazon price is better than target by a couple bucks

2. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Could someone post a link to the sale? Browsing Amazon cd's/LP's home page & Gold box does not bring this sale up. (I'm assuming it's USA?)

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Get 3 for the price of 2.

4. moomoomoomoo

5. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

6. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Never ending is the target list , though Amazon’s adding more

GentleSenator likes this.
  7. Muffinbutt

Anyone know how long this offer will last? Didn’t say on terms and conditions on amazon.

8. moomoomoomoo

I had to limit by categories to have a chance. For me, in music & movies, even with 1/3 off, I didn't find the prices to be all that good. Vinyl may be a different story; I no longer do vinyl at all.

9. Muffinbutt

Yeah, you have to mix and match to make it work. I am doing vinyl and decided to spend $70 each on first two to get my third $70 vinyl free.

10. VinylSteals

VinylSteals Forum Resident

11. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

Does anyone know how to bring up a list of all the vinyl being offered on the Amazon 3 for 2 sale? I cannot find a way to peruse everything that is available. Thanks.

12. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

On the 3-for-2 deal page, type in "vinyl" in the search box, and that hopefully will get you what you need.

Biff Jones likes this.
  13. Muffinbutt

Also can do by department cds and vinyl

Biff Jones likes this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

15. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Monrophonic likes this.
  16. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

Seems like the site is a little messed up. I clicked on "electronics" and then "headphones" on the left side menu, and a few children's books popped up.

17. Muffinbutt

Same, prime day has some good deal on headphones though, check those out

18. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Yeah I’m torn on the headphone deals, the cheap Sony is probably fine but that’s a good deal on the qcii and the mx4 Sony won’t get much cheaper for a whole

19. hype

hype Forum Resident

I've had the mx3's for awhile now and have done some traveling with them. They are a godsend for Planes especially, I was completely taken away from all the noise and only had the volume up maybe 1/2 to 3/4 at the most. The super long battery life is great as well since i'm horrible about remembering to keep everything charged.

If I didn't already have the mx3's i'd probably be grabbing the 4's as some the improvements they made seem really good to an already great product.

20. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

$298 plus $25 gift card is about as cheap as they’re going to be for a while . My main uses would be with tidal at home or watching tv , noise cancelling is nice for that sometimes so I can ignore the dog and family :)

21. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, the mx3's hardly budged in price there entire life. If you wait awhile you might be able to get them at $250 eventually but that $25 gift card already chops that in half and you don't have to wait and hope.

I watched a few videos out of curiosity a month or two ago and it seems like Sony kept the greatness of them in tact but fixed all the small issues people had. One thing I really love about mx4's is they support multiple connected devices at once so you can go from listening to tidal to watching tv seamlessly which I can't do. The app interface is really great and extremely customizable as well. I can also attest to the fact they work very nicely to ignore both the dog and family when needed haha.

As far as vinyl goes this another extremely weak Prime day it seems though.

22. Gianni Ovalsand

Gianni Ovalsand Forum Resident

For any Geddy Lee/Rush/Bass Players/Vintage Guitar Collectors...

Amazon has Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass Hardcover for $51.99 (same as other online retailers i.e., Target) but with an additional coupon savings of $17.33 making it $34.66 before tax. Not bad for a nice book which retails for $90. Unfortunately it's not part of the get 3 for the price of 2 deal but the coupon is basically the same thing (33% off). The coupon basically saves you from not having to buy two other similarly priced items. Prime members get free shipping, don't know what shipping is for non-Prime members.

https://www.amazon.com/Geddy-Lees-B.../ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

black sheriff, Shawn, Beeg and 7 others like this.
  23. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

I was hoping that Geddy would have made it to Seattle (again) as he’s still planning on stops for book signings so I held off in buying a copy since I missed him last year. Eddie Trunk has talked about how cool this book is on several of his radio shows so at that price I pulled the lever. If Geddy ever does do rounds again I will be buying a second copy. Duh.

24. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I've taken advantage of the Buy 2 Get 3 sale. I did have to first get to the CD and Vinyl department and then check the Vinyl box in the left hand column. That gave me pages and pages of LPs to pick from. It's really no different than going into a big record store and flipping through the bins for the better part of an hour.

On Monday I bought three new releases. All of these are the first time they've been on vinyl:

Collective Soul - s/t (their second and best album, IMO)
    Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
    Todd Snider - East Nashville Skyline

The records arrived yesterday and I've listened to the first two this morning. The Collective Soul is even better than I remember it. Blink-182 may be just too juvenile for me. Its blue humor seemed funnier 25 years ago. I'm saving Todd Snider for tonight and a first listen over a cocktail. This is my favorite album of his and listening to it totally straight seems like it would be a mistake. Todd would not approve.

This morning I put these Buy 2 Get 3 records in my cart. Since it came to over $50, I am in the middle of a self-imposed break before I click on "Buy."

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Dave Digs Disney
    Steve Earle - Guitar Town
    Old '97s - Twelve (their new record)

I may even sleep on this decision. It's just too easy to buy with this sale.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  25. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

I had the pleasure of filming and editing Todd Snyder for a segment on The Spud Goodman TV show back on the 90’s. Very cool dude and ya, Todd would not approve. While it’s on a different album, he honored our request to perform my favorite hidden track of all time, Talkin’ Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:

Mr.Mustache, joelee, zphage and 3 others like this.