Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Dr. Dog

Dr. Dog You can talk to me...

What's wrong with a mullet?

2. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

It hasn't leaked.

vegard martinsen and Dr. Dog like this.
  3. The Wheels Off Your Car

The Wheels Off Your Car Forum Resident

I've always thought it'd be cool to write a song using the title of another song you've never heard. With that in mind, I'm tempted to write a song called The Kiss of Venus. Now, what rhymes with Venus? ... Subpoenas? Intravenous? Hmm, could be a fun little ditty!

4. Dr. Dog

You should write a song called Carnival of Light.

5. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

I just designed a back-cover for the album, since we don't even have a confirmed tracklist yet...

[​IMG]

6. The Wheels Off Your Car

:laugh: the ultimate example! Just release the damn thing, Beatles! I need to get my disappointment over with...

Dr. Dog likes this.
  7. tug_of_war

Very well done! :righton:

8. postscripum

postscripum Forum Resident

It hasn't got hair chops.

9. rlj1010

rlj1010 Forum Resident

Temporary Secretary in front.
    Party Party in back.

10. Dr. Dog

Funnily enough, or unfortunate for me, my love of Paul had me sporting a mullet long past its use by date.

11. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Mischievous

12. The Wheels Off Your Car

Nothing wrong with that. There's something noble about Paul's hair now. A bit Lord of the Rings, almost. He suits it better than he'd suit a short back and sides I reckon.

13. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I guess this is where I lose the plot. I can't see how businesses were required by law to close and yet Paul wasn't required to close his private studio, unless you consider it not to be a business premises but simply a private one that he just happens to use to make product... Oh, the opacity of the rules :)

But what I think your comment does confirm is that businesses were required by law to close (and many, of course, did). So, even if your view is that Macca did nowt wrong, I think it was reasonable for someone not so au fait with the legal twists to draw the conclusion that he did. Anyway, we have new music coming up, and that's the most important thing.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  14. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Seen us...

15. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Hope it came with a free 'sex-toy', for the store across from it!

Geordiepete likes this.
  16. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

maybe a discount from the crematorium on the other side?

vince likes this.
  17. Pattch82

Pattch82 Trouble is - gloves don't give a sh!t.

Not all businesses were required to close, only certain sectors... so for example, the whole construction industry was forced to close, and all construction workers were placed on to the governments furlough scheme. All pubs, restaurants, etc. were forced to close and staff put on the furlough scheme. So for these people, they will have been told to stay at home because they couldn't physically work, their place of work had been closed. But, it wasn't a case of ALL businesses having to close. There were many businesses still up and running throughout the lockdown... banks, call centres, various office-type jobs, various "essential" shops, local government front-line services, etc.

I was able to work from home for the most part, but due to the nature of my job I am required to go in to the office usually one day per week, and I was allowed to do that as I was working from home when I could and only travelling to the office when I had to.

So in Paul's case... he stated he had a couple of little bits of work that he had to do for an animated film, so he had to go to his place of work to finish that up, and that got him in to the routine of recording more regularly. But as it is his own studio, and he was travelling there only when he needed to record, I don't think he broke any rules whatsoever.

BeatleJWOL, Tord, zobalob and 4 others like this.
  18. Calico

Calico Senior Member

What were Paul's albums that leaked (or could be heard) one or more weeks ahead of their official release date?

I have fond memories of "Wings At The Speed Of Sound", "Wings Over America", "London Town" and "Back To The Egg" being played almost in full on the radio (RTL or its English-language parent Radio-Luxembourg) about one week before release date.

Several songs from "Flowers In The Dirt" other than "My Brave Face" were also on the radio about one week before release date.

A 3-track sampler tape of "Flaming Pie" (with different mixes of "Young Boy" and "The World Tonight") were broadcast on the P.A. system of the Dutch Beatles Convention about 6 weeks before the album came out, and a tape with the complete album started circulating soon thereafter.
    "Rushes" also circulated widely on cassette form several weeks before it was released (and it included the long version of "Bison", which wasn't featured on the album itself).

The leak of "Driving Rain" was impressive: the full album circulated in CD quality (minus "Freedom") almost two full months before it was came out.

For "Chaos And Creation", some lucky people got to hear "Too Much Rain" ahead of the album release since it appeared on a rare promo CD single two weeks before the album was released. Other than that and the "Fine Line" single, a couple of songs could be heard on Paul's official website but that was all.

19. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"MMmmmmm....Creamy-Torium..."- Homer Sipson.

tug_of_war likes this.
  20. tug_of_war

I heard "Memory Almost Full" and "Kisses On The Bottom" a full month before their release dates. But "McCartney III" is unleakable, it seems. :D

21. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

This wasn’t directed to me, but lately I’ve been writing an absolute banger called “It’s Okay To Leave A Dog In A Hot Car”

22. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

4 tracks from Egypt Station leaked in August 2018, but they were bad quality recordings.

Ringo Hendrix and Victor46542 like this.
  23. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Driving Rain for sure

24. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Penus
    :):):)

25. Dr. Dog

Titanic.

I reckon it's going to be nice to hear the album without having heard the song that is a single a million times.