Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Hopefully Amazon matches again , though i will say just got the last of my target order from last time & they did a great job getting them to me & packing them :righton:

2. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Yes, I have tried that one many times, but I don't think she buys it... :D

Dignan2000 likes this.
  3. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

You guys who have wives can store your records with those of us who don't have wives. They will be there for you to borrow when your wives go out with other wives. This way the records will be safe even if you guys with wives buy the farm!

4. hype

hype Forum Resident

It's been active for a few hours already I guess, they started it up early!

5. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

It looks like it’s only today and tomorrow(11/6-11/7).

Grabbed the Queen Studio Collection, but since there was only 1 I had to find something else that was just as expensive to do the cancel trick. I guess they sell textbooks? I found some that were over $1k that qualified for the deal...

Now to see what else I can irresponsibly purchase...

6. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

between this and the umusic shop sale i wont have any room!

Dignan2000 likes this.
  7. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

I have fatigue from the last sale and my wallet is thinned out, I think I need to pass, wish they had this in DEC.. maybe they will ;)

Dignan2000 and thatguy1976 like this.
  8. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

I'm anticipate the next Acoustic Sounds sale will bleed me dry.

Nephrodoc, Dignan2000 and Mike6565 like this.
  9. Levi's Tubs

Did the old cancel routine (my first time, so exciting!) with the Charlie Parker Savoy set. Came to $55 after tax, down from $70.

davidpoole and neubian like this.
  10. beyondmiles

I had been waiting and waiting since they just restocked the Pet Sounds mono 2x45 (I have the stereo but been itching for the mono) and the Ella + Louis. I finally just gave up and went w/Music Direct 10% since it applies to AP when I picked up some of the new Silver Label MoFi's they dropped yesterday.

About to do the same. Also deciding to now start picking up all the Dylan Bootleg series, as they've got about half of them. I'm an idiot.

Dignan2000 likes this.
  11. Levi's Tubs

Are there any Dylan Mofi records on the site at all besides Oh Mercy? Why is that one on there and not the rest?

12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

How do you search for the MoFi stuff on the site? Ive tried MoFi, MFSL, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab and get only the Dylan. Maybe thats it? No one steps?

Anyway I went jazz on the last order Im going rock n roll (or whatever its called now) on this one.

Idles Mono Super Deluxe (has the better sounding lp from what I gather?)

All Them Witches- Nothing As The Ideal

Bill Callahan-Gold

Im allowed one more 3 for 2 my gf says.

Jazz or rock..jazz or rock...hmmm.

I have to say, I have as much fun shuffling these around, comparing prices to discogs and amazon to find the ultimate deal than any other music purchases. I end up with 40 or so titles then have to trim down to 6. I have a weird sense of fun most likely :D

13. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i couldnt find any mofi titles regardless of how i searched.

14. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

I bought some Cars Mofi the last time around, but I don’t think they were called out. You just had to “know”.

15. beyondmiles

Negative, the only MoFi Dylan I've seen is Oh Mercy.

Search for URP Music Distributors. It's obviously more than just MoFi titles, but if you sort by price, it's a bit easier to see them pop up. There aren't a ton right now, though.

16. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I guess we should be surprised they had the MoFi titles to begin with. It was kinda odd if you think about it.

17. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

ONE OF US ONE OF US

davidpoole, hutlock and Levi's Tubs like this.
  18. Levi's Tubs

To answer your earlier question, they had Mingus Ah Um One Step in stock last night, but when I caught wind of the sale this morning it was sold out.

mpayan likes this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

20. beyondmiles

I think Target may have flagged my account as I'm getting denied when I try to add more than 1 quantity of an item to my cart - granted, it's only on certain items but surprisingly more than just a coincidence. Honestly for the better, I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel and probably don't need more.

This round I got:
    • Queen - Studio Collection Box Set
    • Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vol 1-3
    • Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vol 5
    • Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vol 12
    • Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vol 13
    • Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vol 14
    • Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vol 15
    • Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy (MoFi)
    • Charlie Parker - Savoy 10" LP Collection Box Set
    • Dave Brubeck - Time Outtakes preorder
    • Horace Silver - Song For My Father preorder
    Alright, I'm done. Stop me. Please.

superstar19 and Davidmk5 like this.
  21. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Where's the Music Direct coupon? Couldn't find that nor did I see the new silver titles.

22. BRush

BRush Senior Member

I found the Kinks Lola 50th vinyl and the recent Buzzcocks reissues.

SJP likes this.
  23. Ordered the first three Blue Note Classics 3 for 2:
    • Lee Morgan - Sidewinder
    • Horace Silver - Song for My Father
    • McCoy Tyner - The Real McCoy
    Why no Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil? This is scheduled for same release as the Horace Silver so odd that it hasn't been added.

The last Target sale wasn't so long ago. And having just double-stacked on UDiscover sale, then followed up with the $10 UDiscover rewards discount ($8 shipped for Andrew Hill Smokestack), I'm becoming inured to these discounts, where the $14-$18 for Blue Note/Verve titles just feels like the going rate. It makes much other music feel overpriced given the quality at this price point.

Side note, anyone know whether the Music On Vinyl reggae titles at Target (Alton Ellis, Derrick Morgan) are AAA?

superstar19 likes this.
  24. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Worth sorting by price range - a few things to flesh out the collection if you didn’t already have them on the low end in the $15-25 range coming in lower than expected. Help!, Sticky Fingers, lots of Queen all around $16. (Also, a ton of stuff that has already or will eventually find its way into the DeepDiscount Blow Out bin for half or more off...)

superstar19 and SJP like this.
  25. Levi's Tubs

Silver's Further Explorations wasn't listed by the time of Target's last sale, but it is now. I suspect Speak No Evil will show up a couple weeks after this sale ends.

davidpoole likes this.