SH Spotlight FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours, heard it 1000 times, still love it! Our WB 45 & 33 1/3 RPM vinyl coming now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Where's the best place to order it guys?

2. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Acoustic Sounds works good for me.

I simply cannot wait for this one!

3. JoelDF

JoelDF Senior Member

4. paul cbc

paul cbc Senior Member

Steve & Co.,

This wave of lp's is like a dream come true. I'm still pinching myself and checking the announcement. :righton:

I pick up copies of this as I see them, hoping for a better pressing. I'm sure I've been through a dozen and have noted a wide variety of sounds.

I agree with you about the band knowing this was going to be big.
    Like a few other lp's that spring to mind:

RLJ, ST
    Carol King, Tapestry

The MAC knocks this one OUT of the park! Just one of those occasions when the planets/stars & vibe align at once. Very special.

We are VERY fortunate to have the Gray/Hoffman team working on these recordings. :thumbsup: :goodie: :thumbsup:

Keep 'em coming!
    Paul :)

5. Mellenhead

Mellenhead Active Member

This is GREAT news. I already have a vinyl copy of this but I'm DEFINITELY going to pick this up.

6. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

What's the scheduled date of release?

7. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

None yet.

8. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

When is this coming?:goodie:

9. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

The suspense is building!:thumbsup:

10. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

One of my favorites, Steve!

I can't wait to hear your magic dust on this one! :righton:

11. StylinLP

StylinLP New Member

Wow, I just found this thread after asking about this album on the main thread sticky announcement-Impressive! I gues I will have to order myself a copy. I allways thought my original pressing was perfect too.

12. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

Rumours may very well be THE perfect 70's pop-rock album. Please don't get hung up on the term pop-rock, y'all know what I mean. In any case, it's brilliant and upon Steve's recommendation I will be purchasing this new vinyl pressing.

13. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

I'll be picking it up from Music Direct as soon as it's released. :agree:

14. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

I recommend forum friend Dave from Vinyl Matters:
    http://www.vinylmatters.com/

Great service, and a super-nice guy! :thumbsup:

15. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Steve, as I just posted on the other thread (without having seen this one), one Canadian online vinyl dealer has had a listing for new sealed copies of Rumours for awhile now. These are listed as a Warner release (here's the link). I saw this and thought it was a re-issue done when the CD was remastered and the DVD-Audio released. However, you mentioned in the opening message of this thread that the album hasn't been cut for vinyl since the 80's. I see another Canadian dealer lists it as a German import. Are these perhaps still being cut in Europe from old masters?

16. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Welcome to the forum! Also nice to see another fellow Arizonan here too!:wave:

17. mtodde

mtodde New Member

I'm looking forward to this one...Rumors was the first album my parents had that I really got into.

18. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Your parents?

I'm feeling old!

19. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Probably a digital source.

20. johmbolaya

johmbolaya Active Member

This is one of those albums that has always been a favorite, even though it has sold what, 80 trillion copies at this point? It's definitely a "dollar bin" fine, and yet when I have found copies, I always make sure to get the one with the tree label (is there a name for that variation? "Burbank trees"?), figuring that it would be a pressing done before the next variation they come with.

I do know how much it has done, but didn't think about the idea of different pressings resulting in slight variations that would not only make each pressing unique, but far from the original master. I'd still like to get the DVD-A for this, but I want to hear this pressing too. Looking forward to picking it up.

21. Joe Nino-Hernes

Joe Nino-Hernes Active Member

This is one of my favorite albums! I can't wait to get it!

Steve, you must be having a blast with these albums! I can only imagine what its like to crack open the original master tape box, thread it up and hit play.

I just keep telling myself, someday I will be in that position!

22. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Hmmm, I'll probably only play the LP once. Of course, the rest of my listening will be from the resulting CD-R. :laugh: Can't wait for this one to come out! :righton:

23. Ben Sinise

Ben Sinise Forum Reticent

I'm also looking forward to this one. If it's an improvement on the fine sounding KP cut I already have it will be a sonic blockbuster.

24. windfall

windfall Senior Member

OK, that's it. Finally. Gotta get myself a turntable.

Stevie

25. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I have the target, but I have always thought that there is a little too much echo on Christine's piano and voice on Songbird? I am looking forward to the vinyl.