Schiit Sol frame dimensions

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Romany, Oct 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romany

Romany Active Member Thread Starter

Hello,

I'm considering adding Schiit Sol to my setup but not sure if its frame will fit on my current table platform (17"x14"). And since the table doesn't have a simple rectangular plinth it's hard to gauge its dimensions from the specs alone.

Hence I was hoping one of Sol owners could provide measurements from the frame/spindle center to the outer edges of its three legs. Based on the frame geometry, I should be able to figure out if it will fit or I need to consider getting a new platform.

Thanks!

2. Ripblade

Ripblade Forum Resident

Spindle (S) to the fullest extent of the CW is 12-1/2";
    S to left rear and left front leg is 6-3/4";
    S to outer extent of motor pod is 10-1/2" with the supplied belt.

17 x 14 will fit but it might not be oriented conveniently.

3. Romany

Thank you. Could you also let me know what is the distance from the spindle center to the outer edge of the right rear leg? The counterweight is of little concern to me since it can just overhang outside the platform.

4. Ripblade

Ripblade Forum Resident

It's about 11".

5. Romany

Thanks again. Yep, looks like it will fit but will have to be placed askew... No bueno. 14" is not deep enough.

6. Romany

If anyone has the same question, to accommodate the legs and the motor, the platform will need to be 16" x 15" minimum, presuming you don't mind the arm to overhand outside the platform. If your space is closed off on the sides, it looks like the table will require about 17.5" x 16.5" to fit while keeping the arm straight. Schiit lists 16.5" x 14" but that seems to be minimal space needed as long as you don't mind the arm to be slightly at an angle (and the counterweight will likely overhang outside that perimeter).

Full disclosure: since I don't own this turntable, my conclusion is only based on the diagram I had drawn using the dimensions provided above.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Wounded Land likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.