10% Off at Importcds.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by George P, Sep 3, 2015.

1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Where do you see the 20% off? I'm looking at some items from the seller get_importcds and the deal it shows is "buy 1, get 3 at 15% off". Can you post a link to an item (any item) with the 20% off so I can search from there for eligible items?

2. poidog

poidog Senior Member

A Google search came up with several invalid promo codes.
    Is there one reliable source for promo codes gord importcds?

3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yes, their own webpage will have the discount code published during the time it is valid. ImportCDs doesn’t mess around with mysterious discounts. When one is active, the code is quite evident.

As for the eBay discount question, those do in fact bounce around a bit. Give it time, 20% off $X should reappear soon.

jamesc, PhantomStranger and poidog like this.
  4. poidog

poidog Senior Member

Thanks!

5. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

the packing quality for vinyl from the ebay store is the same than the site?
    I know is the same company (or not?) but his prices are different from the site vs ebay, so... curious.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Same company ? Yes.
    Same packing ? My experiences say no.
    The eBay store once gave me my second best packing job ever, with a modern miracle of steel rule die, and corrugated cardboard that was nearly bombproof. Second only because Rhino UK once sent me a box with actual wood supports !!!!!

Import CDs the site uses the pressed corrugated style of album shipping. Album is placed on the bottom half, while the top half is pressed onto it, with adhesive around all 4 sides.

klownschool and stenway like this.
  7. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

oh! that sounds great to me, why? I plan buy mostly of the records that I want on the ebay store! thank you.

Myke likes this.
  8. eatandoph

eatandoph Forum Resident

Anyone ever order from them and have an item you ordered listed on the packing slip (with the same tracking number) that wasn't actually in the package? In this case I ordered two CDs and an LP and the LP wasn't included — in fact, the package wasn't large enough to include one. I put in a "did not receive item" message on Ebay day before yesterday (with a photo of the packing slip and packaging) and haven't received a reply.

9. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

They mailed me the wrong item once. They asked me to use a generated return label. I mailed it back, no reply. Eventually my bank refunded me my money.

eatandoph likes this.
  10. eatandoph

eatandoph Forum Resident

That's more frustration than I've ever had with them! My bank never got involved with any transaction beyond credit card fraud. ImportCDs did get back to me later today and said they would re-ship tomorrow.

Runicen likes this.
  11. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Their communication delays have definitely gotten worse, but I've never known them to NOT resolve a situation. It's just a question of when...

12. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Same experience except via PayPal. Had to threaten them to get my money back.

13. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

They shorted me an LP once. I contacted then about it and got no response.
    Opened up an eBay case and got no response. I decided to give up. A few months later they double shipped me
    a few albums. I took that as the karma wheel spinning in my favor!

Runicen and jamesc like this.
  14. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

New one right now. TENOFF is the code.

Runicen and Gene Parmesan like this.
  15. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

Had stuff sitting in my cart for the longest time. Finally pulled the trigger a couple days before this latest code. :sigh:

16. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

You can probably phone and cancel.

17. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Funny it's only for in-stock items. That's lousy. Was always for everything.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Marvin likes this.
  18. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

Yeah, that's a bummer. Most of the items I had in my cart were for pre-orders or out of stock items. I guess I'll have to save them for DD's next sale.

19. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i just saw that myself and was like this is bogus

20. Could be an indication that they're going out of business sometime in the (near) future. - Man I hope I'm wrong, though.

21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Um, no.

How about a business decision that actually makes sense. I’ve often wondered why the discount is offered on preorders even though I’ve used the discount many times in the past.

GentleSenator likes this.
  22. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, how do you know it isn't?

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah, i seriously doubt this juggernaut is going under.

24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Because the only game in town isn’t going out of business.

25. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

ImportCDs is the only place that sells CDs?