Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. So when you say you bought three and canceled two, how are you doing that? Adding 3 to the cart, then checking out and removing two or?

2. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

I just followed the lead of @GentleSenator who commented that he ordered three and then immediately went into his order and canceled two of them (there's a drop down menu that allowed me to change the number from 3 to 1). Originally my order was showing $25 in tax for the three albums but when I got the shipping notice, Target charged me the correct tax. Give it a try.

Edit: the original order totaled $283.58. So they divided that by three and came up with the $94.53 figure. Had they divided the pre-tax total by three and then taxed me on that amount, it would have come to $93.97. Not complaining.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

great to hear your order shipped. mine did this afternoon. very excited to get this one!

4. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

Thanks again, planning some orders, will add this!

5. Gianni Ovalsand

Gianni Ovalsand Forum Resident

Keep in mind that the current retail version of Rumours comes in two distinct mastering vinyl pressings under the same UPC. The more desirable version was mastered by Kevin Gray and, your host, Steve Hoffman. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

The easiest way to tell which one is the better sounding version (KG & SH) without opening the vinyl to read the dead wax, are the inclusion of the words “Pressed at Pallas” on the gold hype sticker. Unfortunately this can’t be accomplished thru Target.com or other online retailers. At my local Target, each record was the less desirable version.

Check out this video for more information-

Chris Bernhardt and Dignan2000 like this.
  6. hype

hype Forum Resident

If you're adding 3 of the exact same item people were having problems with the tax part in the last sale and this one. If you add 3 different items the tax is usually always spot on though. Then just cancel the other 2.

7. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Luckily, that's the one I got with the Target link. It def. says Pressed at Pallas. Thanks for making my heart skip a beat. :D

Gianni Ovalsand likes this.
  8. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Forgot about the upcoming Delicate Sound Of Thunder Releases. Going for the vinyl and deluxe box. Just need to figure out if I'll fill it out with a 3rd or do the order/cancel.

9. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

I'm now on a massive Floyd kick- I rashly loaded up on a bunch of them with this sale- after listening to Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets last night. That release is one of the best records I've gotten all year.

Nephrodoc and superstar19 like this.
  10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Bought more than I probably should have between this and Amazon’s 3 for 2 with rsd coming
    What’s weird is coletrane love surpreme wasn’t qualifying on the target sale

GentleSenator likes this.
  11. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

Anybody know how come they didn’t have Tom Petty’s wildflowers 3 LP reissue?

superstar19 likes this.
  12. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Very weird considering I bought it (and Ballads too) as a pre-order during the last sale!

GentleSenator likes this.
  13. hutlock

Amazon doesn’t carry it either, just the 7 LP version. Indie exclusive maybe? I know the 9 LP is...

superstar19 and GentleSenator like this.
  14. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

It’s strange doesn’t say it’s excluded but if you add it and 2 other items to cart only two of them show the offer being available. And it’s not part of Amazon’s sale either

superstar19 likes this.
  15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

for some reason i forgot to pre-order ballads during that sale, and now it's just sitting in my cart as the odd man out with no discount applied. oh well, it's not like $26.99 is a problem at all.

16. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

I think Amazon had to turn preorders off for it. I expect it will be sold out everywhere within the week, or so.

17. The Vinyl Lover

The Vinyl Lover Forum Resident

Nearly half of my Target LP purchases arrived with creases. Target does not have a consistent packaging, so let down, I’ll have to return 4-5 LPs...

18. hutlock

That sucks, sorry. I think all of mine have come in those fairly thin LP mailers, but they have done the job. I think if you read back in this thread you will see that the Return/Exchange is pretty simple with Target—hope it goes smoothly with you.

GentleSenator and superstar19 like this.
  19. hutlock

Huh, interesting. They don’t even seem to have a listing for it now when I just checked? Even if the preorders sold out surely they would still have on the site somewhere, right?

20. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Sorry to hear that. All mine came in good shape cosmetically except for an order I got yesterday - two Dire Strait MoFi's. Sadly both have seam splits starting at the top right opening of each side of the gatefold - Love Over Gold a bit worse than S/T. I can't replace because it's no longer in stock so I think I might live with it given the great deal. Worth noting the return policy is pretty long (I'm seeing by Feb 2021) so may be worth checking the back-in-stock notification for something you're looking for a replacement on.

21. hutlock

I know some folks back during the last sale were being told to keep the records and got the refund too. So I would definitely call on the Dire Straits just in case! What’s the worst that could happen?

22. hutlock

Yeah, just checked and told it to include Out of Stock items too — they list the 2CD, 4CD and 7 LP. That’s it. Weird.

23. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

i didn’t have this experience with any of the 9-10 LPs and box sets I got last go around. My Love Supreme had a minor seam split but everything else was perfect. Honestly better than the stuff I’ve been getting from Amazon recently in plastic bags.

only issue I’ve had is my Archives order being cancelled. Ha! And a Diamond dogs I got last time was red vinyl whee I expected black. Meh. Sounded awesome. Check the UPCs.

yeah the two and cancel thing is legit. Got the Buffalo Springfield LP set for $70 and Dylan Bootleg Series 1-3 for $50 in the last sale. Both arrived perfect condition although the BS set was delayed a few times. It is pretty close to gone from retailers and limited so I was actually surprised they tracked one down and then sent it at a 33/13% discount.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  24. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

What is everyone else getting? I just grabbed the two AS Nina Simone preorders and then Return to Greendale was FREE.

will prob make a couple more orders and grab a few more Neil archives reissues I don’t have and also grab a few more of the Bowie 2018 remasters. I feel like I keep buying those and there’s still like 10 I need.

the fun thing about this sale is that random stuff pops up. I had no clue the Cardigans even did a LP reissue of First Band on the Moon until it popped up on the ‘more like this’ tab at the bottom of the last sale. This time thinking about Tim Finn. Kind of a bizarre collection they solicit.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    hutlock likes this.
  25. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Just chatted with them - they initially said to return for a full refund and I asked if they could do anything else as the records weren't damaged and they offered a partial refund - add'l 20% off the order. More than happy for what basically amounts to 47% off for some (albeit significant) seam splits.

hutlock likes this.