Walmart Nov 14 Black Friday vinyl sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

makes sense, probably just a purple repress of the experience hendrix version.
    i didnt get it because it really wasnt much discount and i already have the above mentioned version but for those that don't it's a wise purchase.

joelee and superstar19 like this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

probably. but is $15/ea seems like a high price to pay if one's goal is just to make money reselling...

SJP and superstar19 like this.
  3. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

sale is indeed over instore.

4. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i suppose it depends on what the albums are and what their time is worth, some of the double LP sets retail for 30ish which they'd need to sell below that to flip quickly.

maybe a few bucks a title is worth it to them, not worth the headache in my eyes to make $5-10bucks

superstar19, SJP and GentleSenator like this.
  5. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

I saw someone on Facebook marketplace selling the new AC/DC for $50 - which I think is $10-15 MORE than what Walmart was charging without the sale. I suppose there are some suckers out there but hopefully the biggest one is this seller.

6. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

my purchases from the sale
    GNR Greatest hits
    Nirvana ST
    Rush Icon
    GNR Use your illusion 1
    beastie boys ill communication
    Led Zeppelin 2
    Bowie Changes One
    Sam Cooke Portrait of a Legend
    Black sabbath paranoid
    Eric Clapton Unplugged
    Charlie brown christmas Snowflake disc
    REM Automatic for the people 25th anniversary
    bruce springsteen greatest hits
    AC DC Power Up Walmart edition
    metallica and justice for all Remaster

Some were better deals than others, got REM and Metallica just to listen to the remasters for less than full retail. The sabbath was a cheapish grab to replace my old copy.
    I was shocked to find the Ac/DC were 2 left and someone grabbed the last as i was walking off.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  7. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Last night I found out the Walmart exclusive Stevie Nicks Stand Back isn’t the box set but a 2LP set of highlights. Dumb they used the same cover as the box.

I have to correct my previous post, I caught the end of the sale yesterday (Sunday), not Saturday. Also when was in the store, I thought the sale was Walmart exclusives only, didn’t realize it was everything or I would have grabbed REM, U2 and a bunch of stuff on my want list that was still there.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  8. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Isn’t the sale still on?

9. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

nope.

10. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

If you would prefer to have the ones you left behind, and can live without some of the ones you bought, go back to the store and see if they will exchange them.

11. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Thanks!
    Did anyone ever find the GFR Greatest Hits?
    I'm interested if anyone has one.

Thanks again!!

superstar19 likes this.
  12. Alan G

Alan G More A Lurker Than A Poster

Yesterday I picked up 3 Fleetwood Mac colored vinyl Walmart exclusives. I did notice that they had a copy of Mirage but I did not pick it up. Today I went back to pick it up and see if they had a copy of Tango In the Night. They had both and when I went to the self check out each of them rang up for $9. Score!
    Might be worth it to check and see if any remaining titles ring up like this.

Alan

13. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Never mind, they would not let me exchange one of mine. They told me I am free to return the one record and get $15 back, but would have to pay full price for the record that I wanted to take tonight.

14. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I went to three stores nearby on Sunday. One had a small rack with $15 signage, not much in it. One had a nice AC/DC "Pwr Up" rack with a couple of CD's in it. Couldn't find the AC/DC vinyl anywhere.

15. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Geez, wish I had known the AC/DC would be so popular. The store I went to on Saturday morning had at least 8 copies. More than any other title IIRC.

16. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I was very late to the party I guess. At $15 you can see how many other albums people bought besides AC/DC.

17. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

wow ! 2 stores o was in saturday evening didn't even have the cd versions & certainly no vinyl , that was a really great deal for sure .

18. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

DANG!,, good on you dude! :righton:

19. jabrow75

jabrow75 Forum Resident

I was at my local WalMart yesterday and noticed they now have the Garth Brooks LP's that were part of the Box Set available as individual LP's for $12.97ea. From the Analogue series. Available on their website too. I suppose if you just want an individual album, but at the prices these boxes have been going for on Amazon lately you might as well get the whole thing.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garth-Brooks-No-Fences-Vinyl/869104372
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garth-Brooks-In-Pieces-Vinyl/683229911
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garth-Brooks-The-Chase-Vinyl/523504024
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garth-Brooks-Fresh-Horses-Vinyl/488006816

Triple Live is $15.97, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garth-Brooks-Triple-Live-Vinyl/182524798

20. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

So was the $15 sale for everything, or did just SOME stores have everything $15? I saw on Reddit that someone got a $43 The Wall for $15

21. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Everything was $15. I got a copy of the Wall too.

Tedw9 and Boomy like this.
  22. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

The Walmart I went to didn't have much on Sunday but I was able to get DSOTM for $15.

23. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Very nice. I wonder if they will do something again on vinyl....

24. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

If anything it was a great time to stock up!

25. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Forum Resident

I went to one last week totally unaware of this thread until today. I did get the GNR GH, Nirvana GH, and Kiss Love Gun since they were in a display for $15 but I had no idea it applied to other albums. Kicking myself now.

groovelocked likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.