Nancy Sinatra Reissue Campaign via Light In The Attic [Coming 2021]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FJFP, Oct 8, 2020.

1. wendigone

wendigone Forum Resident

I really love her duets with her pop, but it seems they won't be part of her compilation CD. "Somethin' Stupid" was of course a monster,
    but "Feelin' Kinda Sunday" was also enjoyable, and "Life's a Trippy Thing" is great fun.

Jarleboy likes this.
  2. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

She recorded a lot of really great stuff too after this period. The last studio album she did is excellent, with so many current collaborators of the time it was released, would love to get that on vinyl.

She also has 3 or 4 digital only release compilations she put together that contain a lot of her non-album singles. I have a compilation CD from a few years ago of her California themed songs that’s really great.

John B Good, Jarleboy, FJFP and 2 others like this.
  3. This is worth getting through Covid for !
    I admit I come in on the Lee Hazlewood train more than the Nancy train, but count me in. Nancy on fresh vinyl, yes please. I do have a copy of Nancy and Lee - perhaps an '80s reissue. Half decent condition, great record.

4. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

A quality reissue of Nancy and Lee should sound great. The original does. It's a common album but not in excellent condition.

RSteven and pghmusiclover like this.
  5. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I would dearly love that 2004 album on vinyl!

A little off topic, but Nancy’s daughter AJ Lambert released a wonderful album, “Careful You”, in 2019. She’s also released some standards digitally. She sounds quite a bit like her mom!

AJ Lambert - Careful You

6. emjel

emjel Forum Resident

Does anyone know if these albums will get released in the U.K.

Man at C&A likes this.
  7. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I have always loved the duet "Something Stupid", which was written by Van Dyke Parks brother, but I have always felt that Nancy was singing terribly flat on that one.

Here is Frank alone, which loses some of the magic of the "duet" version, but it still works. For me, the classical sounding guitars, the strings and those smooth horn flourishes are what truly makes this song work for me.

8. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Nancy said yes on Instagram. There will be a pink vinyl indie exclusive there!

emjel and Man at C&A like this.
  9. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Even if they don't, LITA stuff tends to be easy to get hold of here at a decent price anyway.

FJFP and RSteven like this.
  10. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

It is fascinating to me that music that for decades was considered boring thrift-bin twaddle (by classic-rock worshipping baby boomers) is reinvented as “neo-hip” by the millennial generation.

Very interesting.

beetlesonique, FJFP and RSteven like this.
  11. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

yes easy to find but not at decent prices , both their cd and vinyl releases are super expansive over here i found compared with other American labels . Quality packaging and so on but pricey

12. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

13. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

14. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Fully agreed. COASTIN' was a much catchier tune, and both it and SUGAR TOWN are the highlights of THE SUGAR album.

15. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Love Eyes is one of my favourites.

Batears52 likes this.
  16. Collapsed Lung

Collapsed Lung Forum Resident

...I imagine that, like other comprehensive LiTA reissue campaigns, I will buy the first few excitedly, then slowly taper off my enthusiasm, and finally sell all but the best one or two in order to free up shelf space.

rod likes this.
  17. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

Dissapointed that Start Walkin' only goes from 1965. I still want official releases of Like I Do and Tonight You Belong To Me (which exist in stereo as well).

18. I have the two Rhino cds, Hit Years, and Fairy Tales and Fantasies, the seven Sundazed cds, the you go go girl on Varese, California Girl, How Does it Feel, One More Time, and Nancy. Is their anything I am missing that is on this new collection? I see that it is missing her second number one single with Frank.

quicksrt likes this.
  19. emjel

emjel Forum Resident

johnnybrum likes this.
  20. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

Are the 3 upcoming announced albums generally considered to be her better albums?

21. AudioPhil

AudioPhil Forum Resident

I pre ordered from here Nancy Sinatra - Start Walkin' 1965-1976 but the Pink vinyl seems to be popular and selling out at other places

22. emjel

emjel Forum Resident

Yes, looks like it. Let’s hope that the dealers who accept the orders actually get enough copies to cover those pre-orders. I see there is at least one dealer in the U.K. who is not taking new orders for the pink vinyl stating Sold Out.

AudioPhil likes this.
  23. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I imagine they’ll get around to the bulk of her albums released in this period, though I can’t see them reissuing or giving vinyl first releases to the albums from 75 onwards (with the exception of the 2004 album). LIT eventually did practically every Lee Hazelwood album and if you’re patient Amazon UK always sells them for a decent price.

FJFP likes this.
  24. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast Thread Starter

I’m tempted by the comp, but only the on block really. The booklet is what’s got me interested. 24 pages with new photos and an interview? Count me in! We can look at some prices closer to release.

25. Record Rotator

Record Rotator A vintage/retro-loving sentimental fool

I like the artwork!

[​IMG]

RSteven, Lewisboogie, FJFP and 2 others like this.