Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

GentleSenator and Nephrodoc like this.
  2. slopduck

slopduck Forum Resident

I doubt it, MAYBE the Treasure Isle stuff (like the Alton Ellis) would be coming from UK tapes, but the Derrick Morgan set is most likely a (very well cleaned up) needle drop. These MOV reggae titles are just taken from the Cherry Red/Doctor Bird CD reissue campaign, which in turn is just licensing from the BMG/Trojan catalog. I don’t see them doing any extra vinyl mastering from those sets.

davidpoole likes this.
  3. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

I want to grab the charlie parker savoy set but not much else in that price i can find except the pink floyd DSOT which i dont really want but id take if i can find a 3rd similiarly priced item

4. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

looks like the sale is still going.

Galley likes this.
  5. Swordsandchains

through tonight

6. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I might be wrong, but I don't think Target's sale ends tonight. It's in their weekly ad and the pages that mention the buy 2 get 1 sale don't have a disclaimer that stated it ends prior to the ad's period, which for Target is Sunday through the following Saturday.

superstar19 likes this.
  7. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Last night on the site it said through the 14th ...................... I feel bad for some wallets :agree::bdance:

8. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

The original email I got said 2 day only, I thought anyway

Davidmk5 likes this.
  9. Swordsandchains

My wife told me it was saturday and sunday only. And ill never question my wife about anything Target related.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

It was going on Friday too , maybe it was a 2 day sale then started again Sunday

Davidmk5 and Swordsandchains like this.
  11. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Between the uDiscover 35% and $10 off coupons, I'm actually having trouble finding very many more lps that I feel I need at Target.

I think I'm up to date on BN80s and Tone Poets. I ordered the Jamaica version of Marley's Catch A Fire but it doesn't seem as if I need any more of those, or any of the 1/2 speed versions.

I guess I'll do a bit more surfing around their site but not sure I'll be putting in an order this time around..

Davidmk5 likes this.
  13. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Yes, the original announcement said two days, Friday and Saturday. But it was already known that the same deal was going to be available the following week.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  14. hype

hype Forum Resident

Exactly, the ad for next week has been leaked for awhile and shows this same promotion going on until the 14th.

Pretty much all of Targets promotions end on Sunday so even though it's basically a nonstop sale, according to Target it would be more of a back2back sale. I'm sure it also caused a ton of FOMO for the people that would have normally just waited, I know I noticed a ton of things on my watch list out of stock already.

15. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Good lord, I needed to get in and out of that sale quick! I'll have to tell my wife all the packages from Target are xmas presents. (I'll leave out the fact that they are xmas presents for myself!)

16. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

Sale going all week is dangerous. I'm still dealing with a bunch of replacements and shipping damage from the last sale so I told myself I'd sit this one out... but once I abandoned that idea, can't stop making orders

PhantomStranger and superstar19 like this.
  17. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

After placing "only one" order, I'm finding myself getting a bunch of vinyl for my kids, and a few more things for myself. This is a cool sale indeed.

18. 99khan

99khan Forum Resident

"...vinyl for my kids..." At least that's what you told the wifey. :D :hide: :righton:

Dignan2000, SJP and Davidmk5 like this.
  19. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Well, so much for that idea. I caved:
    Horace Silver Song for my Father (pre-order)
    McCoy Tyner Real McCoy (pre-order)
    John Prine Live (pre-order)

Dignan2000, Davidmk5 and superstar19 like this.
  20. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Since this post, I have also decided to just upgrade all my older copies of these:
    • Led Zeppelin - I (Deluxe)
    • Led Zeppelin - II
    • Led Zeppelin - III
    • Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
    • Pink Floyd - Animals
    • Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
    • Pink Floyd - The Wall
    • Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
    • Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
    And then am reconsidering if I really plan to listen through all 15 studio albums in that Queen box, so also grabbed:
    • Queen - Greatest Hits Vol 1
    • Queen - Greatest Hits Vol 2
    And finally...these because why not?
    • Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas
    • Mariah Carey - Daydream

21. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Let us know how Dark Side and WYWH are. I snagged a score of Floyd vinyl from the last Target sale, but those got iffy reviews for noisiness on Acoustic Sounds.

22. Levi's Tubs

Picked up the two new Horace Silver releases from Tone Poet and Classics and pre-ordered Sturgill Simpson's Cuttin' grass. That's about all I got from this latest offering, besides the Parker Savoy set.

23. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I broke down and grabbed the Bobbie Gentry Box Set I've had my eye on for a while as well as the Abbey Road Super Deluxe and the Nat King Cole Hittin' the ramp...all 3 for about $54 each with some "Target Credits" I had. Not bad I'd say...

I'm sure I'll have "should have bought more" regret and will hit the sale 1 more time before Saturday :doh:

24. hype

hype Forum Resident

Just a heads up for the people that are Circle members (It's free if you aren't one, so you should join if you're going to buy from Target) but they are doing the whole Spend X amount twice and get Y back in rewards. They count the total before discounts too so it's usually pretty worth while imo.

Last sale mine was spend $50 twice and get $15 back.. This sale I got an offer for spending $60 twice and get $20 back.

Biff Jones likes this.
  25. Levi's Tubs

Do you have a super special membership? I'm a circle member- no idea how, I don't recall ever signing up- and I've only seen a few dollars credited here or there.