Mobile Fidelity's Run DMC "Raising Hell" 45 RPM and SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George P

George P Notable Member

I completely agree with both of you! :wave:

The Hud and Echoes Myron like this.
  2. poe_man

poe_man Senior Member

Anyone have current info on the vinyl? Seems it was removed from Music Ditect's site. Bummer if it has been canceled.

3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Possibly. Shoot them a messege?

4. cporcp

cporcp Forum Resident

Original Priority 1st presses are out there and not too expensive - I just paid $25 US for a minty one that sounds great.

Beamish13 and mpayan like this.
  5. John D.

John D. Senior Member

I would like to think that MD would contact people that pre-order an item that has been canceled. My Run DMC vinyl pre-order still says backordered. also still showing in my wishlist.

poe_man and MisterBritt like this.
  6. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

John D's dog looks like its talking to cporcp's dog :D

cporcp, hi_watt and poe_man like this.
  7. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Looks like they might be related. :agree:

cporcp and mpayan like this.
  8. Beach House

Beach House Forum Resident

I called they oversold it so it was temporarily taken down. Now to see whos orders get fulfilled.

poe_man and Echoes Myron like this.
  9. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

I canceled my 45 rpm pre-order, so there’s one more that somebody else can have!

10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Did they say there would be a repress? Or is it one run and done?

11. Beach House

Beach House Forum Resident

It was one of those "Strictly limited to 3K copies" like Cash I walk the line.

poe_man, mpayan and Echoes Myron like this.
  12. Dre327

Dre327 Well-Known Member

I put in a preorder with Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc today. Hopefully they get their cut...

13. TRS9082

TRS9082 Forum Resident

I know this hasn’t been released yet, but I already can’t wait for the “super vinyl” reissue...

14. Dre327

Dre327 Well-Known Member

Lol

15. Complier

Complier Senior Member

SACD ordered!

This release makes me very happy.

poe_man and George P like this.
  16. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

My not particularly helpful response from Music Direct:

Thank you for your email, Greg. I see that you have Run DMC - Raising Hell (Numbered 180g 45rpm Vinyl 2LP) pre-ordered however there is not an announcement of the release date to provide at this time.

I see that there are a lot of pre-orders submitted for this title and therefore the listing may have been removed from the website.

I can assure you that you have an order secured in our system and we will charge you at the time of shipping. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Thank you

Customer Service

MisterBritt and poe_man like this.
  17. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Looks like another pre-order sinking like a rock :shake:

18. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I just sent an email to Mofi. We’ll see if they have any more info.

John D. likes this.
  19. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

There have been many titles this year where the vinyl releases have lagged substantially behind the SACD releases. They will come.

20. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Mofi wasn’t any more helpful. “We don’t have a pre-order for you.” Yeah, I know, but what’s the hold up? Silence. Hopefully, as dkurtis says, they’ll show up eventually.

21. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Their wording makes it sound as if they have sold out on preorders.

22. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

According to Mike from the In Groove (supposedly he has an account here now but I don't know his username) that's exactly what happened. He said in one of his videos that they completely sold out so they removed it from Music Direct like they do on all other titles when they sell out.

23. John D.

John D. Senior Member

I wonder if this sold out on Music Direct site if Mofi site has held back any for sale? without free shipping or coupons, the Mofi site is better at making money. Glad I got a pre-order in @ MD before they pulled the plug on the 45rpm vinyl.

24. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Senior Member

Having read your correspondence a few times, I think I have an idea of what you are trying to communicate ~ more or less. To be clear, however, MusicDirect did not "pull the plug." If our report from The "In" Groove is correct, the album simply sold out during the pre-order (pre-release) stage. :)

Pull the Plug:
    1. INFORMAL -- prevent something from happening or continuing. "The company pulled the plug on the deal because it was not satisfied with the terms"

Similar: discontinue; wind up; stop; end; terminate; abort; bring to an end; put an end to; put a stop to; finish; bring to a halt; call a halt to; cancel; drop; dispense with; do away with; get rid of; abolish; suspend; interrupt; break off; phase-out; withdraw; abandon; give up; cease; refrain from; cut; axe; scrap; give something the chop; knock something on the head; leave off; pack in; quit; intermit
    2. 2. INFORMAL -- remove (a patient) from life support. "We'll be talking to people who pulled the plug on their mothers"

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  25. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Apologies, according the dictionary I did use the wrong word for what I was trying to convey, by saying pulled the plug, I was really trying to say that this tittle sold out way too fast @ MD.

MisterBritt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.