Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I used to think Chaos was boring, but that opinion certainly changed. I tend to need some albums to marinate before I can fully taste their flavors. And, I very rarely come to dislike something I formerly liked years ago. I only learn to appreciate and like more and more, and stuff like Beatles music actually grows, as amazing as that is.

Paulwalrus, Sargon, Who Cares and 5 others like this.
  2. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Im on your side here. Ou est Le Soleil should be taken care of by Lavatory Lil
    :)

3. Solaris Morse

Solaris Morse Forum Resident

April - June comes from the period that we (in the UK) were living under lockdown conditions. But he may well have added to the recordings in September when he had returned from the US.

4. Nothing4Free

Nothing4Free Forum Resident

"Lavatory Lil'", that name ringed a bell, found it : "My cousin Lil' comes home at 8, that's late for her"
    Macca finally finding a use for RTP ? ;-)

Paulwalrus, Lovich, Yorick and 6 others like this.
  5. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Comments can be left for each entry too for suggestions or detail corrections.

He checks regularly and makes updates. He's very good about wanting to get it right.

6. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

The Beatles Project is a very informative and reliable source.
    :)

7. Solaris Morse

Has Paul McCartney confirmed that the new album was recorded at his Hog Hill Studio or has it been assumed it was because of the publicity photos / film taken there in September? The reason why I ask is because under the lock down rules last Spring, Paul shouldn't have been travelling there from his home. Travelling to work at his recording studio (about a twenty minute drive away) was hardly 'absolutely necessary' and his 'job' probably could have been done at home.

• People are only allowed to leave the house for limited purposes
    Residents are only allowed to leave their homes to shop for basic necessities - and as infrequently as possible.

One form of exercise a day allowed - for example a run, walk or cycle - alone or with members of your household.

You can leave the house for any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.

Travelling to and from work is permitted, but only when absolutely necessary and your job cannot be done from home.

omikron likes this.
  8. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

See, that's the issue. If you're expecting a "masterpiece" from a McCartney branded McCartney album, you may be setup for disappointment.

Neither McCartney or McCartney II would be considered amazing albums in their own write, but they are very good albums, but are also both GROWERS.
    They've both been experimental and have been panned and praised by critics all over the world. Their reception is all over the spectrum.

Both albums have become iconic many years after their release. McCartney II didn't seem to receive the recognition it deserved until MANY years later.

When McCartney III hits, I can see critics (once again) being all over the place with their reviews. Some will call it a pleasant experience into Paul's experimental side, the likes we haven't seen
    since 2008's Electric Arguments. Others will pan it, saying it sounds like a handful of home demos from the "McCartney Vault" which maybe should have stayed locked up.

I can honestly see myself hearing it the first time and thinking, well, that was O.K.
    But after a few more listens, I won't be able to listen to anything else for a while because I'll REALLY like it!

I don't think McCartney III will be a smash hit right out of the gate... and that's alright mama!

9. Yes, but McCartney is "absolutely necessary" for the World!

10. In France, today, we begin a new lockdown. I will be in the right place to listen to the rockdown album!

Sargon, supermd, speedway and 6 others like this.
  11. GerardH

GerardH Well-Known Member

All the best!

12. Dr. Dog

Dr. Dog You can talk to me...

Just before our hard lockdown began (curfew from 8pm, no visitors, work from home or permit if you can't, home schooling, most shops shut) I bought a Tascam PortaStudio. I thought I might record. We're coming out of our lockdown now and it remains 22 years since I last recorded something.

Looking forward to Macca 3.

13. Martin de Dios

Martin de Dios Forum Resident

Man your web page was awesome, I used to check it almost every day!

14. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Has is only been 10 days since McCartney III was officially announced?!?! It feels a lot longer than that!

15. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

Seriously?? What are you going to do - call the police?!!

16. Bill813

Bill813 Forum Resident

Keep in mind, when the critics at Rolling Stone first did their top 500 albums in 2003, and again in 2012, Sgt. Pepper was #1. This year, RS went woke and dropped it to #24, behind Abbey Road (#5) and Revolver (#11). It's all subjective, and if a person likes something more or less than another, oh well. I don't need validation from music critics, and for certain they don't drive my decision to purchase. In the case of McCartney, I'm going to buy whatever he puts out anyway (in multiple color vinyl configurations).

17. servi

servi Forum Resident

How can we stop him?
    Grab the keys and lock him up
    If we can do it, we can save the day…

18. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Return To Peepeeland?

You know, I'm trying to remain mature here but you people keep lobbing up these softballs.

19. Solaris Morse

Bit too late for that now. But while some of us were obeying the rules and taking the pandemic seriously, old Macca was possibly ignoring them to make a 'pop record'. Did he need the money? Seriously? :D

Martin de Dios likes this.
  20. servi

servi Forum Resident

Gee, I wouldn’t buy this album if I were you. You may be complicit if it arose during criminal activities...
    And about the ever returning “did he need the money ?” question: sigh.......

21. Martin de Dios

Martin de Dios Forum Resident

He doesn't need the money, but we do need his music.

22. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

You may have other things to really worry about come Nov 4th, let alone Dec 11th.

23. servi

servi Forum Resident

The guy has given more money to charity than members on this whole forum will earn during their lifetime...

24. Dr. Dog

Dr. Dog You can talk to me...

We do indeed though my kids would disagree..

Sargon likes this.
  25. servi

servi Forum Resident

Sell them!