Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I can’t tell you how much I am enjoying your posts, more than all of the magazine reviews so far put together. My excitement for this release couldn’t be topped by anything else, you have described it so vividly and it sounds wonderful.

2. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

That's such a terrible title I kind of like it.

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  3. Like WoW! That all sounds so fab!

Thanks for addressing all our questions, so much.

who-hooo, ooh yeah, ratatala, chickachick !

Boognish, jmxw, Fortuleo and 2 others like this.
  4. Callum Mylott

Callum Mylott Well-Known Member

anyone else booked the day off work for the album? a given surely

5. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I'm wondering if there will be more songs than what's on the album. Paul's pretty good at writing much more and leaving stuff off the album for singles, deluxe editions, etc.

6. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I work at a record store so I'm making sure I GO to work that day.

Boognish, Wingsfan2012, jricc and 5 others like this.
  7. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Why not? David Bowie didn’t want it anymore and deleted it from later editions of „Never Let Me Down“...

jmxw likes this.
  8. Callum Mylott

Callum Mylott Well-Known Member

i bet you get to have some great covos with customers about music !

Paperback Writer likes this.
  9. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

Various reports mentioned 25 songs recording during the session

omikron and Paperback Writer like this.
  10. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I have more bad ones than good ones. It's not as dreamy of a job as one would think.

Boognish and Paperback Writer like this.
  11. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Maybe I'm naive, but my guess is that McCartney III will be its own entity (no b-sides or future bonus tracks/deluxe edition), and that any songs Paul has left from 2020 either demos, full recordings or just compositions, he's saving for his next album.

My hope is that he goes into the studio with his touring band (or just other musicians) and knocks out a record with Rick Rubin or something like that. Something produced, but not THAT produced. Something in between McCartney III and Egypt Station.

Elliottmarx likes this.
  12. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Maybe it will be a Paul and Taylor duets album. Actually, I think a song of Paul's with her treatment probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Since Covid isn't going away too soon, I could see a sort of parallel to Ram as the next thing. Grab a couple people to play and record. How many members are in his current band? I'm sure they need some kind of work right now.

13. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Yes, please! :love:

Paperback Writer and cwitt1980 like this.
  14. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

My bet is most will be kept as demos for a future studio album.

15. sdldawn

sdldawn Forum Resident

Lawd i hope this thing finds its way to our ears soon. Im losing it over here

James McCartney and tug_of_war like this.
  16. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

I have come to hate the bonus edition thing... I don't mind paying more for an expanded edition with bonus tracks, up front on release day. But having to come back 6 to 12 months later & buy it again just for the extra tracks. That's what McCartney did with Egypt Station, i just bought the regular Egypt on release and added the 6 or 7 bonus tracks free off youtube.

By contrast as an example, when the Who WHO 2019 was released last year , you could simply buy the 4 bonus tracks on the expanded edition. Although they too have just released , a year later, a new bonus edition with 9 live bonus tracks...but at least they are unrelated to the studio cuts.

If history repeats itself, then just wait 3 to 12 months & McCartney will allow his people, to gouge the fans once again, forcing them to buy again for 3 or 4 bonus tracks.

CDC, beatleroadie and cwitt1980 like this.
  17. beatleroadie

I think Paul should absolutely write a song for Taylor Swift to sing. That would be cool. A duets record with her, eh, I'll pass.

Personally I'd love for Paul to have Beck as a guest on a song/album.

I just think they could make a real magical track or two together--and both have worked with Greg Kurstin.

Mkirk, Beatlebug, Anthony B. and 3 others like this.
  18. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Thanks for another great up-date. I particularly noticed your description of Husbands and wife’s as “gothic blues”. Paul mentioned being inspired by Leadbelly for that song so it makes sense

19. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

or some tracks for a next release of the album or a Record Store Day

Boognish likes this.
  20. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I don't like that either. However, Paul has ALWAYS had tracks not on the official album whether it was a b-side, single, etc. I try not to get into the deluxe things with Paul as he takes up a huge chunk of my shelf space already. I still like to hear the extra stuff whether I have a physical copy or not. But I do understand the dilemma for those that feel the need to own it on a physical format.

Paperback Writer likes this.
  21. livin´thing68

livin´thing68 Forum Resident

If I read all the previous reviews, the album might sound more like "Chaos And Creation ... than anything else, or am I completely wrong?

22. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Or McCartney IV coming out April 4th 2021! 4 ,4, 4, 4!!!! It's symbol will be a 4 sided pyramid! Paul will record a couple more tracks and it will be released as four 4 song EPs for a total of 16 songs! Each EP will have multiple color variants, but will also be sold as the Red Fourpack set, Green Fourpack set, and so on. Limited to 4444 edition runs each.

[​IMG]

jammincrowe and tug_of_war like this.
  23. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well, more CD versions coming with a bonus track. Check out Paul’s site

omikron, Rob Hughes, Tord and 9 others like this.
  24. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

It's gonna be named Sheep.

tug_of_war likes this.
  25. beatleroadie