Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Runcibletune

Runcibletune Forum Resident

I know the girls, almost certain it wasnt pre planned, they make shirts like those for every show, and those were just copies of the design they did for 'I dont know' at the abbey road gig. As for knowing the words, it was previewed on Sirius days before, I had the mp3s a couple of days before the grand central show and knew the words too.

Zongadude likes this.
  2. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

Which John is that ?
    John Lennon ?
    The guy who put out an expensive Wedding Album box set full of photographs of a birthday cake inside a thin pvc slipcase , bits and pieces of stuff, photo strips, etc.... early in his career ? ;)

AppleCorp3, Seltarb, jricc and 10 others like this.
  3. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

An asteroid may be hitting the earth first week of November. Otherwise, we’re good. ;)

Alen, planckera and tug_of_war like this.
  4. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

No no, it's three asteroids hitting the Earth by the third week of November...

5. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

A triple threat! ;)

tug_of_war likes this.
  6. caesarrocking

caesarrocking Forum Resident

Paul is a great performer, who knows how he can entertain an audience live or on records, and he does often have good and creative promotion ideas. No doubt about that. But the popular "Paul is the best PR man" trope is still just a myth, and although his team's actions are approved by him (Obviously?! Nowhere have I said otherwise.), it's not all him. Come on. I was reacting more to what the linked article was about, which was attempting to portray Paul as some sort of a sneaky, trained business man, who knows how modern day marketing and promotion work. But he most certainly does not. And quite possibly the author of the article – who is also in advertising, knows that too, but he also knows what the right headline is like.

Being able to create Sgt Pepper's as a grand, beautifully presented concept, having some out-there ideas ("Hey, how about a concert here?" and the likes), smiling on stage (really?) vs building a well-thought-out, professional media campaign which takes the public's behavioral patterns, the tricks of boosting sales, the current trends, statistics and so on into consideration, do not require the same skills. Creative artist/entertainer vs professional marketer/promoter. Not that hard to see the difference. Paul clearly does not qualify for the latter – and thank god he doesn't. He comes from the old-fashioned Hollywood attitude, which means that in public he's usually polite, generous and kind and on top of that he also knows how to rock and he lives for the music. But that's about it. Kindness, creativity and energy don't turn someone into a salesman or a promoter. He has several professionals who are working for him in those roles and just like everyone else in the business he consults with them regularly and they work together. He doesn't appear to be keen on doing the grandiose, he's quite the opposite actually, he's very low-key if you compare him to other artists of the same caliber. And I personally believe he dreads doing too much publicity. However, he knows it's necessary and so to make it more bearable he likes to keep things fresh around himself and I think he does get a kick out of the energy and the adoration he receives from a crowd. But if he was the PR mastermind people claim him to be, he wouldn't have had one of the most modest, secret celeb weddings of the 20th century, wouldn't have avoided the press for almost about 2 years after the breakup of the Beatles, wouldn't have gone for almost a decade without appearing on a single talkshow with a live audience, wouldn't have gone back to playing universities for a few bags of coin. Etc.

As for John's dislike of daft and cheesy memorabilia, the reproduction of the marriage certificate included in the Wedding Album says hi.:wave: But someone else was already faster than me:

John (and Yoko) had by far the most affinity when it came to marketing – see the peace campaign which people are still unfortunately buying into, so I think he wouldn't mind owning a pair of Flaming Pie oven mitts, I heard they are good for baking bread. :)

Bottom line is, Paul is insanely talented at just about everything, except acting and mass marketing. But neither of those is his job, so I think he's doing okay.

7. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

Keep dreaming guys. I just rolled all these dice, but one of them was a six:

[​IMG]

I know there's a lot of sound, solid evidence, but I'm choosing to focus on this tiny fluke to discredit the whole thing until there's a press release.

;)

8. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Which one is the Deluxe Edition? ;)

Joost van Gijzen and tug_of_war like this.
  9. EgyptStationHolland

EgyptStationHolland Forum Resident

I really like the 'dice' icon to be honest. But I think it will appear in a subtle way in the artwork, just like the Egypt-Station logo that was teased at first. I think that the dice-logo will be printed on the CD/vinyl label, on the side of the CD/LP cover and just a photo of Paul with 'McCartney III' on the cover. What do you guys think?

omikron, Who Cares, Alen and 8 others like this.
  10. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

That'll be the 2 disc version ;)

11. EgyptStationHolland

There will be a experimental track with unintelligible lyrics, these lyrics will be revealed once you completed the jigsaw-puzzle from the super-deluxe-McCartneyIII-pre-order edition. :p

Alen, idreamofpikas and tug_of_war like this.
  12. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

Yes could be in the title on the sleeve, the III remplaced by the dice with a 3

13. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

I’m willing to bet the die will appear after McCartney on the album cover title.

Dice color variations to distinguish bonus tracks, etc.

14. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

As McCartney's voice is not as it used to be, I wonder whether he would use the studio style voice retuner facility, or keep it natural as a true McCartney lll album should be?

Unfortunately, I think if he goes the natural and appropriate way, the album will be a mistake. Keep the feel of a stripped back McCartney lll, but change the vocals, otherwise it won't sound that good sadly.

15. caesarrocking

caesarrocking Forum Resident

Less confident in the studio? :confused: A year earlier he sang lead on 7 songs out of 15 on the Decca tapes – quite fantastically. (While the "undisputed leader" of the group appears as a lead singer on only 4 tracks.) I think the man's level of confidence and leadership was just fine, no matter what year we are talking about.
    I definitely agree, it seems like a great logo, easily identifiable and very memorable, but maybe it's just a detail of the final artwork. I personally would love to see a die with three on each of its sides appear somewhere... Honestly, the possibilities with this theme are endless. With Egypt Station we had train tickets and pyramids, I can't wait to see what they've come up with now!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Alen, anthony_beat, coco77 and 3 others like this.
  16. EgyptStationHolland

Maybe the middle-dot of the dice, printed on the label will be the hole in the vinyl record. :laugh:

17. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

What tha hell??? I like his current, deeper voice and I hope he's exploring his lower range more on this album, like he did so effortlessly on "Early Days" - LOVE his voice on that song.

18. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

19. EgyptStationHolland

Maybe there will be a short launch-video in which we will see a dice rolling. When it shows * we will see a glimpse of McCartney I, when the dice rolls further and shows ** we will see the McCartney II cover and when it stops on *** we will finally see the McCartney III artwork accompanied by a small instrumental audio-snippet from the album. I think this will be a great way to show a final hint before the first single is released.

20. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

21. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

That was clearly retuned. Listen to Kisses on the Bottom to hear how bad his voice had deteriorated. I think he started tweaking his recorded voice after that.

tug_of_war likes this.
  22. EgyptStationHolland

I believe that its a good thing McCartney didn't have many appointments or tourdates when he recorded this album. His voice could take enough rest and he could re-do every vocal take whenever he wants. Although his voice is not what its used to be, he still is a perfectionist and he will try his best. His voice might be tweaked here and there, but I don't think thats a problem. We can hear some sort of 'layer' on his Frank-sinatra's party-vocals for instance or the 'Hunt You down' song for Egypt Station. And I thought that wasn't problematic at all.

23. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

The Suitcase Edition could include a board game.

24. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I wouldn't say more, but just as much!
    I listen to Kisses all the time, I don't hear this great deterioration in his voice, certainly not his prime but his voice sounds just fine on Kisses?!
    If this album is actually happening, I hope and pray McCartney doesn't go the weird experimental route, it could be his last and I would want it to be one of his very best accessible to the masses not just a fringe corner of his fan base.

jricc and foxylady like this.
  25. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

I don't mind McCartney tweaking his voice if it means we get more new music from him. He has nothing to prove and his musicianship is as great as ever. I also applauded Allan Clarke, formerly of The Hollies who after years away due to his faltering voice, made a comeback using technology that he openly admitted made it all possible to record again.

idreamofpikas likes this.