Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

just one of mine has been delivered from this sale and both records in the 2-LP set were dished. i went through the return process and got the "we'll refund you, just keep/dispose of the records" response. i'm not sure how it's determined, but it has to be some combination of price paid and in-stock status?

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  2. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Interesting. What title was it/how much was it? I’m assuming it wasn’t in stock anymore?

I’ve had 4 issues so far:
    • Art Blakey - Just Coolin’ came warped. Went through the Fix An Issue and requested a replacement since it’s still in stock. It told me I did not have to return the old one. A $19 listed price record (pre-sale)
    • Fleetwood Mac - Rumours came warped. Went through same process but they said I needed to send it back before they would send a replacement. Weird as it’s not much more than Just Coolin’ and it’s the same issue. It wasn’t bad enough for me to go deal with the hassle of a return. A $22 record (pre-sale)
    • (2) Dire Straits MoFi’s with split seam covers. Both now OOS. Same process as above but it’s not in stock so only option is a refund. Was prompted to return before I get my refund. Went on online chat because these aren’t in stock anymore and records play fine. Was given same response initially but pressed for something else and they gave me 20% off order. (2) $50 records (pre-sale)
    Wonder if it’s a price threshold thing or even just how many times they’ll give it to you before saying nah, send it back before we just give you your money back. Curious as to other people’s experiences.

3. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Ordered Thursday night at 9:18 and received today at 11:58! Now that's service. Go Target. Next to it is Morgan's The Cooker from Amazon for $ 21.38 (thanks to the heads up by @Dignan2000).

[​IMG]

Twinsfan007, Davidmk5, Tjazz and 3 others like this.
  4. Dignan2000

Dignan2000 Forum Resident

Congrats @Dr. J.! I’m shocked that you were able to get a MoFi One-Step in the 3 for 2 Sale (plus incorporate the @GentleSenator cancellation move). I thought for sure this would go the way of the $2.99 Volume 2 copies of Neil Young’s Archive series.

GentleSenator, hutlock and Dr. J. like this.
  5. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

Good for you! I preordered a copy during the summer sale and still have not received it. I just keep receiving the late night “do you still want this item” messages. I hope this is a sign that my Mingus copy is on the way. Please let us know how it is

hutlock and Dr. J. like this.
  6. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

I think when they sell out of a title in pre-order they don't necessarily get it back in for a while...

hutlock likes this.
  7. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Maybe the trick is not ordering 60 copies idk

8. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Wow, a big box with just 1 LP and 1 CD. No cardboard inside, just plastic air bags. Big 14 x 11 x 20 box. UPS

LPs could get damaged with this type of shipments.

longdist01 likes this.
  9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

of all my target orders this has happened once. it's very strange. thankfully i think mine came from a local distribution center so not far to go.

10. hype

hype Forum Resident

I might have mentioned this here the last sale but figured i'd throw it out there again. There's an app called slice (also a website slice.com) on android that collects all your shipped packages so you can keep track of them all easier and they have a price drop feature which alerts you when anything you bought lowers in price within I believe 30 days of purchase. I've now gotten partial refunds after the fact because of it from the last few b2g1 sales. They compose the email for you and everything just basically click send and in about 24 or so hours you'll get it back.

If someone just wants just the template i'll put that below and you can send it manually which i'm sure will yield the same result.

11. Hogues

Hogues Forum Resident

I'd rather have that than the last three LP's that I received from amazon. They all came in a resealable clothes bag with no padding at all. Shockingly, the jackets of all three were crumpled. I didn't open them but I assume that the records themselves weren't in great shape.

longdist01 likes this.
  12. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Bah, the new Blue Notes series are on pre-order from Target now. Were they there during the sale?

13. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

The first two, Real McCoy and Sidewinder were. I grabbed them since I figured I could always return if it wasn’t worth keeping. Are the others listed too?

14. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Just those two, as far as I could find. You acted wisely, considering that you can just cancel a pre-order if they turned out to be a bust. I should have listened to scuttlebutt. I'll just have to settle for the $500+ of records that I bought and pre-ordered during the sale. :cool:

15. My Mingus MoFi OneStep arrived today. Well packed in a United (URP Distribution - Major wholesaler for record shops) box that was sent from Memphis where URP is to Target. I wonder if URP and Target work together to fill orders?

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  16. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

My last Target LP (just one, not a box like the Mingus) came in one of those patented “Frustration Free” mailers. Does URP make those?

Funny though that they put extra tape on the mailer, which made it anything BUT frustration free to open LOL. BUT I do appreciate that they are making extra effort.

TheVillageRecorder likes this.
  17. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

I love these mailers

hutlock likes this.
  18. hutlock

I normally do too! But they wrapped tape around the part you are supposed to pull to make it easy to open LOL

Dignan2000 likes this.
  19. Biff Jones

I ordered the Mingus Ah Um MoFi One Step at the beginning of August. After two months of late night delayed shipping date notices (log in right now to reaffirm that you want something you already ordered or we are going to cancel your order!!), I thought I’d finally get the album when I saw that other Forum members had received their copies. My most recent notice promised delivery by Oct. 23. Instead another late night notice appeared listing the title as “backordered” with delivery by Nov. 6.

This is beyond frustrating. Target fulfilled new customer orders from last week while leaving mine “backordered.” I opened a case with Target customer service, but all they could do was affirm that the Mingus One Step is listed as sold out on their web page. I’m afraid I’ll never get the record. It does not appear to be available anywhere else. Have others on the Forum had similar experiences with Target on the Mingus MoFi One Step?

20. hutlock

That is terrible. Hope you wind up getting a copy. I’m not sure how their ordering system works but clearly there is something very wrong there.

GentleSenator and Biff Jones like this.
  21. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

You are not going to want to hear this, but I have had problems twice with pre-orders during Target sales. In each case I waited and waited and when I eventually complained they just cancelled the order, despite my telling them I still wanted the item.

oldjollymon and Biff Jones like this.
  22. Do you have an order confirmation # and email from when you placed the order?

Biff Jones likes this.
  23. Biff Jones

Thanks to all for your comments. The order is not in dispute. I shared the order number and email correspondence with customer service. The representative, “Jeff,” assigned it a case number, and promised to look into the situation. Nonetheless, I have little hope of ever seeing the record. I take this as a cautionary tale. Whereas I have successfully bought dozens of lps from Target during the recent sales, for important purchases I need to stick with the established vendors - Plaid Room, Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, Music Direct, for example. Other suggestions will be welcomed. I will report back if I ever see the record.

TheVillageRecorder and hutlock like this.
  24. hutlock

Yeah, stuff like this that has a lead time that you know is going to fluctuate seems to give Target trouble. Not sure why, but I think sticking to safer sellers is a very good idea. It sucks because of the sales and all, but I guess it is what is at this point.

Biff Jones likes this.
  25. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Yes, I have the same experience somewhat. I actually ordered back in February. It was a preorder at that time. It was supposed to be delivered in May. I was aware of the delay in pressing this and that it would be delayed but I kept my eye on the order. In May I got a "preparing to ship" change in status and at some point I called just to make sure they knew I still wanted it. It remains in that "preparing to ship" status to this day. So although, I am happy for those who got it I am still disappointed with Target for this as I could have ordered it elsewhere had I known. I actually truly wanted to be fair about it and not end up with two even though I knew I could sell for a higher price if I did end up with a second one but thought let others have a chance at "normal" prices.

Biff Jones likes this.