Alien / Predator Movies Poll!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aar Gal, May 7, 2020.

1. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Somehow I highly doubt that The Mouse can do Predator justice at all.

I think it worked in the first film because the merc guys besides Arnold were kind of d-bags anyway. We were supposed to like and identify with the motley misfits of the 2018 film, so their toilet humor didn’t come off as well.

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Arnold’s team were basically expendables, now the 2018 crew were first class - d-bags. :D

3. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I mean, they’re all basically fodder for the creature to kill off. To me, the mercs of the original film weren’t meant to be particularly likable, which I thought was a good narrative choice. But the vibe I got from the 2018 flick is that we were meant to like the screwball cast more. Could just be my misinterpretation though.

alexpop likes this.
  4. alexpop

Original crew were real mercenaries ( 1987), liked the characters myself. The 2018 motley crew? I didn’t find the script funny, or the characters endearing. So I’m going for the 1987 asss kicking guys, with bad table manners. :)

5. alexpop

What about The Thing ( John Carpenter ) how does that compare with Alien.

“Mac .. wants the flame thrower”.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  6. Django

Django Forum Resident

I'd like to ALF vs ET.
    Make it happen Hollywood.

7. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Original Predator even though probably every kid for ten blocks seen it together and all say I fell asleep.I did not fall asleep,I was trying to stay comfortable in those backbreaking chairs in that second run theater!
    As a young kid I was underwhelmed with the original Alien but Aliens the sequel was huge to me.The other Predators and Alien III were awful.I really liked the Alien prequels quite a bit I must say.

8. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Up there,up in those trees,you see it?

9. StuJM84

StuJM84 Forum Resident

Alien/Aliens/Predator

Its a coin toss for Alien 3 if the Dir cut from the blurry, or Predator 2

10. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

this

Deuce66 likes this.
  11. alexpop

Billy.

steveharris likes this.
  12. alexpop

King Willy :)

13. alexpop

Good news for Predator fans Disney wants to reboot Predator with Robert Rodriguez directing and Quentin Tarantino ( hopefully) doing the script. Disney wants to bypass Shane Black’s effort.
    www.wegotthiscovered.com

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    polchik likes this.
  14. alexpop

Didn’t mind RR production on 2010 Predators.
    But.. with a bigger budget, maybe we can get part two of (2010) Predators with Royce and Isabelle leaving the planet.

15. alexpop

See Marvel Comics have bought the rights for Alien & Predator. Could see The Predator in MCU. Ha! Disney own MCU now.

16. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Second best Arnold line ever

17. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Really? Wow. Mixed feelings for me. Predator is not a super hero, nor really a villain.. From this perspective it seems to be a major step back.

On the other hand, the Predator creature has been seriously wasted overall. The original film was a great statement. The second movie has its fans all these years later, but as would become par for the course, it was largely a wasted opportunity. Predator coming to a city should have torn it up. Instead we got voodoo. None of the Alien v. Predator movies have been worthy, imo. They're terrible, actually. Then we had Predators - more rubbish. And the last movie, which they really should have had the good sense to burn before anyone saw it, was a dud.

I was always nervous when they combined Alien with Predator, the whole comic book mentality does nothing for either character in my opinion. I'd of liked a darker path for both. If they put Predator in a super hero movie - well, nothing good will come of it......

18. alexpop

Disney / Marvel has already got a Predator comic with Iron Man’s head cut off blood spurting out. A taster methinks.Maybe Disney wants to get dirty.

19. alexpop

First : Run for the choppa. LOL

20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Disney "The Dark Side Division" for adults only. :righton:

21. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Yes...why would they do that ? Sane thing in ' Covenant '
    " The air is breathable! I'm taking off my helmet ! "

Even more stupid is the idea they are going to stay on this totally unknown planet ( with its breathable air ) after the company has invested billions of dollars finding a specific planet and outfitting a ship with people to colonize it.

alexpop likes this.
  22. alexpop

Prefer the unrated AVP ;Alien vs Predator version which is 8 minutes longer than the theatrical cut.

23. alexpop

Predator 5

Is getting made. Set in the past ..
    American natives vs Predator. Guess a smaller budget, Disney production with Dan Trachtenberg “10 Cloverfield Lane “ The Boys “ directing it.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  24. Moonbeam Skies

Moonbeam Skies Forum Resident

I like anything with the aliens in it because they are ugly and gross. I voted for Alien, Aliens, Predator and Alien vs. Predator. I loved all that I saw, but I never saw the last 4 films in the poll.

25. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

No way.........

"I'll be back" is his greatest line ever I reckon