Fargo - Season 4 starring Chris Rock

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by modrevolve, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Try knowing a real human that looks exactly like that. :agree:

2. fairaintfair

fairaintfair I Buried Paul

This one is boring me to tears. And the ham fisted acting is certainly not helping the case much.

Oh well. Back to rewatching Patriot for me!

ssmith3046 likes this.
  3. I'm kind of the opposite. Ep. 4 started showing some of the cracks in the show. The first 3 were near flawless. But oh well, I'm in no way losing interest. It may not be as good as the other seasons in my books, but it's still damn good when you consider how much fluff is out there. Very enjoyable.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  4. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Anyone catch the Miller’s Crossing reference in last night’s episode?
    Ethelrida walks into the school office and asks the secretary, “What’s the rumpus?”

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I forgot I recorded episode 5.
    Watching Yellowstone, then the new Eagles Blu ray arrived today.
    Thanks !

6. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Man, after last night's (10/18) episode, I such the fish on the hook with this show. I think it's fabulous.

That cynical, yet crushingly true monologue that Josto delivered to Cannon's crew was such perfect writing -- it was written for the audience, of course, but it didn't take the actor out of character.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  7. The Bluto impression gets better and better every week.

8. I though he was the best character, and the best acted too, during this particular season.

9. It does not hurt that she is so attractive either.

10. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Not to write the story, but perhaps the Irish "rabbi" splits with Cannon's kid when the s**t gets real and heads to Kansas City, and this kid becomes Mike Milligan of 1979 from Season 2.

11. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Like that thought a lot. Let’s hope so.

12. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

She was superb in Brain Dead, real shame it only got 1 Season

BrainDead - Wikipedia

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

all caught up on season 4 now. it's so nice to see rock act. the cast is pretty dang great through-and-through. quite a bit slower paced than the last seasons, but i'm enjoying it still. here's hoping there's somehow, somewhere, someone that at least resembles mr. wrench.

14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

finally a killing.......and it was my favorite character.

15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

same here. what a name.

rogertheshrubber and badfinger54 like this.
  16. EddieMann

What an actor!

17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

this show has never been short on talent!

18. George P

George P Notable Member

That scene with him talking to his wife and mother in law was riveting!

19. EddieMann

I was talking about Glynn Turman lol.

GentleSenator and rjp like this.
  20. This week's episode was a bounce back episode over a slightly weakish episode that proceeded it. It was very good.

It's so different from other seasons of Fargo, yet I think it benefits this season. It might be a tad weaker than others seasons, but the showrunners still make it great.

I'm not too keen on Andrew Bird as an actor, though. His whole bedside talk with his daughter seemed totally unrealistic. Like, for a real, a father is going to tell his daughter where the fugitives are, but oh yeah, don't go seeking them out, as if he doesn't know his daughter. That's just putting his girl in harm's way. Of course that's also the poor writing in that part and not so much the acting.

Conversely, Jason Schwartzman captures the camera anytime he's on screen. The jailhouse speech was a thing of wonder. I noted that his character is very smart when it comes to businesses, yet dumb when it comes to woman, really too the point where he becomes childlike with the opposite sex. Could that be his possible downfall?

Chris Rock's stance, on the other hand, is equally shrewd on the business end, and probably more so, as he's bringing into his fold the Fargo group, as well as the fugitives. That's allies, while the Italians have none. They are splintered. The Irish fella, as smart as he is, thinks the Italians are going to win, but he doesn't know what's going down behind the scenes. Tisk Tisk.

It's a real war now.

trumpet sounds and marmalade166 like this.
  21. George P

George P Notable Member

I thought that season 3 was pretty weak. Maybe I should check it out again.

This season I am really enjoying.

22. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

So... am I right in thinking there is currently no way to (legitimately) watch this in the UK??

sound chaser likes this.
  23. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

For clarity -- I want to ensure I heard this correctly (I know, I could just watch again on demand, but...):

When Ebal returns from New York with new crew members, did he bring back Joe Bulo -- the Brad Garrett character from season 2 - - with him?

trumpet sounds and GentleSenator like this.
  24. EddieMann

That's the name I heard. Didn't put 2 and 2 together until you posted it.

GentleSenator likes this.
  25. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Thanks for confirming. So let's say, Joe Bulo was 21 years old in 1950 -- that would make him about 50 years old in season 2. That fits, right?

Another thing that's been confirmed since the lockdown and all this TV watching -- my eyes and ears are going to hell.

EddieMann likes this.