Where to get/order hi-fi digitized vinyl recordings?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sdfcnjwnqf, Jul 30, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sdfcnjwnqf

Sdfcnjwnqf New Member Thread Starter

Looking for a way to get my hands on 24-bit FLAC recordings of a couple of Sinatra vinyls (Nice n easy 2020 remix & MFSL Sinatra & Strings), without having to get my own turntable.

For the former I can't find digital recordings better than CD quality, and for the latter I've found no digital copies whatsoever.

If anyone knows of a service that does custom high-fidelity vinyl digitization, or just sells these already recorded, any help would be appreciated.

2. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

I doubt that anyone is legally allowed to offer such a service as vinyl digitisation openly. And I have never seen a digitised copy of the 2009 MFSL Sinatra & Strings floating around.

As you say, with Nice N Easy, there was a 2020 CD and there are 16/44.1 files to download, but no evidence of a hi-res version. Perhaps write to the label to see if they have plans?

3. zoltantamas

zoltantamas Forum Resident

I agree, "a friend of mine" (as always :D ) collects the MFSL LPs digitalized and SACDs by Sinatra ripped to files, and he never has never met a digitalized copy of Strings.

4. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

There is one way to do this. You buy the LP and then send it to one of the better known needle-drop experts whose names float around the internet. I can tell you who, if you want to ask.

c-eling likes this.
  5. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

OP bailed months ago.
    Since he only posted once, me think's he was after a free-bee :agree:

mr.datsun likes this.
  6. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

There is a person on MusicStack I think, BBQ something. He sells a service where he'll buy an lp for you, he'll do the needle drop, and then send you the lp and ND. I keep wanting to try him, but it's not cheap. Starts at like $50 or something. So then I think, meh, I'll just live with my crappy sounding CD, or I'll get my butt motivated enough just to ND it myself. But I stay curious ... :)

I think the best out there doing NDs, are true artists. "Do no harm," kind of thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.