Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Little Willow

Little Willow Forum Resident

Appeard on MPL Communications / Music Licensing page:
    Search for music - Music Licensing | MPL Music Publishing | MPL Communications

'Rupert And The Frog Song'
    The whole remixed 'Rupert And The Frog Song' soundtrack (no sound effects or dialogues)

'We All Stand Together (Extended Instrumental)' / 'We All Stand Together (Instrumental)'
    Slightly confusing but the "extended instrumental" is just the (remixed) instrumental track and the "instrumental" is the ending part with fainted vocals.

2. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

I thought it was reasonably good, but I was still perplexed by the amount of dirt and spots in
    quite a few scenes. I don't think this was a frame by frame restoration.

longdist01 likes this.
  3. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Nice catch!!

omikron likes this.
  4. Probably old news to many here - but if your interested in Heather Mills commenting on Macca - here you go!

I indulged in this guilty pleasure , (and Lived through it). ;););)

Rob Hughes likes this.
  5. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Well, she made out so well it's hard to feel too sorry for her, but she seems like she's been a little bit scarred by the fact that everyone always wants her to talk about her ex, and yet basically no one even knows who he is anymore. Sounds like a complicated lady! But I think we knew that already...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  6. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

Wow, was that ever moving. I'm speechless. Just a teary mess.

7. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

So what is the implication with this do we think?

Is there a larger release perhaps coming with these additional tracks? Part of a DVD or something?

And to clarify, the Humming Version remains unreleased on CD right?

Who Cares likes this.
  8. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Gee I thought it was just me. :)

9. Rob Hughes

Available for download on iTunes, if that's what it's still called.
    3:38 minute edit, opening with McCartney in his attic, dusting off his childhood Rupert book. Think I haven't seen that intro in, oh, 35 years or whatever.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Who Cares likes this.
  10. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

A rumour from a while back talked about how an animated video collection of Paul's stuff was in the pipeline so maybe a blu-ray & CD set will happen at some point.

Who Cares and omikron like this.
  11. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

The video? I don’t see it in iTunes.

12. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

She also got kicked off the ski team because of an unapproved ski leg. Heather Mills alleged to have 'verbally abused' Paralympic official

13. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Perhaps all his animated related stuff will be released again in a new compilation when the new Netflix High In the Clouds animated film comes out and possibly be included on an updated Paul McCartney animated collection set.

omikron likes this.
  14. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Now I see it. It was under WAST. Thank you!

Rob Hughes likes this.
  15. Rob Hughes

I downloaded it from the iTunes Store, U.S account. Found it first by searching Paul McCartney, then scrolling through the videos, then finally paying my $1.99. So...

16. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I believe so. As well as the iTunes dowoad mentioned previously, it's also available as a hi Res download from Qoboz.

Goodbye poor quality needledrop of unknown origin, thanks for your many years of mediocre service! :wave:

17. Little Willow

Little Willow Forum Resident

Don't have high hopes, I think their presence there is due to their recent use; Rupert And The Frog Song soundtrack in the 4k remaster of the animation short, and We All Stand Together backing track in the LIPA video.

omikron likes this.
  18. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Wine Dark Open Sea — Surfers for Climate

"In a remarkable collaboration legendary musician Paul McCartney and award winning surfing filmmaker Jack McCoy have created a new film clip to McCartney’s evocative homage to the ocean, Wine Dark Open Sea. Featuring the hypnotic surfing of SFC co-founder, Belinda Baggs."

JLPMacca, omikron, Hep Alien and 4 others like this.
  19. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Hej, Super Djedice! :)

Josip, jmxw and omikron like this.
  20. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Paul McCartney Premiere

WORLD EXCLUSIVE VIDEO PREMIERE
    Legendary musician Paul McCartney has teamed up with climate change organisation Surfers For Climate for the world exclusive music video premiere for Wine Dark Open Sea.

“I love the video that my friend and surf filmmaker Jack McCoy has created for this. The striking footage of pro longborder Belinda Baggs and her dance on water is a powerful reminder of how incredible our oceans are and that they need our help to protect them and preserve their wonder for generations to come.” Says McCartney

21. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

oh screw her playing the victim. If not for Paul nobody would be interviewing her. How dare she slag off his music.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  22. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Unapproved. Ski. Leg.

susyredstripe likes this.
  23. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

Sorry, not meaning to completely sidetrack here, but I had to run part of that video, around 1:05 or so. She said that Paul was someone she fell in love with, a normal guy, who happened to write a few good songs in the '60s and '70s...

A. Few. Good. Songs.

And I thought she got a new ski leg last year for Christmas as a stocking stuffer...

edenofflowers and susyredstripe like this.
  24. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

To be fair to her, I know what she means: she fell in love with the person not the musician/superstar.

tug_of_war likes this.
  25. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

Yeah, but a few good songs?

coco77 and Paperback Writer like this.