Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

So, does one hope that the bonus demos appear on a deluxe edition somewhere down the line or on download sites but risk missing out if/when they don't, or does one just fork out another £30 for 4 demos? Hm...

2. Prudence1964

Prudence1964 Forum Resident

I'm cool with just getting one.

Paperback Writer and tug_of_war like this.
  3. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

:confused:

4. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

I like the coda very much and the song itself is very catchy!

5. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

So can “Find my way” be considered the “single”? Will they release the full song soon?

6. Claudio Dirani

Oh, sure.

Coming soon

Bemagnus likes this.
  7. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Each color cover has a different "secret" demo track on it. It's like a CD single with one track on it. So there are four demos total. Which would cost about $30 to collect all four.

Pretty smart way to get people to buy shirts, hats and dice ha. At least they are available separately, but still $7+ for one demo on CD is a bit much. Could have at least put 2 demos on each CD f0r $7...

8. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

However much I’d love to have the demos I won t buy four sets to get them all
    I’d bet some will though

theMess, planckera and tug_of_war like this.
  9. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Who's saying that?

10. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

So he's releasing 15 of the 25 tracks. Not bad.

James McCartney likes this.
  11. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

omg multiple color boxes? You bastard...wtf is this crap?? SMH

12. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Sounds like this is for the full CD with the one "yellow" bonus track.

[​IMG]
    McCartney III - Deluxe Edition Yellow Cover CD
    Paul McCartney

$14.33
    Ships on December 18, 2020

Secret demo edition McCartney III yellow cover store-exclusive softpak CD

Includes unique yellow cover secret bonus demo track

Written, composed, and produced by Paul McCartney

Cover Portrait by Mary McCartney

‘Made in Rockdown’

50 years following the release of his self-titled first solo album McCartney, featuring Paul playing every instrument and writing and recording every song, Paul McCartney will release McCartney III on December 11th. Paul hadn’t planned to release an album in 2020, but in the isolation of “Rockdown,” he soon found himself fleshing out some existing musical sketches and creating even more new ones. Before long an eclectic collection of spontaneous songs would become McCartney III: a stripped-back, self-produced and, quite literally, solo work marking the opening of a new decade, in the tradition of 1970’s McCartney and 1980’s McCartney II. Recorded earlier this year in Sussex (UK), McCartney III is mostly built from live takes of Paul on vocals and guitar or piano, overdubbing his bass playing, drumming, etc. atop that foundation. McCartney III spans a vast and intimate range of modes and moods, from soul-searching to wistful, from playful to raucous and all points between — captured with some of the same gear from Paul’s Rude Studio used as far back as 1971 Wings sessions. And Paul's array of vintage instruments he played on the new album have an even more storied history, including Bill Black of Elvis Presley's original trio's double bass alongside Paul's own iconic Hofner violin bass, and a mellotron from Abbey Road Studios used on Beatles recordings, to name but a few. Just as McCartney’s 1970 release marked Paul’s return to basics in the wake of the biggest band break-up in musical history, and the 1980 avant-garde masterpiece McCartney II rose from the ashes of Wings, McCartney III finds Paul back on his own, turning unexpected circumstances into a personal snapshot of a timeless artist at a unique point in history.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  13. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

More wonderful details and insights -- thank you!

14. Claudio Dirani

As they haven't officially released the tracklisting, we now have a secret tracklisting plus a secret bunch of secret demos and a secretly scheduled single.

15. Little Willow

Little Willow Forum Resident

This is a total shame.
    And you'll see in 12 months when they'll release the Super Duper Extra Collector Limited McCartney III boxset with all of those demos in a $1,000 set...

16. beatleroadie

My assumption was that these demos are for tracks that were completed for McCartney III (for example "Women and Wives (demo)"....But we don't really know. I guess it's possible that these are completely different compositions.

tug_of_war likes this.
  17. Claudio Dirani

You don't know because it's a secret!

beatleroadie likes this.
  18. portlandjulian

portlandjulian Forum Resident

OMG and to think people moaned and moaned and moaned about Kylie Mingouse and the various editions of her recent Disco album !!!

Rob Hughes likes this.
  19. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Sounds like this is for just the CD single "yellow" bonus track not the whole album included.
    [​IMG]
    McCartney III - Secret Demo Edition Yellow Cover CD

Paul McCartney

$7.33

Quantity

Ships on December 11, 2020

Secret demo edition McCartney III yellow cover store-exclusive mini-jacket CD

Includes unique yellow cover secret bonus demo track

Written, composed, and produced by Paul McCartney

Cover Portrait by Mary McCartney

‘Made in Rockdown’

50 years following the release of his self-titled first solo album McCartney, featuring Paul playing every instrument and writing and recording every song, Paul McCartney will release McCartney III on December 11th. Paul hadn’t planned to release an album in 2020, but in the isolation of “Rockdown,” he soon found himself fleshing out some existing musical sketches and creating even more new ones. Before long an eclectic collection of spontaneous songs would become McCartney III: a stripped-back, self-produced and, quite literally, solo work marking the opening of a new decade, in the tradition of 1970’s McCartney and 1980’s McCartney II. Recorded earlier this year in Sussex (UK), McCartney III is mostly built from live takes of Paul on vocals and guitar or piano, overdubbing his bass playing, drumming, etc. atop that foundation. McCartney III spans a vast and intimate range of modes and moods, from soul-searching to wistful, from playful to raucous and all points between — captured with some of the same gear from Paul’s Rude Studio used as far back as 1971 Wings sessions. And Paul's array of vintage instruments he played on the new album have an even more storied history, including Bill Black of Elvis Presley's original trio's double bass alongside Paul's own iconic Hofner violin bass, and a mellotron from Abbey Road Studios used on Beatles recordings, to name but a few. Just as McCartney’s 1970 release marked Paul’s return to basics in the wake of the biggest band break-up in musical history, and the 1980 avant-garde masterpiece McCartney II rose from the ashes of Wings, McCartney III finds Paul back on his own, turning unexpected circumstances into a personal snapshot of a timeless artist at a unique point in history.

20. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

I think my head just exploded.....not just multiple editions with different colors. But multiple color dice........

21. Sean Murdock

I also wanted to thank you @backseat and everyone else who has been giving us glimpses of the new album. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jammincrowe, jricc, backseat and 4 others like this.
  22. Callum Mylott

Callum Mylott Well-Known Member

Pauls people watch this forum and know what Mugs/Fools we are for collecting merch and Album variants :(

23. Sean Murdock

Well, I did predict about 200 pages ago that Paul would eventually sell the dice on his website for the unlucky multitudes who didn't get them in the mail. Nice in a way that none of the commercial ones match the color of the promo dice, which means they stay "special."

24. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Not me!

I'll buy the "normal" white dice CD/black vinyl. And that's it.

:cool:

25. beatleroadie

I guess I'm misreading the description on the website or taking the wording too literally when it says what the CD includes?

Suppose it could be the entire album + secret demo for $7.33 though. That's a good price for those who haven't ordered the CD yet!