Walmart Nov 14 Black Friday vinyl sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

I bet amazon doesnt match but has some other offer cooking.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  2. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, I doubt they price match since it's all Walmart exclusives and Amazon doesn't have them. There's a chance they price match I guess for the standard black versions but most wouldn't even be that great of a deal honestly.

What I can almost guarantee will happen though is a ton of price matches to the target sale and probably a limited (but still big) selection of b2g1 items across bluray, vinyl, books.

Batman21 likes this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it seems odd to me that they'd have this be an "in store only" sale given their push to be so competitive in the ecommerce realm. hell, most stores have little to no vinyl. also due to, ya know, a pandemic ongoing.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I wonder if they're simply trying clean out in-store inventory and ween themselves off of in-store vinyl. I know I check the shelves at Walmarts near me whenever I go - hoping to see some price reductions or specials - and I see the same albums there time after time.

5. Abbagold

Abbagold Working class hero

Anybody know if STP’s Core will be in stores? I’d hate get there early just to see the same old titles they carry.

6. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Nov 14 is not Black Friday

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It's what Walmart is calling it...well, Black Friday Deals for Days since we're splitting hairs. It's sort of a month long thing.

8. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I hit two stores last night to see what they had. I didn't see enough to hit my limit of 5 between the two. I'm going to find out if they're going to increase stock before Saturday morning. If not, I won't waste my time.

joelee likes this.
  9. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

Good point. Walmart is not nearby, so it's a gamble to drive over for the approximately $10 savings on each of the exclusive vinyl. There's been so many online vinyl sales, a future online sale might be just as good.

10. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

The Walmart flyer I received in the mail a couple days ago has the exclusive vinyl pictured among all the other stuff. It says the sale starts online at 12am eastern, 5am local. So it might be worth it to check online before heading out to a store.

11. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

Go with a friend and make a game of it! Play punch-buggie, but for sweatpants instead of Volkswagon sightings.

JasonA likes this.
  12. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

The Fleetwood Mac color vinyl are excellent pressings. I work in a hospital so going to Walmart doesn't scare me. Just wear a good mask. My Walmart is out of the Macs. I bought them all lol.

Thesmellofvinyl and Bloom like this.
  13. marcb

marcb Senior Member

The fine print says in-store only on the flyers I’ve seen.

leeroy jenkins likes this.
  14. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

Yeah, I just looked again and it does say in store only in the fine print. It's a very confusing page

15. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

The Goodbye Yellow Brick Road picture disc actually doesn't sound bad.

16. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Double mask and goggles if youre going!

And wash them nasty hands post album flipping!

Oh and wipe down the lps before you take the shrinked virus lps into your homes!

And wash your hands!

Davidmk5, Bloom and GentleSenator like this.
  17. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

I was at my local Walmart today and they have all their Black Friday stuff in one of the main aisles with pallets shrink wrapped and hand written signs "sale stuff not available until 11/14". They had a small section of albums in it, with "$15" sign, saw the Kiss Love Gun colored LP.

Tjazz likes this.
  18. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

JasonA likes this.
  19. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

I just pee on them, it works for jellyfish stings should kill virus's right? :)

boboquisp and mpayan like this.
  20. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

ITS HAPPENING PEOPLE ITS ALL HAPPENING

GentleSenator and JasonA like this.
  21. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Legend has it Moises Alou (retired MLB player) did that on his hands to get a better grip on the bat. He didn't wear batting gloves--so maybe true?!?!?!

22. This is in store only or online orders too?

23. hype

hype Forum Resident

It looks like there are already around 20 or so priced at $15 on the website.

Davidmk5 and Batman21 like this.
  24. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Just saw that too

Davidmk5 likes this.
  25. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

yeh , there were a few , nothing i really needed ............. the Queen was a good Deal but it's gone now , a lot more listed as in store only .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.