30% off at Sound of Vinyl using code 30OFF

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by farewelltransmission, Apr 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

Here’s what I managed to snag with the extra 30% off, ten albums and a 45 for $160. Not too shabby.

Sturgill Simpson Dead Don't Die 7”

Sturgill Simpson Sailor's Guide to Earth

Eno Before & After Science

Stones Goats Head Soup (1LP + 7in)

Eno Film Music 1976-2020

Radiohead Moon Shaped Pool

VU White Light/White Heat 45th Anniversary Deluxe (Blue Limited Edition)

Soundgarden Louder Than Love (Orange Limited Edition)

The Velvet Underground & Nico (Yellow Limited Edition)

Soundgarden Down on the Upside (Mixed Limited Edition)

Tears For Fears The Seeds of Love

superstar19 likes this.
  2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Yeah, left 3 things in the cart and went to bed. :laugh: Luckily, I purchased some with the double discount. The Joni Mitchell price, really surprised me. Since I already have, I was still thinking of getting it. :help: Trying to get the next order to $50, messed up my last order.

3. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Hahaha, I just got a Soundofvinyl email that says

30% Off The Entire Store Starts Now!

... But instead of discounting items in the store, they give you the "HOLIDAY30" code, which isn't stackable.

They obviously didn't start the sale with the intention of doing that, so it looks like they must have realized they were losing a significant amount of money & called it off.
    In light of that, I'm kind of shocked that udiscover is still honoring the promos. That $10 off coupon basically cleared out everything in their inventory that was under $15. They've basically been giving stuff away for 4 days now.

mrjinks and Tjazz like this.
  4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i doubt they're losing money. these are the labels themselves, after all.

5. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Get 30% off storewide when you use the code HOLIDAY30
    This came in email today.
    Anybody know any stacking tricks with these folks?
    New email will usually get you 15% but it takes few days to come through and I don't know if it stacks?

6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Don’t think stacking works with them, because they don’t discount their prices FIRST, like uDiscover does. So you can use a newbie signup discount code OR you can use their 30% code. UDiscover drops prices on almost everything, and then you can sometimes stack on top of that. But neither let you use more than one code.
    Corrections welcome.

hutlock and Briskit like this.
  7. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

If you’re an Elvis Costello fan, or know one, the 7” edition of the Look Now album is here for about $56 with the discount factored in.

8. soam

soam Forum Resident

Thanks. Just read about this on reddit. Had never ordered from them before, but found a couple of Boillat Therace Quintet re-releases I had been looking for. Lots of stuff sold out but still some bargains to be had....

9. hubertfarnsworth

hubertfarnsworth Forum Resident

25% off sitewide with SUMMER25

10. Ryan Hart

Ryan Hart Forum Resident

I just ordered two albums from these folks, my first purchase with them. Confirmed 25% discount at checkout, now anticipating packaging and shipping lead times and the condition of the records, once received. They seem to specialize in colored vinyl, multiple LP sets, etc.

11. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I've ordered from them a couple of times. Their prices are not great; only worth buying here if there's a sale IMO.

On the upside, they do have a lot of titles that other sites under their corporate umbrella do not, e.g. reggae and jazz.

RE customer service, my last order included a couple of Gregory Isaacs titles that were about the crummiest lps I've ever purchased, incredibly bad pressings, with big scuffs, junk in the grooves, warps etc. I asked to return them and they requested pictures of the flaws. I responded by getting kind of pissy; told them I wasn't going to waste my time trying to get good photos of damaged lps, and that they could just confirm how ****ty the records were themselves, after they got them back.

The next thing they did was refund my full purchase price for those two. Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess (sometimes)...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  12. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, I had a similar situation sometime late last year with them and I got one package where everything was great and another where I had some damage so I asked for replacements on those three and they just randomly sent a full refund for them with no followup email which was fine with me since it was well over $100.

Overall they've been solid though for me. Obviously the only time worthwhile is when they have big sales especially like last year where the 20% and 30% were stacked for a few hours. I still wish I would have grabbed more. Sales have been extremely mediocre lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.