Grateful Dead Dave's Picks 2021 Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jackstraw78, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

Just reupped, my second year in a row.

2. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

[​IMG]

3. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

What does $1K get you in Brooklyn these days?

frightwigwam and Ray29 like this.
  4. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

It may be odd, but once I buy something I never check what happens to its value. I buy music to play, and I'm not going to allow the market to interfere with my enjoyment one way or another. If I want to play something a lot, that's just what I'll do.

Life's too short not to take enjoyment out of the things you are fortunate enough to acquire. Anyway, everything you gather is just more that you can lose...

5. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I heard about that accident. My partner works in Oakland and luckily she found out about it and took alternate route.
    Loved Colorado for the time I lived there. So much outdoors to do, so many great places to have a beer and bike and ski or snowboard if that’s your thing.

and don’t be confused, just listen to the music play.

6. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

10 Subscriptions to Dave’s for the year. ;)

7. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

It's hard when a daughter makes a big change that take them physically further away from Papa. Or when we make such a change.

Denver is a good town and she'll get to experience proper snow and single digit weather real soon, plus the snow will help quench the fires.

Sorry about your journey through the insanity of the East Bay.

8. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

I'm in again. Have been since DaP 5. Missed the whole first year. What was I thinking?

9. John AB

John AB Forum Resident

I don’t know if anyone is watching the World Series but they are playing grateful dead elevator music when they go to Commerical. I just heard west la fadeaway and last night they played Althea

10. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

Yes I noticed too that last night they played West LA Fadeaway and some Phish as well. Really strange. Somebody on Fox seems to be a head

11. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

It's this guy...

Jake Jolly (@jjolly74) on Twitter

12. frightwigwam

frightwigwam Talented Amateur

And Jake tweeted on October 21:

FYI... Spinning the good (music emoji) tonight in the World Series are
    @bryan_biederman
    and
    @joecarp4
    They are a part of the growing Grateful Family on PHOX.

footlooseman, Jamcoy and ianuaditis like this.
  13. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

A Foxhead?

14. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Yeah, I dunno. I think it just goes to show how mainstream the GD have become since 2015. Waaaaaay more in the regular culture than they ever were from 1965 - 1995.

I doubt that you’ll ever hear Dark Star, Feedback or Caution on those sports breaks however...

15. Duffy Shrimpton

Duffy Shrimpton Forum Resident

Is THAT right, my son, is that right?
    We was down in Darling Downs back in yonks...Dabney and Lysergic Simon was runnin' a" import/export" business outta Queensland they was
    ...Simon had met Magoo in the bloody scrubbs back in the mid-70's..Magoo had a mate makin' Ibogaine Sulphate outta Toowoomba bloody
    university chem lab or some such twaddle...be that as it may, my son...The Cornwall lads near choked on that Aussie shambles in a pint they was
    pullin down at the public in Cambooya....The welders dog it was, mate...tasted like a bloody frog in a sock it done...ya NEED to come to the midlands fer a
    right proper pull and a session with the lads...just watch yer dosh, mate....watch yer dosh....Cornwall lads WILL do ya's right then, doos ya right indeed!

16. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Aye, me aad marra, sounds a reet canny nite oot man. We’ll gan an get propa mortal.

uzn007, US Blues and budwhite like this.
  17. garymc

garymc Forum Resident

From one of my favorite Christmas albums. Brave Combo, a Texas band.....alt-rock-polka. Fantastic band, and really fun live.

Butch1970 likes this.
  18. garymc

garymc Forum Resident

more than in a while.....median rent in NYC has dropped below $3,000 for the first time in many years. Covid virus related.....

Ray29, US Blues and ianuaditis like this.
  19. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

I’d pay the $106.60 for just the 4/15/78 show with 90 minutes of bonus stuff from another show on that tour. I’m taking a crazy guess and hoping/thinking they add stuff from the not often talked about 4/18/78 show including the long Sugaree and the rare Scarlet>Dancing from the second set. Maybe also the LL>Supplication as well as the Loser, Jed & Terrapin - that makes almost 90 minutes if they add the Samson

20. jmadad

jmadad Forum Resident

YouTube video

SJR likes this.
  21. DrLunchbox

DrLunchbox Forum Deadhead #1604

Same here. Although I hope my kids will appreciate my collection when I'm gone. Hopefully I'll have another 3-5 decades of collecting in the meantime.

22. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I grabbed the Buffalo vinyl box yesterday, my local had it for $120. I had a 10 dollar coupon plus 10 percent off so decent deal considering. Pretty sure Cornell was under $100 ?
    And to my surprise UPS delivered my Get Shown The Light box this morning (how is this still in print?) !
    now I have my choice of formats for the Buffalo show.

Zafu, Crispy Rob, uzn007 and 2 others like this.
  23. ishkabibble

ishkabibble Forum Resident

That's the music-only edition and I think they made a lot of those. It'll be around for a while.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  24. Grateful Griller

Grateful Griller Forum Resident

Just got the Buffalo vinyl set as well. Assuming is from same source as CD box set but somehow sounds better to me....probably me just wanting to justify buying a more expensive/less convenient copy of a show I already own...but glad I have it!

Crispy Rob likes this.
  25. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

It should sound better than the CDs. The vinyl is from the high res files and Norman usually use less compression on those

uzn007 and Grateful Griller like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.