Abbott and Costello

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bob Furmanek, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Forum Resident Thread Starter

longdist01 likes this.
  2. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

Bob Furmanek likes this.
  3. Bob Furmanek

Fantastic, Davosco!

Please share your thoughts when you've had a chance to check it out.

If anyone else is interested in this special limited edition, it's selling fast so don't hesitate!

4. jeffmackwood

jeffmackwood Forum Resident

Has it sold out? The posted link to buy does not seem to work.

Thanks.

Jeff

5. Bob Furmanek

6. jeffmackwood

Thanks Bob.

Unfortunately that site's another one of those frustratingly US-only ones, and there appears to be no way that I can order from and deliver to Canada. (I will use their contact form to see if there's a workaround.)

I'll make a note to check for other sources, new and used, in future and hopefully I can snag a copy.

Jeff

ps. I'm a big A&C fan and have copies of all of their movies. I bought a copy of your book when it first came out. It's a terrific, informative, and highly entertaining read!

7. Bob Furmanek

8. jeffmackwood

9. Bob Furmanek

Fantastic, thank you SO much Jeff!

The reviews have been very positive and I hope that you enjoy our restoration.

10. Bob Furmanek

Today is Bud Abbott's birthday and I want to announce a very exciting project.

Production began on July 9, 1951 at the Hal Roach Studios on Bud and Lou's first color feature film. To commemorate the 70th anniversary, I am thrilled to announce a deluxe 70th anniversary restoration of JACK AND THE BEANSTALK!

[​IMG]

You will once again have an opportunity to help us with certain aspects of this restoration and more details will be announced very soon. We've already begun work on scanning 35mm archival materials, including the only surviving 35mm color camera negative footage!

[​IMG]

This deluxe Blu-ray and DVD will be released next summer by ClassicFlix and will be loaded with outstanding bonus features. We already have A&C expert Ron Palumbo on board to provide another fascinating commentary track. Rest assured, this will truly be THE definitive restoration of the first color Abbott and Costello film.

Fear nothing; if you liked our work on AFRICA SCREAMS, you're going to love our restoration of JACK AND THE BEANSTALK!

[​IMG]

11. Bob Furmanek

budwhite likes this.
  12. Bob Furmanek

13. jeffmackwood

Thanks Bob.

Pledge just made - even though you've already met the goal.

Jeff

Bob Furmanek and longdist01 like this.
  14. Bob Furmanek

Wonderful, thank you very much Jeff.

Check out today's update for the first stretch goal. We only need to sell 15 additional copies of the Blu-ray to make it happen!

15. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

What amount do you need to get the Blu-ray?

16. Bob Furmanek

The Blu-ray is a $35.00 pledge plus $5.00 for domestic first class shipping.

17. Bob Furmanek

Stretch goal #2 was just announced!

[​IMG]

Chip TRG likes this.
  18. Bob Furmanek

Check out today's update for our third stretch goal: ABBOTT AND COSTELLO TRAILER RARITIES.

We need to sell 35 additional copies of the Blu-ray in order to reach this goal.

Please share the campaign!

19. Bob Furmanek

October 30, 1940 - Eighty years ago!

[​IMG]

If we can sell just three more Blu-ray's, the extremely rare original 1940 trailer for TROPICS - with the text overlays - will be included on the BEANSTALK disc!

dangiedr likes this.
  20. Bob Furmanek

Exciting news on the JACK AND THE BEANSTALK restoration: actor David Stollery will be sharing his memories of working with Bud and Lou! Check out today's update for more information: Update 16: Exciting News! · Help Restore Abbott and Costello's JACK AND THE BEANSTALK!

[​IMG]

There's less than two weeks to go on the campaign. If you want to be part of the project and see your name on-screen in the Restoration credits, please make a pledge now!

cloggedmind and JohnO like this.
  21. Bob Furmanek

22. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I just bought the complete collection on dvd I'm easy to please.

23. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

I fear NOTHING when I am in the right!

24. Bob Furmanek

JACK AND THE BEANSTALK was inspired by Lou's two year old daughter, Chris Costello. While reading the classic story to her, Lou felt the timeless tale would make a delightful vehicle for Abbott and Costello's many young fans.

Generations have now grown up enjoying this classic film and we are SO happy that you are helping us to restore and preserve it for future generations. Please continue to share the news about this campaign so that more people will have an opportunity to contribute and see their name on-screen in the Restoration credits.

Thank you!

[​IMG]

25. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

Got my pledge in early on. Looking forward to it.

Bob Furmanek likes this.